What are the stupid things you worry about while planning your trip?

This last trip we were there over Christmas and the week before we left the stomach flu was going around and ds got it early in the week. I was terrified someone else would get sick, but we were lucky.

I also worried that our adrs were going to disappear from the system.Oh and my kids were 7 and 3 and I worried about meltdowns, but we had none and had a great time.

I worry about driving down to the airport. Will something go wrong with the car? Will there be an accident or some other detour {in 2008 the president was coming in and they closed 95 for a short time - thankfully we got thru before they closed the road - but I was starting to freak}. I am very happy when we finally get to the airport.

Then I worry about getting through security - I don't know why?:confused3 but it does worry me. I don't care if I have to wait 3 hours at the gate - it's the whole getting to that point that stresses me out! Even on the way back!

Now, I worry about our aging parents at home while we are away.

And I worry the most about our pets {bird and dog}, I KNOW that they are in great hands {family takes care of them}, but I worry a lot about them!

In general, I worry about my dh having a good time on our trip. I really want him to
have fun and want to return to Disney! He is a pretty good sport, though, about most things. And so far, he's enjoyed my choices for ADRs.

For myself, I worry about getting sick. I have come down with a bad cold the last
THREE times I've been at Disney. :( At least I have collected some of the best cold/headache/sore throat relief products I could find, and should be well prepared for
my upcoming trip in May!

I'll add myself to the list of people who worries that someone will get sick before/during the trip.

I worry about the kids getting sick while we are there. It always happens. Strep throat, stomach viruses, etc. I am hoping for a sick free vacation this May, but I have my doubts. So that leads me to be worried about the cancellation policy for ADR's that a CC hold, and makes me worry about having to miss the Wishes Dessert Party if someone gets sick, etc...

And like a PP, I sometimes worry about terrorism. I think about it before we go but while we are actually there everything seems so perfect and I don't think about it at all! :)

I worry that it will be so busy we wont get to see everything. I can't deal with crazy long lines. I also so worry the people taking care of my cats while we are away, won't really take care of them.

I worry about flight problems - will the plane be late, getting through security, am I going to need the airsick bag. My favoirte was coming home one trip and being put on a prop plane to find the pilot shouting out the window "no, no you need to plug it in there in order to get the engines to start" - I kid you not! :scared1:

I worry about the dog not getting sick or having problems well being boarded.

I worry that everyone will get along and there won't be any meltdowns.

I worry that I didn't pick the right restaurants - just because I'm interested doesn't mean the rest of the group will like it.

I always worry about someone getting sick or hurt and about my parents back home.

Currently I am worried about
1) We are getting the military special offer on tickets with the park hopper: but I am not sure the hopper means I can do and it may not be what I am thinking. (Iwant to do magic Kingdom 1/2 day Monday, Tuesday evening after AK and again Friday.
2) Does 4 days mean 4 consecutive days? We wanted to do Sea World on Thursday?
3) DD has never been to any type of amusement park... will she actually get on the rides???
4) Will I be able to walk after the second day??

1) Park Hopping means you can go to as many major parks in one day as you'd like. mk in the morning? epcot at night? absolutely. And there is no limit on how many times you enter each park. So you can do MK on mon and tues night and then again on friday.

2) Not consecutive. your days on the military tickets are good until the program expires, sept 30 or whenever they extend it to, if they extend it. So you could use 2 now and then come back in a few weeks and use the other 2.

3) don't think of Disney as an amusement park.:) It's not really. My kids actually hate amusement parks.

4) that's debatable. LOL

Surprisingly, this thread is kind of helpful. If for nothing else, to see that I'm not the only worry wart! :goodvibes

Here are my worries:

1. That someone will get sick. It's happened two out of three trips, so I get real jittery on this one. One trip everyone but me got violently sick (threw up for two solid days, but everyone got it at staggered times, so it through the whole trip but 3 days off.) On our last trip, my youngest woke up the day of running fever. Who runs fever in the middle of June?

2. Weather-we go in summer when rain and hurricanes are notorious for occurring. We went once when a hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm. It rained every.single.day.nonstop. It rained so much that my watch became so water logged it quit working.The other two trips have had rain filled afternoons or an occasional evening, but nothing to feel like a monsoon came along. I can bear with the afternoon shower, but please tropical storms & hurricanes stay away!

3.EMH hours will change and throw times off.

4. DH will enjoy himself. My girls and I are the Disney nuts, so I'd like for him to enjoy himself so we can go back.

5. While planning, I obsess over the just right ADR time (even if it's just a 10 min. difference; I know, as I'm reading that, I know I'm weird or a huge worrier).

6. I made the mistake of upgrading our resort this time--one more worry. Did I make the right choice? Should I have kept the old resort that we really enjoyed, or will we love the new resort even more so? Big worry on this one. ARG!

7. I worry about going to light shows and staying up late with my little one getting grouchy due to lack of sleep. We usually only do one per trip. For our next trip I plan to do two. Will my little one have a melt down?

8. Will the airlines lose my luggage? Will waking up my 4 year old at 4:30 a.m. for what turns into seven hours of flight airport time set us all up for disaster from the get go? I'm hoping the excitement keeps her happy, and that she sleeps on the flight.

So...that's my worries in a nut shell.
Wow, I just realized for such a happy place, WDW does give me a lot of stress ahead of time. ;)

I worry about how I am going to pry my son's white knuckle grip off the last ride we are able to go on before leaving! :)

I worry whether or not everyone else is having a good time so much that I forget to have a good time myself (Can you say people pleaser?):sad2:

With the current climate of 'child' hate on airplanes; I am so worried about getting kicked off the airplane before it takes off with my two year old; that I can't even start worrying about anything else.

Don't know why I am concerned; she is my third child and we have very well behaved children and prepare extensively for traveling. But you never know how a toddler is going to do......

1) Plane crash. I am a terrible flyer and every bump makes me think the plane is going to fall out of the sky.

2) That something will go wrong with our reservations- airline, resort, adr's.

3) That I will forget something important- my id, medicine, etc.

4) That we will get sick. I can handle a cold but I worry about a stomach virus. Our house just passed around a BAD stomach bug so hopefully we're immune to anything like that.

5) That I won't enjoy myself.

Bubble blowing in the lines :duck:

Actually I do obsess about room assignments. You can always put your preferences in, but you never know if you're going to get what you'd like. Right up until the time I get to my room and assess the pro's and con's, I worry about it. :scared:

OK sorry -- I'm going to get way too intense...I worry about global politics and US easy targets. I don't dwell on it and I'm not a crazy, but I do keep up with the news and always have in the back of my head the quick way out.

On a more human level, we are bring family with us this upcoming trip and it is completely unnerving me for some reason. So many different personalities.

Here are my major worries, in no particular order:

-That DH and/or I will get sick
-That we won't enjoy our room/hotel/an expensive meal
-That we won't get to do as much as we'd like (due to crowd changes, EMH changes, etc.)
-That we will forget something important, like a charger or tickets
-That one of us will be hurt before/during our trip
-That someone will steal my credit card number/identity while on vacation
-That some major event will keep us from being able to go, after booking

Those are the ones that stand out, right now. Especially the last one, at the moment. :scared:

I know most of them are unlikely, but that doesn't keep me from worrying.

I too worry about our plane falling out of the sky. I consider flying a necessary evil!

I also worry that someone will get the stomach flu. It passed from person to person on our last trip.

I worry that everyone will have fun since I'm the trip planner of the group.

And now I worry about the cost of flying! It's gone from $250 in 2009 to $400 a person in 2012 and that's with driving 2 and 1/2 hours to get to the airport!

#1 I worry that the weather will be bad and they will cancel our flight.
#2 I worry that the room type I have booked won't be available. That may seem silly, but twice now (both times at the Music) they have oversold the preferred rooms, and have downgraded me at check in.:sad2:
#3 I worry my dogs will become sick when I am gone.
#4 I worry that when the Magical Express comes to pick us up from the resort, there will be no room on the bus, and we will miss the flight home. At least 3 times now I have seen people be left behind at the stop, because there was no room for them. And they were not happy people, let me tell you! Not that I blame them at all, that should never happen.

I think the biggest things I worry about are "what if?!" scenarios. Some examples!

~We get to the airport, and find out that our plane is canceled because of the weather (or whatever). We lose a day at the parks, or can't go at all.

~I catch a cold on the plane going there, and remain sick the whole trip.

~I realize I left some important paper at home, and they won't let us in the hotel/plane/whatever.

Etc. I know it's not LIKELY these things would happen, but it still worries me that they are possible. I think once I actually get there, my brain will forget about all of it instantly. XD But until then...

Wow, I am glad to see that I am in good company. :grouphug: I thought I was crazy with all the worrying, but I can see now that I am not. Yay! After reading all these, I can say too that all of it has happened to us at one time or another, except for the plane crashing and we all hope that will never, never happen. Although these awful things happen, they really don't seem so bad looking back. Like the forgotten charger, we made a LOT of friends and met some really nice people who helped us get a new one. The hurricane gave me an excellent excuse for a "do-over" vacation after hurricane season and the laryngitis I got gave my son a break from listening to me all day jabber on. Plus it was fun writing notes to everyone :disrocks: I worry about all of these things that you all worry about too. My sisters and nieces are going this trip and I am super worried that they won't have a good time. I want them to so bad because I really want them to love Disney as much as I do. I'm trying to plan out the days so that it's not too much for them and not too little for me and my son. The ADR's are tricky too with so many people and tastes. They both just informed me that they don't do rides!! WHAT!! We love rides. :love: So, I'm gonna worry. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter