• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you booking next week?

It’s a tough time for TAs. I always go to the app and see if I have a new cruise there. My TA sent me a quick message saying I’m all booked and how much my deposit was. I found out the rest by checking in my account. I haven’t gotten a confirmation from dcl yet. Good luck! I know a minute seems like forever when you’re waiting.

DCL sent my confirmation to my TA around 12:30PM yesterday if that helps. I was on tenterhooks too. I hope you get your confirmation soon heggy. My TA said it was crazy.

Looks like we are going to be on the Fantasy 10 night southern- in a 4B cabin, which was my second choice. Reservation and cabin show up on the app, although no confirmation yet so I don't know what the damage is 🤣

Narrator: it was about $10k for 3 ppl in a family verandah cabin, after a 20% hurricane cancelation discount and the 10% OBC. Almost $14k before discounts!

Last edited:
It’s a tough time for TAs. I always go to the app and see if I have a new cruise there. My TA sent me a quick message saying I’m all booked and how much my deposit was. I found out the rest by checking in my account. I haven’t gotten a confirmation from dcl yet. Good luck! I know a minute seems like forever when you’re waiting.

DCL sent my confirmation to my TA around 12:30PM yesterday if that helps. I was on tenterhooks too. I hope you get your confirmation soon heggy. My TA said it was crazy.
Got the email around 10:30 this morning.
We are booked!!!
Hats off to my TA. Got what we wanted.
9th deck, away from elevators, and the larger cabin.
Never booked a cruise this far in advance.
Just 484 days to go!!!
Take care!!

So, we are booked on a B2B (I'm excited).
5 nights with the Fam (12 of us) on the Magic at the end of July to go to Lighthouse Point
staying on for 5 nights after that with just DS. So that will give us 10 nights for cruises 9/10. :sail:
Your first cruise sounds like the one I’m hoping for, 5 nights on Magic at the end of July. I’ve never been on a cruise, so I have to try to book with the “regular people” on Thursday. I’ve got a TA who will be doing this for me. I don’t have a clue how this works so I hope we get on that cruise!

Your first cruise sounds like the one I’m hoping for, 5 nights on Magic at the end of July. I’ve never been on a cruise, so I have to try to book with the “regular people” on Thursday. I’ve got a TA who will be doing this for me. I don’t have a clue how this works so I hope we get on that cruise!
It seemed pretty open. Since there are multiple iterations of that itinerary throughout the summer, I don’t think you should have an issue.

TAs are great in my opinion. And if you have any questions, feel free to ping me. When we get closer, I’ll set up a conversation thread on the cruise meats page.

I’m planning to book 5-night spain which is something within my budget. My first choice would have been 7-night Iceland/Norway but it’s just so expensive… I’m still torn wether or not I should book it and I’ll get to book today… 😣 I’m a stay at home mum and I don’t work so my husband is paying for it and he said I can choose whichever I want, but i really don’t want him to take the hit on the finances later on.

We booked the 10 night Southern yesterday, I’m pretty excited. We were looking to do something for my husband’s 40th and this one seems pretty amazing. We booked connecting 5As, splurging so we can separate from our kids.
We’re on that one too. There’s already a group out there to join.

We booked the 7 day Western Caribbean in late June 2024 on the Fantasy. We've only ever been on the Wonder (twice) and multiple Princess Cruises. I booked through the chat while I was on hold on the phone since the website wasn't working for me. Yay, so excited to go back East for a cruise again!

I'm already booked for the Fantasy 7-night Eastern Caribbean 1-bedroom concierge in April 2024. I just went online and looked at the Fantasy 10-night Southern for 3 people. 27K for a concierge family verandah. 44K for a 1-bedroom concierge. 14K for a deluxe family verandah. For me the concierge is outrageous (even by DCL standards), and the family verandah is better but still crazy (again for me).

I just did a 10-night all-inclusive cruise with Regent on a similar itinerary in a 1 bedroom suite. Everything from the hotel, airfare, butler, laundry, excursions, unbelievable food including filet mignon, sea bass, lobster, caviar, wines, spirits, and beverages were all included. All of this was at 20K. It's not Disney and it's a completely different experience, but it did blow me away. I have another 10-night Regent Seven Seas cruise in February 2025 and it's at 17K for a 1-bedroom suite all-inclusive.

I'm a big Disney fan, and I can be a bit frugal, but I'd call myself a big spender and splurge for my vacations. But I'm going to sit this one out and keep my current DCL reservation and book my next cruise with Disney and see Lighthouse Point in the fall of 2024 when Disney releases their itineraries.

For those going, I'm in no way discrediting or questioning you. I really am not. I hope you all get the cabins you want, have smooth sailing, fair skies, warm weather, tons of fun, and a whole lot of pixie dust fall your way.

I'm already booked for the Fantasy 7-night Eastern Caribbean 1-bedroom concierge in April 2024. I just went online and looked at the Fantasy 10-night Southern for 3 people. 27K for a concierge family verandah. 44K for a 1-bedroom concierge. 14K for a deluxe family verandah. For me the concierge is outrageous (even by DCL standards), and the family verandah is better but still crazy (again for me).

I just did a 10-night all-inclusive cruise with Regent on a similar itinerary in a 1 bedroom suite. Everything from the hotel, airfare, butler, laundry, excursions, unbelievable food including filet mignon, sea bass, lobster, caviar, wines, spirits, and beverages were all included. All of this was at 20K. It's not Disney and it's a completely different experience, but it did blow me away. I have another 10-night Regent Seven Seas cruise in February 2025 and it's at 17K for a 1-bedroom suite all-inclusive.

I'm a big Disney fan, and I can be a bit frugal, but I'd call myself a big spender and splurge for my vacations. But I'm going to sit this one out and keep my current DCL reservation and book my next cruise with Disney and see Lighthouse Point in the fall of 2024 when Disney releases their itineraries.

For those going, I'm in no way discrediting or questioning you. I really am not. I hope you all get the cabins you want, have smooth sailing, fair skies, warm weather, tons of fun, and a whole lot of pixie dust fall your way.
I hardly think you are frugal.

I think for a lot of the folks sailing these inaugural cruises, they are essentially like collectors items. A limited edition baseball card or stamp or pair of sneakers might look and feel a lot like any other other baseball card or stamp or pair of sneakers but people pay astronomically more for the limited edition ones to augment their collection. So I think what is missing when you try to compare inaugural prices to other cruises (whether on other cruise lines or even other DCL cruises) is that extra factor of being able to say “I was on the maiden/inaugural.” Not my cup of tea but neither are postage stamps.

You also have to factor all the vloggers who write it off as a business expense.

We are booking a 7-Day Alaska cruise in late May 2024. As Silver CC, our booking window is today. I still haven't heard from our TA. I understand that this is a busy time for TAs, but I would still like to know that we got the SR Class/location that we wanted. Just anxious for any news, I guess.

July 25-29...availability in all categories.

Booked for the 7/29 5 night on the Magic. Just waiting for Disney to send my TA the confirmation email. I have the pending deposit charge on my credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter