What and when is your next vacation

None at this time :(

Did ski trip in early Feb.

We've been going to the Lake for a long weekend the last couple of summers a few times throughout the summer so that may be our next vacation.

I do know my husband has been looking into tropical places to vacation on a budget. We'd love to go back to Hawaii but it's expensive in airline tickets (and SWA hasn't started going there yet) and in 2016 we were able to cash in our Delta pts for one ticket so it wasn't as bad. We don't have that amount of pts to do that. The place we would stay isn't all too expensive it's the plane tickets that are the most. He looked into the U.S. Virgin Islands..but unfortunately they have a travel advisory due to hurricane damage. We're itching for a beach but a tropical beach.

Amsterdam, Italy, Oktoberfest, Prague, and Berlin. 5-6 weeks in the fall. So excited!

When are you going to Oktoberfest? We land in Munich the morning of October 2nd and plan to hit the festival that Wednesday and Thursday before we move on to our next destination on the 5th. I love Munich by the way!!!! Is Italy before or after Munich? We are doing Munich, Berchtesgaden, Venice and finishing up in Rome in October. I'm so excited I can't wait!!! It's only two and a half weeks for us, we would love to take longer but work schedules wouldn't really allow that right now.

We are going on a cruise to Alaska in May. I also booked a Christmas Market river cruise along the Danube River for December 2019--long ways away, but I've never been to Europe and it looks awesome so I'm already excited about it. We'll add a few days on each end (Budapest and either Prague or Munich). :cloud9:

The Danube river cruise will be fun, and I'm excited that you are adding days to Budapest and either Prague or Munich. All are fantastic cities, in fact they are probably my top three cities! I love them all so much. The Christmas Markets are so much fun, I love just getting some Gluhwein and taking in the crowds, shops, etc. Budapest happens to be my favorite city I've visited in Europe (see my profile pic, the Parliament building is breathtaking!). Make sure you take in at least one of the baths, oh and the Great Market Hall, and walk across the chain bridge (although it might be closed for refurbishments while you're there...).

To answer the question, I have two trips planned right now. The first one is Memorial Day weekend in the NC mountains. My family always rents a cabin that week and everybody comes. It's something I really look forward to every year!

The second trip is a dream trip for me. Four years ago I made a deal with myself that I would take a "big" trip every year. At that point I had never travelled out of the US and really felt I was missing out. So, I started planning trips and it's been the best thing I've ever done! This year we are heading to Munich on October 1st to take in a few days of Oktoberfest. After that we are staying a few days in Berchtesgaden and then heading to Venice and finishing up in Rome. I'm beyond excited, all lodging and flights are booked, now I'm just reading travel guides and planning what we have to see!

:wave2: Welcome! Sorry the weather is such crap; hopefully a taste of winter is what you’re after!
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/alberta/calgary

Who are you seeing? Big Daddy Weave is coming to town while we’re away - wouldn’t you just know it. :guilty:

I love Big Daddy Weave!! We are seeing Bethel. Have you ever heard them?? Jenn Johnson, Stephanie Gretzinger, etc... Have you heard, It is well with my soul? That is one of their songs.

Ha! Good question – it IS a beautiful campus, in an awesome locale. However, for my son, he wants to go into Hospitality and Tourism Management (he wants to manage a hotel in a high-tourist area). For some reason, this is the school he is (currently) drawn to. He thinks that the opportunities would be high in a location such as that, since they have so many tourists. I think his eventual hope is to run a Disney hotel, or something on that scale. J

FWIW - I went to college in a tiny river town in MN. There were people from EVERYWHERE - domestic and international. I could not believe that people from beautiful, warm, ocean-hugging San Diego would choose tiny little Winona, MN to study. Something must have pulled them there.. so weird, though, to think of what makes people choose what they do!!
That makes sense. It sounds like he has a solid plan. Good for him. :thumbsup2 I always thought that would be an interesting job too. He couldn't find a prettier place to pursue his dreams.

We are going on a cruise to Alaska in May. I also booked a Christmas Market river cruise along the Danube River for December 2019--long ways away, but I've never been to Europe and it looks awesome so I'm already excited about it. We'll add a few days on each end (Budapest and either Prague or Munich). :cloud9:

I suggest Prague. It’s beautiful!

Technically, our next vacation is to China (Beijing, Shanghai, and yes! Shanghai Disney!) in May.

But we’re in Italy now. Started in Florence, now in Milan and headed home tomorrow.

Now that my Disney trip is over, I was feeling a bit gloomy over my lack of upcoming vacations. But first of all, I am going to Dallas, Texas for a few days in August to visit a friend- that will be super fun- and I am trying to plan a family vacation to California afterwards. So hopefully I will soon have something to report!

Sedona and Grand Canyon National Park AZ at the end of Apr-early May. I’ve been to both before but it was years ago. I desperately need a break with Mother Nature and those two places are so beautiful.

Our next vacation is an add-on to a conference I have to speak for several days at. Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island in San Diego.

After that, I have another conference in Orlando in March 2019 that DH will fly down with me and we'll extend the stay a few days.

But I'm saving and looking at Groupons for a travel package for 2019. Not sure whether it'll be Italy (looking for Rome, Florence, and Venice) or something Australia with New Zealand (several days in NZ will be necessary because DH's a huge LOTR fan and wants to visit Hobbiton, etc.). Whatever comes up at a time we're available at a price that doesn't make me cringe.

Since summer is coming up, added to our travel plans.

Reno / South Lake Tahoe in July
Las Vegas in August

I’m flying into Knoxville, TN on Saturday to do 4 days in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Cherokee, NC.

Doing 5 days in Chincoteague, VA after brief stops in Williamsburg and Doswell in August.

Got an email with a great price for our favorite Chicago hotel for the July 4 week so we're booked for 3 nights there. I just booked flights for our Universal trip in December. Changed from 10 nights to 9 because flying out Friday would be at 6:30 AM vs Thursday at 2:30.

In early September hubby's riding the Harley to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, then crossing into the US heading to Milwaukee to the Harley Museum for a repeat visit. Having taken 7 of us to WDW in April we have to save some pennies for our next major trip in 2020 when the 2 of us are flying back to Hawaii with friends to celebrate 3 of us turning 65.

California: Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Francisco, in June.

Finished Santa Cruz on Monday, went to Monterey until today, and arrived in San Francisco a few hours ago. Here until Saturday morning.

I’m flying into Knoxville, TN on Saturday to do 4 days in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Cherokee, NC.

Doing 5 days in Chincoteague, VA after brief stops in Williamsburg and Doswell in August.

I'm guessing you're a big roller coaster fan and will be going to Dollywood, Busch Gardens, and Kings Dominion. Ride Apollo's Chariot for me.

When I posted here a couple months ago it was Disney in August. Unfortunately that has fallen through, and we are now looking at January for our Disney trip. However, we'll be in Richmond for the 4th to visit family, and our original Disney week the end of August is now going to be Colorado. It's going to be more of a family visit kind of trip, but we will for sure be doing Trail Ridge and Mount Evans. May through something else in there, but last year we were on the go so much we didn't really get a chance to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter