• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you doing on the 4th

Our little community has their “Community Day” the Saturday before the fourth. Today they had breakfast at the Fire Department, a 5 K, parade with fire trucks and four wheelers and tractors and horses and old cars and whatever. Then lunch with ice cream and music at the fire department. It’s mostly a fund raiser for the fire department but is a lot of fun. We visit with friends that we sometimes only see in that day. I love our community!

I’ll probably do what I’m doing now...enjoying a nice cigar and a good glass (or three) of wine.

My wife is out of town. She has some excuse...our daughter had a baby! I had to stay at home so I’m a bachelor all week!

Right now, the plan is DL with fireworks and F! If DH gets called to work at the last minute, then we'll watch "Gettysburg" at home while feasting on something festive.

It’ll be a regular Work day
No plans but we usually drive out to the back of my parents property that overlooks the bay, from their we can watch the fireworks. We poor ourselves a couple drinks and enjoy the show.

Heading to the White Mountains in NH. Will be totally different because we are usually at the beach for July 4. We will sleep in then probably take a hike and end enjoy the gorgeous mountains views.

We arrive in Italy the morning of the 4th and will make our way from Rome across to Puglia where we start the first part of our beach vacation. Can't wait! Need to get my butt in gear with the packing, getting the house ready and working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

Question: Do you get a long-weekend out of this somehow or just Thursday off? Canada Day is tomorrow and it's great when it works out like that (a Monday or a Friday). If not we just have a random, mid-week civic holiday.

Question: Do you get a long-weekend out of this somehow or just Thursday off? Canada Day is tomorrow and it's great when it works out like that (a Monday or a Friday). If not we just have a random, mid-week civic holiday.
Most company's are closed this Thursday so that gives people a day off of work. Others have to use vacation time or just work that day. Most people opt to take friday off also and have a 4 day weekend

It's been a few years. The old man was still able to jump over a chain link fence and stomp out the sparks back then. My brother made the remark about stores selling fireworks to idiots, lol.
Glad the neighbor wasn't home.
that sounds fun

I'm on-call for work, so I'll be hanging around the house. If no calls interrupt, we're planning to grill out and watch the local fireworks from our backyard.

Helping our town put on a celebration. DD17 works for the Chamber of Commerce and is in on raising funds for a new park as well. I let her sign DD20 and me up to help set up activities from 8-10 am. In the afternoon we need to get a lemonade stand set up and help set up for the lake area activities. I'll probably help her run the lemonade stand, stay for the fireworks and help clean up.

We have a busy day planned, but nothing real exciting! I have to take my mom to the airport mid-morning, and hurry home to get my daughter dropped off at the parade start spot as she is in the marching band. My boys and I will watch the parade with my brother and his family. My husband is a volunteer firefighter in our town, and the 4th is a big deal to our fire department, so he will also be in the parade, then he will spend the rest of his day helping to get the final touches prepared for the night's fireworks display. After the parade, I'll take my daughter home, and the boys and I will put in a 3-hour shift for a fundraiser for their 8th grade trip next spring. After that we have nothing until the fireworks. Because my husband is one of the firefighters, we have our own VIP section to watch from, and we always have a really good dinner potluck set up. So, the kids and I will eat dinner there, socialize until it's dark, then enjoy front row seating for the show. The 4th is a really big deal for our town. We normally have a population of about 7,ooo. On the 4th, especially as the day progresses, that number swells to upwards of 25,000. Our fireworks display is known around the state, and region, as one of the best. Yes, I'm proud since this is my hometown, but also because my husband is part of it all! :cool1:

All of my "kids" have to work on Friday and live out of the area, and my husband and I decided to stay home this year. I have a 4 on the 4th run at 8:00 am. We bought some ground beef and a hot dog to grill. I'll make some sides and a dessert, but I haven't decided what yet. Neither of us are big on crowds or chaos in parking lots, so we don't plan to go out to see fireworks. It will be quiet and boring (perfect for us because we're quiet and boring).

We are having a big party at our house on the 2nd, with about 20 people, and then all going over together to see Spider-Man: Far from Home.

Thursday it is supposed to rain. If it's not raining, we will go to city hall to watch fireworks. Otherwise, we are watching Stranger Things season 3.

We’ll be in Bar Harbor. We have a whale watching tour reserved for that day and will hang around in town afterwards until the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter