• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you doing differnt to save gas money

RvUsa

<font color=blue>John, the special Dis'r formerly
I just wanted to find out if anyone is doing stuff different to save on gas.

We leave the diesel guzzeling dually at home and drive the wifes fusion when we can....

I just don't go anywhere. If I have to go out I think, is there anywhere else I need to go that is on that route.

On a good note though, my Dsis and Dbil bought a motor home. We are carpooling to the Fort in October to split the gas and the campsite fees. My parents and DB and family are going to do the same thing. We will still get there, it just won't cost us each as much as driving our own vehicles.

I ride my scooter to work every day. I burn about a gallon of gas a month. I also try to use my scooter for errands around town. I have a little carrier on the back I can put some stuff in.
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Try to take less trips to shop. The mall and most bigger shopping is about an hour away for us. My Tahoe burns a lot more gas. ;)

I am planning my errands more carefully trying to combine trips when I can. It's easier in the summer because the kids don't have as many planned activities. We've also rearranged a couple of camping weekends closer to home so it will cost less in gas money.

I really want a scooter... but my wife won't let me. Besides, I am a really BIG guy, if I rode a scooter it might look like I sat on some kids toy and had it stuck in my behind...:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That is funny! I am short so I don't have a problem. My husband is tall and he would look funny on my scooter. He had one for a while but his was bigger. He really needs his truck for work so we sold his.

I parked my diesel gulping truck and the wifey and I ride together to work. We work ~2 miles apart so I guess we should have done that a long time ago.:guilty: We use to ride our dirtbikes almost every weekend but the track we ride is 85 miles away 1 way. That would be 50 bucks just in fuel so we just go every now and then.:sad1:

I agree with you guys, we don't run to the store for this and that every other day, we save up and make store trips worth while, we live in the boonies, so it is at least a 18 mile round trip.... doesn't sound like much, but in the f-350 that is 2 plus gallons and a $10 bill... YIKES!!

I try to schedule my jobs where I do at least 2 at a time so as to cut down on fuel. I have a scooter that I cruise to Publix or to get coffee instead of firing up the diesel.

I try to schedule my jobs where I do at least 2 at a time so as to cut down on fuel. I have a scooter that I cruise to Publix or to get coffee instead of firing up the diesel.

I told Pete that I want a Pink Scooter for my Birthday.....

The F150 stays in the driveway unless I have to pick up some lumber or something big at Lowes. I've only put 2400 miles on it since Jan 4th. My scooter is the weekend workhorse now. I use it to run all my errands - bank, post office, mall. My wife works for me so we ride to the office together in her VW Beetle.

I love my scooter!! :lovestruc

I think we're actually going to ride the scooter up to WDW for Labor Day weekend!! We have our Owner's Locker up there already with lots of stuff in it, so all we'll have to pack in the scooter trunk and my backpack is clothes!

We'll see....

I love my scooter!! :lovestruc

I think we're actually going to ride the scooter up to WDW for Labor Day weekend!! We have our Owner's Locker up there already with lots of stuff in it, so all we'll have to pack in the scooter trunk and my backpack is clothes!

We'll see....

Now that would be cool.

Parked my F150 and bought a used car for cash to use for most of my driving. We live 20 miles outside of "town" so I definately try to stop on my way home at the grocery store or to do errands. Don't just go get ice cream cuz we feel like it, I try to buy popsicles and stuff to keep in the freezer. I just try to plan ahead for things we need rather then doing stuff on a whim.

nothing. When you gotta go, you gotta go.:laughing:

My DH is driving his motorcycle more than his truck now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter