What are 3 of your family's favorite card or board games?

We've only played that a handful of times. The first game we played we were a bit like "uhh well this is interesting.." but it actually grew on us. I don't think we'll play it as much as other games but it's a solid addition :)
It's a good game and it travels well. Gets a bit nutty towards the end of the deck as we tend to do a lot of hoarding and play lots of cards at that point. I don't find that it's great for 2 people though. You really need at least 3 to get things going.

Thanks Cynner for the Euchre explanation :)

For those who have mentioned Yahtzee, I remember it came in a red box and was fun, used dice but admit to not recalling how you play. Off to Google it :)

Younger kids at church camps in the afternoons like Memory especially with cute things to match. I have seen a Disney version.
If you have six die you can probably download the scoresheets off the internet. Fairly straight forward game.

I miss people who know how to play Euchre! That's definitely my all time favorite game to play with a normal deck of cards.
WEll, If you lived in N. Mn. you'd be in luck, LOL! I grew up on playing Euchre (snaps on spelling it right:). We play it at all family gatherings and we are teaching the younger ones too.

My husband and I are playing Sequence. We are very competitive and the lead dog changes frequently. As of today, he is the Sequence King:) I play candy crush sage on my ipod. We have Uno and some other board game too.

I hear that board games are popular now and flying off the shelves. That's a good thing.

We've been playing a lot of scrabble lately, in fact we had three blanks yesterday until my husband questioned the two on the board and I realized I had used an L upside-down - I still won.
I hadn't realized how popular Ticket To Ride was, we have four different editions.
AARP on-line games.

We have a game called Medical Monopoly. Perfect for the occasion. The object is to fill up your hospital. But there is a Typhoid Mary Card where if you have it and visit someone's hospital, you can kill some or all of their patients. Very boring with just two players but can be chaotic and a total blast with 4. Not really for little kids as you have to know your treatments.

There is also pandemic. HEHE.

We have some variants of Yahtzee we prefer such as Jackpot Yacht and Kismet.

Of course there are the usual Risk, Monopoly and tons of the Uno type card games. And of course the kids love Cards against Humanity.

Our go to has been Catan for a while. We really like it. Monopoly the last few days. You guys have given some great suggestions, my amazon cart is full.

We play a lot of modern board games. For our family, our top three favourites right now are likely Sushi Go, Splendor, and Azul, because we have n 11 year-old. However, we have literally shelves and shelves of modern board games, so it is hard to pick just three when there are some that are better for families (Animal Upon Animal or Ghost Blitz), some for couples (Fox in the Forest, Patchwork, or Targi), some for people who like strategy (Hive or Pentago), some for people who are newer to modern board games, like (Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride), and some for parties and large groups (completely banned right now, so come and see me later...ha ha!)

Yesterday, we spent the entire afternoon playing this absolutely amazing escape room card game called "The Dungeon" by Kosmos. It is a single use game, as in, once you have played it, you have solved it, so you wouldn't likely play it again any time soon, BUT, it is reusable, in that you can then pass it on to someone else to enjoy. The game can be played in three 90-minute segments, so you get a lot of play time for your money.

You sound like us! We have a HUGE library of tabletop games. Some mass market, some indie games and a bunch we have collected from kickstarters and conventions. I will have to check out a few that you mentioned, we're always looking for new ones!

Don't forget about cribbage, 3 and 13, and canasta.
Board games Machi Koro and Mysterium.
and all time favorite Boggle!
Stay safe and have fun!
LOVE Mysterium!!!

Hard to pick just 3 with the size of our collection, and it definitely changes over time. But currently:

Top 3 card games:
Munchkin (we have 10 different themed sets and mix and match them)
Love Letters
Fluxx

Top 3 board games:
Call to Adventure
Lords of Waterdeep
Horrified

We have the Disney Villains game and one of the expansions, but we're still getting a handle on the game play.

A couple of my 10 and 13 year old's favorites:
Sushi Go
Zombie Kids
Cobra Paw

Cover Your Assets, Apples to apples, Stratego hahaha. With this virus shutting down my company we took playing games as a major way to blow off steam. The one game I couldn't do was Bananagrams because it made my brain hurt lol

DH, DS and I have been playing a game together every night since isolation went into effect on March 21. We hauled out games we haven’t seen since DS was a ‘tween. :goodvibes We take turns picking and my favorites are:
Skip-Bo
Trouble (Toy Story Edition)
Dots (a card/board game that I think has other names regionally)

DS gave me Kerplunk for Mother’s Day and we had a riot playing it last night. Over the past 40 years I’d forgotten how hard it was to get those pesky sticks through those pesky holes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter