What are you booking next week?

We are sitting out 2024 only because we have 3 cruises totaling 30 days this year!!! We are looking at one of the Europe cruises in early September for 2025. Happy to see that the price still looks ā€œreasonableā€. Fingers crossed they stay that way.
I wish I could adopt this philosophy!!!!!!! We did four last year and weā€™ve got another four this year. We did one in Oct 2021 and have one scheduled for Jan 2024. šŸ˜¬

We are booking the 29th for September 24. Looking at 4 nights Wish(CC) or Magic(LP). I love new things(new rooms, new technology, etc.) so the Wish stands out, but its been slammed so many times over and over it makes me nervous. We are a family of 4 with kids 7+9(at time of sailing). Some of the Wish' biggest complaints seem to come from the adults only area and Senses, which are not of much interest to us. We've done the Dream twice, which we love but ready for some new. Will the Magic feel too "old"? And with the Magic we get the new private island so theres that.
I'll just say that I've been on all 5 ships and the Magic is my favorite...

We are sitting out 2024 only because we have 3 cruises totaling 30 days this year!!! We are looking at one of the Europe cruises in early September for 2025. Happy to see that the price still looks ā€œreasonableā€. Fingers crossed they stay that way.
What itinerary are you hoping for in 2025?

I see inside rooms and concierge are already gone on the inaugural cruise, and the rates are up $1k over yesterday. Is that least expensive inventory being booked, or does Disney adjust prices real time?

I havenā€™t gotten confirmation from my TA yet that we have a stateroom. She did pull a room, but there was some issue linking to my account at Disney and Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s just an admin thing they can figure out. Fingers crossed we are on it!

Good luck to everyone!!!
I went back and looked at our 8/12 Magic cruise and the same category we booked this morning is already $200 more than what we booked at.

I wish I could adopt this philosophy!!!!!!! We did four last year and weā€™ve got another four this year. We did one in Oct 2021 and have one scheduled for Jan 2024. šŸ˜¬
Looks like you beat us in starting your addiction by 4 years. We started with the Magic in 2010, and then followed that with about a cruise each year. We are making up for lost time. We also had discounts from our 2 cancelled Wish cruises that we had to use.

We are booking the Norwegian Fjords tomorrow. We're on the fence a little because of the cost and because this is really the only northern Europe option next summer... but on the other hand, we haven't taken a cruise since before the pandemic (our Wish sailing last year was cancelled due to hurricane) and my kid is not getting any younger... she starts HS in the fall.

I've looked at the similar options with other cruise lines but our kid would prefer a Disney ship - and so do DH and I (in part because of kid's food allergies and in part because I'm not sure we'd enjoy sea days without the Disney touches).

In the end, we want to take advantage of the opportunities we have while we can - so we're going to book it!

We are booking the Norwegian Fjords tomorrow. We're on the fence a little because of the cost and because this is really the only northern Europe option next summer... but on the other hand, we haven't taken a cruise since before the pandemic (our Wish sailing last year was cancelled due to hurricane) and my kid is not getting any younger... she starts HS in the fall.

I've looked at the similar options with other cruise lines but our kid would prefer a Disney ship - and so do DH and I (in part because of kid's food allergies and in part because I'm not sure we'd enjoy sea days without the Disney touches).

In the end, we want to take advantage of the opportunities we have while we can - so we're going to book it!
Enjoy it while you can. I prefer DCL. I showed my 18-year-old the itineraries and he was not impressed. We have been wanting to do a Baltic cruise since 2020. It was covid, covid, and then war. The 11-night last year was nice, but we still didn't make it to the Baltics.
We've run out of itineraries on Disney. I really wish they would come out with something new that would motivate me to work extra to pay for it. I may have to get my Disney fix on a short cruise.

Not booking anything for 2024. We have 3 cruises this year: 7 night DCL Alaska, 11 night Celebrity Italy/Turkey/Greece, and 4 night DCL Wish xmas cruise. Plus, our son graduates from high school next year. Not sure if we will be doing DCL again or not.
Do you think an 18-year-old would enjoy a Summer European cruise on celebrity?

Enjoy it while you can. I prefer DCL. I showed my 18-year-old the itineraries and he was not impressed. We have been wanting to do a Baltic cruise since 2020. It was covid, covid, and then war. The 11-night last year was nice, but we still didn't make it to the Baltics.
We've run out of itineraries on Disney. I really wish they would come out with something new that would motivate me to work extra to pay for it. I may have to get my Disney fix on a short cruise.
I'm hoping the addition of the other ships might help to add some other options for DCL... but we are really excited about Norway. I've got all sorts of Norwegian heritage so it's really fun to think about seeing some of it. Plus, we're not really beach/hot weather types so visiting the north is best for us in summer.

I'm hoping the addition of the other ships might help to add some other options for DCL... but we are really excited about Norway. I've got all sorts of Norwegian heritage so it's really fun to think about seeing some of it. Plus, we're not really beach/hot weather types so visiting the north is best for us in summer.
You will love it. We sailed to Norway in 2016 and last year. I still haven't seen the sunshine there. I believe August is the rainy season so bring your rain gear. It didn't rain hard though just a nice light drizzle/rain.

Do you think an 18-year-old would enjoy a Summer European cruise on celebrity?
He will only be 17 and isnā€™t going with us. Itā€™s for our 25th anniversary. He does love cruising, especially sea days. Heā€™s fine with Europe, but itā€™s not his favorite.

He will only be 17 and isnā€™t going with us. Itā€™s for our 25th anniversary. He does love cruising, especially sea days. Heā€™s fine with Europe, but itā€™s not his favorite.
I was asking for my 18-year-old son LOL. In general, do you think an 18-year-old would like Celebrity? I always think of it as more for older adults. Disney and Royal aren't going anywhere near the Baltics next year. I'm looking for alternatives.

I was asking for my 18-year-old son LOL. In general, do you think an 18-year-old would like Celebrity? I always think of it as more for older adults. Disney and Royal aren't going anywhere near the Baltics next year. I'm looking for alternatives.
I think itā€™s definitely geared toward older people. However, I hear that there are a lot of teens and young people on the newer ships in the summer. A lot is probably relative and the opinion of people who donā€™t frequent DCL.

I think itā€™s definitely geared toward older people. However, I hear that there are a lot of teens and young people on the newer ships in the summer. A lot is probably relative and the opinion of people who donā€™t frequent DCL.
Thanks for that. I feel like Royal, DCL, and NCL are best suited for adult teens. We're sailing on Royal in May. The Holy land cruise. I feel like that itinerary will be mostly older people so we'll see how it goes. He really loves to travel and wants to see new places so that may override any boredom on the ship.

In my opinion cruise ships are less boring than hotels. It's the transition from being in the teen club all day to finding other stuff to do and adjusting your expectations. Our Northern European cruise last year was a month before his 18th and he said a lot of the kids seemed really immature. He's stuck between being an adult and a kid.

No word from the TA yet.
Hope yo hear from her soon.
Thanks for asking.
Itā€™s a tough time for TAs. I always go to the app and see if I have a new cruise there. My TA sent me a quick message saying Iā€™m all booked and how much my deposit was. I found out the rest by checking in my account. I havenā€™t gotten a confirmation from dcl yet. Good luck! I know a minute seems like forever when youā€™re waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel youā€™ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter