What are thoughts about December 2019 park hours?

on the official WDW site the dates are only available through Nov 30th. I wouldn't trust any other source for Dec. hours
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2019-11-01/

So it looks like the Mouseforless site is providing their best guess based upon hours for similar days of the week/crowds in months that have already been posted. This helped us a lot on our last December trip, though as @yulilin3 mentioned, you shouldn't trust other sources. Our last trip, we looked at a week in November that was NOT Thanksgiving week and when hours (and EMH days) were finally posted for Early Dec, they did end up being almost the same.

I'm freaking out a bit too because our dining booking window is within the next couple weeks and we won't know the park hours before hand to pick which parks we want to visit on which days. I'm hoping HS has more extended hours in December with SWGE opening, especially since they already extended hours until Early November.

Some planning pages and FB groups are posting hours, but I would wait until Disney posts their schedule and depend on that.
Also, after hours are posted on the Disney website, continue to check because they do change.

Some of those same pages are also posting crowd calendars as well; be leery of the accuracy on those. It is best to know it is going to be crowded this December with the opening of SW:GE and plan to be patient.

I got it! Thanks very much, eeyoreali! Very, very helpful for our planning!
:goodvibes
Edit to add: Regarding the other 'warning' posts, yes I'm very much aware these aren't official hours from Disney and may not be accurate, but as long as Disney World has the ADR window at 180 (+10), and won't put their park hours up far enough in advance to be of logical help, the other sources are GREAT and usually very close, if not exactly the same as the eventually published official hours. It's really a shame that Disney doesn't just put these out just a couple weeks earlier.

Last edited:
But the party dates have been released and there was a thread started about closing at 4:30 on Dec 2. That's our week, so bummed.... Sun, Tues, Thur , Fri are party dates and Tues what is thought to be CM party. We have Wed , which is also the day we are moving from BLT to SSR and Sat.
Per Touring Plans, it looks like MK is closing early December 1-3, and not all of those dates are MVMCP, so I'm not sure what is going on. It's annoying that MK is closing early 3/5 nights of our trip and we're staying at BLT.

Per Touring Plans, it looks like MK is closing early December 1-3, and not all of those dates are MVMCP, so I'm not sure what is going on. It's annoying that MK is closing early 3/5 nights of our trip and we're staying at BLT.

Thats really a known risk for any vacation in late November or December when they really ramp up the nights for the party at MK. We personally love those days as it makes for a much quieter day at MK.

Thats really a known risk for any vacation in late November or December when they really ramp up the nights for the party at MK. We personally love those days as it makes for a much quieter day at MK.
That's a good tip. I'll keep that in mind when planning. This is our first time going down that time of year. We're excited to go to a party and see the decorations, but I was also hoping to have my kids see HEA. Oh well, another trip :)

I got it! Thanks very much, eeyoreali! Very, very helpful for our planning!
:goodvibes
Edit to add: Regarding the other 'warning' posts, yes I'm very much aware these aren't official hours from Disney and may not be accurate, but as long as Disney World has the ADR window at 180 (+10), and won't put their park hours up far enough in advance to be of logical help, the other sources are GREAT and usually very close, if not exactly the same as the eventually published official hours. It's really a shame that Disney doesn't just put these out just a couple weeks earlier.

I agree. It's so frustrating trying to plan things without all the accurate info. We have 6 in our party, so I want to book reservations just so we have a table. Hopefully, I don't have to make changes when Disney releases more info on the parks. We're just going to try and make a plan and see how it works. Thankfully we'll have hoppers so we can move between parks as needed.

We'll be down there from Dec 2-12. We have 9 park days and out of those, there's 4 days MK doesn't have the party. We'll be doing some hopping to get to do what we'd like to do.

We will be going to Evening EMH on Wednesday, December 11th of our December 6th-December 14th trip if available. There are 4 Christmas parties during that week (we will go to one) and the Wednesday is the only time we will be able to see the MK fireworks show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter