What alcohol did you buy for the Holidays?

We live in a huge wine & beer producing region, so we always have both in the house. And usually have some kind of local hard cider.

Peppermint vodka is currently in our freezer because DH got sucked into buying it after tasting it at a liquor store. It's yummy, but I'm trying to decide what to do with it!

Also have hard seltzers in the house, bourbon and regular vodka because I love Bloody Mary's. Come to think of it, we're pretty well stocked at the moment. :rotfl:

Champagne and Chambord & Pama for mimosas, plenty of wine, some regular beer & specialty beer. Absinthe, vodka and triple sec. Walnut liquor and Gluewine.

I’d love the details on that basket. My DH loves mezcal.!

This all started because I wanted to get him a personalized yeti lowball, and it just kind of snowballed from there. I don't drink Mezcal so I looked up some cocktails and picked some that I know dh would like.
A couple different margaritas, a honey and smoke cocktail, Mezcal old fashioned.
Off the top of my head this is what is in there. Plus in the fridge will be stuff for Palomas.
Obviously some Mezcal :laughing:, I got 2 different ones based on reviews. Can't remember what they are though, but it's not that easy to find a large selection around here so I got the ones with the best reviews that I could find.
Triple Sec
Habanero margarita mixer
Pineapple margarita mixer. I have a local market here that sells all natural, nothing added mixers. I'd rather use fresh stuff but when I can't these are a great substitute.
Honey simple syrup
Blood orange bitters
Ginger Beer

I buy wine, mostly. LCBO's "vintages" section usually has a good selection at reasonable prices. Also they've got a good selection of single beer cans - a healthy mix of craft, macro and macro-owned "craft" beers.

We bought 2 cases of wine at Davenport Cellars. The owners are retiring and fire selling their remaining inventory at 65% off.

Peanut butter whiskey, Tennessee Fire, Left Hand Nitro milk stout, Hinterland coffee stout, variety pack of Wisconsin Brewing radlers. Always have bottles of shiraz or a cab on hand too.

I used to buy a bottle of Bailey’s around Christmas for hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and coffee Christmas morning but then the bottle would roam around my cabinets all year untouched until I’d get annoyed and toss it out. I have a bottle of Bacardi Mojitos that’s been in my fridge for about nine months. DH bought some mint on his grocery run thinking I might have a drink but he forgot lime. I come from a long line of alcoholics so only drink a handful of times during the year and very rarely at home.

Can you compare the taste of the elderflower to anything? I am seeing it more and more in drinks at restaurants and want to try it.
My DD says lavender. I bought her a drink at her graduation dinner Tuesday made with Elderflower, cost me sixteen bucks! I had a sip expecting it to be “purfumey” but it was nice mild taste.

None.

We have never really been a drinking family for the holidays. My parents might have had a glass of wine or my dad a few beers.

My oldest daughter did bring reusable "coffee cup" filled with wine a couple year. I brought a growler of cider last year and no one drank it (but me).

I plan to make hot cocoa with Vanilla Jim Bean tomorrow night but that is just for me.

But for the family Christmas dinner. Nothing.

Peanut butter whiskey, Tennessee Fire, Left Hand Nitro milk stout, Hinterland coffee stout, variety pack of Wisconsin Brewing radlers. Always have bottles of shiraz or a cab on hand too.
OMG! My son in law brought a bottle of Screwball Saturday for our "neighbor" night appetizer and dessert party. I was skeptical, but I ran out and bought another one Sunday.

For the Holidays I buy wine, and some Bailey's amaretto and Canadian Club that I use to make a holiday liqueur for us and for gifts. I send bottles of it home with guests.

Are you going to be making cocktails with the PB whiskey or is it just something you will be drinking neat?
I got some PB vodka in the summer and haven't even opened it yet because I can't figure out what to do mix with it.

We are stocked and I now have a brand new bottle of Rum Chata to enjoy that I received as a gift! Tried a new vodka - Sour Berry and it was tasty so I will be picking up a bottle of that to go with my lemonade! yum!

Red Stag bourbon from Jim Beam.

Had the hot cocoa flight at Disney and liked this one best. It’s black cherry flavored. Now I don’t have to drive all the way to Disney. ;)

Red Stag bourbon from Jim Beam.

Had the hot cocoa flight at Disney and liked this one best. It’s black cherry flavored. Now I don’t have to drive all the way to Disney. ;)

Okay. Now I am going to have to try to find this. That sounds pretty yummy for hot cocoa and of course I am sure great in cherry Coke.

It was a red crowd Disney day at the liquor store!! They actually had to have people wait outside because they had reached their capacity. Nothing says Christmas like a grocery cart of liquor! JK:thumbsup2 I actually went in for one thing and because the line was so long I looked at other liquors they had. I never do that. So, I went in for Crown black label for my dad and ended up also buying him moonshine cherries. I got some honey bourbon and finally bought fireball cinnamon whiskey . I’m going to find something to do with the fireball. I’ve never had it before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter