What about a podcast of renting a DVC ?

I mean I know it's obviously voluntary but as you said it's a Dreams Unlimited advertisement...I'm sure its hard to gauge exactly how much money it brings though the door...but the fact is you are now taking donations to help you advertise..kind of a weird situation vs someone who doesn't directly benefit from what may or may not be said on their show/channel.

But hey it's the viewers money.
I believe the original concept of the podcast was to promote Dreams, but the podcast has grown since the days they sat at a kitchen table with Bob. Listen to what was being produced ten years ago. They now are on video format putting up shows five days a week. They have employees that do not primarily work for Dreams, but work specifically for the shows. As they continue to grow and hire staff they have expanded far beyond the premise of being a commercial for Dreams.

Well, the more and more that these 3rd party companies advertise, then these forums (here and elsewhere) have discussions and such, it's making it more difficult. If you pay attention to the 3rd party sites, they're begging owners for points to rent out and it's turning into simple supply and demand. Renting DVC used to be one of those little known things, now it's not and the business is booming (which is good for owners), but, there's only so many DVC's available.
Probably one of the reasons why they have to keep building them. (Besides tapping into an obviously hungry market). I know when I rented points back in '95 or so, from a friend, it was pretty much unheard of.

Probably one of the reasons why they have to keep building them. (Besides tapping into an obviously hungry market). I know when I rented points back in '95 or so, from a friend, it was pretty much unheard of.

What I'm interested in seeing, is there was a rumor a little while ago about the possibility of there being value/moderate DVC's... It'd be interesting to see if something like that came about.

I think that was people speculating about the land that they just announced will become a Star Wars hotel. Saratoga Springs is about as close as you will see to a value in DVC. Villa at AKL were fairly cheap too.

As they continue to grow and hire staff they have expanded far beyond the premise of being a commercial for Dreams.
I love the show. I love the team. I love pretty much everything they do. But the reality is that the shows are promotional for the agency. The only "advertiser" is Dreams. The podcast doesn't do anything to generate revenue other than drive business to Dreams. Sure they sell some t-shirts and such but the whole point is to bring in business for the travel agency.

I have absolutely zero problem with that. It's just reality. If they weren't making sufficient money from Dreams, they wouldn't be able to continue to produce the shows.

there was a rumor a little while ago about the possibility of there being value/moderate DVC's
If I recall, that rumor came about when they started the construction at Caribbean Beach. There was talk that they were going to add a DVC element to that property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter