What alcohol did you buy for the Holidays?

For this past weekend with my side of the family coming in:
Bottle of sweet red for my niece who only likes sweet wines;
Bottle of pinot grigio;
Bottle of a French Burgundy DW really likes;
Bourbon (Makers) for egg nog and bourbon balls (the One True Holiday Candy in our house :D );
Beer (Blue Moon--that was kind of the center of the Venn Diagram for the various beer-drinkers)

We bought some new (to us) wines: Stella Rosa Moscato d'asti, Black, and Stella Rosso. They were doing samples at the grocery store yesterday, and I liked all 3! BOGOf, and 10% off of 4 bottles or more....yay savings!

We haven't bought any and I would say we don't usually buy specifically for the Holidays either. Sometimes if we want to we'll get some beer in advance if we know we'll want some for the get together.

Oftentimes at my mom's it's pop unless we have beer in the fridge to take over or it's one of those times we want to go buy some. Normally for my mother-in-law's she'll just get Welch's Sparkling Grape for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we'll drink that, sometimes we'll have actual wine. I believe today though she mentioned she might be getting some wine for tomorrow night when we'll be getting together for dinner.

Now that this thread is talking about it it makes me want to maybe get some beer :laughing:

I always buy a bottle of Baileys to sip in the evenings and I received a case of wine from my FIL, so we’re good. 😝

Oh man, I almost don’t want to answer this question for fear everyone is going to think I’m just too klassy. :rolleyes:

We traditionally have grapefruit mimosas on Christmas morning and champagne on NYE, so I needed to buy champagne. But, I’m pregnant this year and my husband will only drink a glass or two at the most, and we all know champagne doesn’t keep long once it’s been opened. I solved this problem by buying.......wait for it........canned champagne. :laughing: My husband can open them one single-serving can at a time without worrying about committing to, or wasting, an entire bottle.

I also needed brandy for a few of my recipes. I had planned to buy a standard bottle of Remy or Hennessy thinking my husband could drink the leftover in his eggnog. The liquor store was my last stop after a day of running errands and my toddler was on the verge of melting down. I got into the liquor store and found the Hennessy inside a locked case. I couldn’t be bothered to chase down an employee for the key, so I grabbed a cheap pint of E&J Brandy for my recipes and decided my husband can drink non-alcoholic eggnog with the rest of us.

He ran out today to pick up some wine for himself. I didn’t look to see what he bought, probably Tempranillo or Garnacha would be my guess.

well. my husband's retirement job is being the "Old World Wine Expert" at a local liquor store. We have two dozen bottles we are taking with us up to visit my mom for Christmas. Some are gifts we will leave for her, others we will drink at the various meals and get togethers. It is a variety of red, white, rose and bubbly.

Also some vodka, tequila, Aperol, elderflower liquour for other drinks.

We also have a great selection of other aperitifs, etc. We probably sound like alcoholics, but I promise you, we are not.
I want to be friends with you. ;)

Now that this thread is talking about it it makes me want to maybe get some beer :laughing:
Quoting myself with an update:

Well we needed to go out to get a few things for a side dish for tomorrow so we decided to stop by the liquor store so yeah thanks for this thread for making me want some :drinking1

Got a build your own 6 pack with 3 different stouts for me and 3 different ales for my husband.

Side note went to Wal-Mart and they were completely out of brown sugar like how is that even possible with as much as they stock. They were also very low on flour and regular sugar. Maybe a truck didn't come or everyone in the city decided they needed some from them lol. We went to another grocery store across the street and got some brown sugar though.

I didn't buy anything to drink but I did buy a few things for gifts or to bring to someone's house.

White wine, rose wine, tequila, Gentleman Jack.

Someone have me a bottle of Skrewball yesterday as a gift. I thought it sounded gross, but I actually liked it.

I always have staple liquor on hand, and mixers. But my must have holiday: Baileys! and of course spiked egg nog. I plan my wine around Christmas dinner (nice white wine this year with ham!) Cheers!🍸🍾

We always have a bar stocked with top shelf liquor like bourbon, whiskey and gin (Makers Mark, Woodford, Glenlivet, Tanqueray, etc)and other things I can't from where I'm sitting. :rotfl: Along with liquor from local places, and lots of local craft beer, we have some Soul Boxer, Kaluhua and Bailey's. Bailey's was the only thing I had to buy.

Oh, we spent the day in Door County yesterday, so came home with 6 bottles of wine. LOL

A few bottles of red wine (Pinot Noir mostly), some Baileys, a nice port for my husband, Larceny bourbon. Hoping there is a bottle of Grey Goose under the tree for me.

We always have a bar stocked with top shelf liquor like bourbon, whiskey and gin (Makers Mark, Woodford, Glenlivet, Tanqueray, etc)and other things I can't from where I'm sitting. :rotfl: Along with liquor from local places, and lots of local craft beer, we have some Soul Boxer, Kaluhua and Bailey's. Bailey's was the only thing I had to buy.

Oh, we spent the day in Door County yesterday, so came home with 6 bottles of wine. LOL

...........and where do you live? :rotfl:

We are off rest of week!

3 bottles of white, one bottle of prosecco and he has bourbon here already. For the two of us. Should get us through until Sunday. :rotfl:
And a red wine and a Bailey's I got from work White Elephant game.

Tonight at my parent's - don't know what they bought, but know they bought a bunch as my entire family will be there...

I think Jack Fire is better... But I like to just sip on it.
Haven’t tried the Jack Fire. I really haven’t been drinking much. I’ve had the Jim Beam Vanilla in my freezer for a couple months unopened. I wanted to by a half pint bottle of Fireball last week and couldn’t find one.

We buy a case of nice wine from a winery in Tuscany that we visited a few years ago. It's special and delicious, but not super expensive. I really like their sparkling blue wine, while DD24 prefers the prosecco. I had gotten one bottle of their sparkling strawberry wine, but then DD16's cello teacher announced she was expecting a girl, so I gave it to her for Christmas.

We really don't do fancy drinks around here--coffee drinks, maybe, but not so much alcohol-based ones. But we enjoy a nice glass of wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter