What are you going to miss seeing or riding or doing for your WDW annual December 2020 pre COVID?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
What are you going to miss seeing or riding or doing for your WDW annual December 2020 trip pre COVID?

I have a very long list having gone to WDW every December for over a decade to enjoy all of the Holiday lights, decorations, shows, and events.

As a 70yo solo wheelchair user, I can't do what I used to do when my body was younger. (I'm still a kid at heart.}

And I've made up my mind that I'm still going to go for a trip this year and I plan on enjoying what is available for me to see and ride and do for my two-week+ stay.

So even if the list is long, I'm going to turn lemons into lemonade dole whips and mickey bars and popcorn.

What I will miss this year (What can I do...it is what it is):

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
Extra Magic Hours
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
Happily Ever After
Once Upon A Time
Liberty Square Riverboat
Walt Disney World Railroad
Monsters Inc laugh floor
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
Fantasmic!
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Candlelight Processional
Epcot Forever
British Revolution
Rivers of Light
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Grand Floridian Society Orchestra
No more late-night theme park hours to enjoy all the Christmas lights until midnight
Possible no water taxis
Buses, monorails, restaurants closing earlier because parks closing early.

I need to do some more to research planning before my 60-day dining reservation date opens next week.

What I will plan to do this year (What can I do...it is what it is):

Country Bear Jamboree
The Hall of Presidents
Jungle Cruise
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
Once Upon A Time
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan's Flight

Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Living with the Land
Frozen Ever After
Soarin' Around the World
The American Adventure
Coral Reefs - Disney Animals
Impressions de France
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
O Canada!
Reflections of China
Voices of Liberty
Spaceship Earth

Toy Story Mania!
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Muppet*Vision 3D-BACK ROW
Walt Disney Presents
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Conservation Station
Discovery Island Trails
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
UP! A Great Bird Adventure - Now Showing
Tree of Life Awakenings
Wildlife Express Train

I'm hoping the Park December hours will improve by December like a few of Weekend hours below.

October 2-4
  • Magic Kingdom: 9:00am until 7:00pm
  • EPCOT 11:00am until 9:00pm
  • Disney’s Hollywodood Studios: 10:00am until 8:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00am until 6:00pm
October 9-12 (Columbus Day weekend)
  • Magic Kingdom: 9:00am until 8:00pm
  • Disney’s Hollywodood Studios: 10:00am until 7:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00am until 6:00p
Park hours through December 12th
  • EPCOT: 12:00pm until 8:00pm
  • Disney’sHollywood Studios: 10:00am until 7:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9:00am until 5:00pm

Last edited:
They just announced Tom Sawyer Island Closure thru holidays
No Trains No PeopleMover No LibertyBelle No boats except for Ferry Boat and No Trams in parking lots No monorail to Epcot and pray for good weather if you use SkyLiner to & from . No return of MinnieVan.
Plus they are changing bus transport around property so much,
And they are increasing Capacity.
Enjoy your holidays

No Trains No PeopleMover No LibertyBelle No boats except for Ferry Boat and No Trams in parking lots No monorail to Epcot and pray for good weather if you use SkyLiner to & from . No return of MinnieVan.
Enjoy your holidays

But it’s a vacation! One where you can be reasonably certain they’re taking safety precautions seriously!

As for me, I’ll miss:
DreamLights
Animal Kingdom Lodge being fully open - I always like to stop in The Mara and reminisce on my College Program days.
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - though I wouldn’t be comfortable with it in the current times, but eagerly awaiting its return when things are more normal.
Happily Ever After - I wouldn’t have cared about the lack of Wishes but I’m obsessed with Happily Ever After!
Character meets - particularly Chewbacca.

There’s probably more things but honestly I’m going to go into this with an open mind and at the very least there will be palm trees and a change of scenery after 9 rotten months.

You are braver than me. I would be crying not seeing the ice castle or all the Christmas shows and parades and fireworks. And no ginger bread homes is just too much.

For us, it was a November trip, but most missing character breakfasts. My 1 year old has developed an obsession with Goofy since our last trip, and I look forward to when she can give him a hug (hopefully when we go for her 3rd birthday fall 2021). Will miss the Epcot monorail, too. My kids love monorail rides on non-park days.

I'm still up in the air as to whether we will go in December but if we do I'll miss:

Going to all the resorts just to see the decorations. Since you have to either be staying at a resort or have a food reservation that will be out of the question this year.

Be able to park hop to see all the decorations at the parks at night. Sometimes we just like to walk over to HS to see it all lit up even after we have spent the day at another park. For that matter, the lack of being able to park hop might be the reason we don't go. We have never spent an entire day at just one park in over 39 years of going to WDW.

Having to decide which park we want to go to in advance might also prevent us from going, we are seat of pants WDW goers and I'm not sure we want to have to plan that far in advance. Heck, I usually don't even book a resort until 30 days out and don't buy tickets until about a week out since we don't book FPs in advance or make ADRs in advance.

We're going too :goodvibes

Just a little concerned about covid testing and being allowed back in CT Hopefully the rapid test will be available. Also my daughter is a spec ed teacher, so we're concerned about that too. All in all we are planning on enjoying what is available and being in Disney alone will be a welcome relief.
🌷 Im sure we'll still find the magic:love:. We've been so many times during the holidays that we're ok with whatever. Just sad about the Fireworks especially on DEc 30 in MK and Epcots on the 31st those will be greatly missed.
so we are hoping we'll be able to get back down for the Holidayspixiedust:
Enjoy your time in Disney! Have a great time!
Liz

We also do not plan on going this December, after bringing the family the last 2 years.

Just wont be the same and would rather myself and my kids remember how it was, not what it is now.

Hopefully, with the news of Florida opening up fully things will start to turn back to normal sooner rather than later. Wonder if this news today might impact what November/December look like at Disney? Probably a reach to think a lot of the things it is missing could be back in place in a few months time.

Enjoy your holidays

I just saw that. Even though Tom Sawyer Island is not a wheelchair accessible area, I often thought of just going over to visit that shaded quick service dining area to relax and enjoy the view across the lake.

I'll miss all those things.

It would have been nice to use an ADA Minnie Van to get back to my resort if the bus stopped since parks are closing early. It has been almost impossible to get a local ADA taxi at WDW.

I'm preparing for the possible late-night transportation issues although I dislike getting back to my resort by transferring at DS because I am so tired and aching by the end of the day. But that's okay. I'm hoping for the best.

That's my plan...to go in a grateful and joyful heart.

Thank you.

But it’s a vacation! One where you can be reasonably certain they’re taking safety precautions seriously!

As for me, I’ll miss:
DreamLights
Animal Kingdom Lodge being fully open - I always like to stop in The Mara and reminisce on my College Program days.
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - though I wouldn’t be comfortable with it in the current times, but eagerly awaiting its return when things are more normal.
Happily Ever After - I wouldn’t have cared about the lack of Wishes but I’m obsessed with Happily Ever After!
Character meets - particularly Chewbacca.

There’s probably more things but honestly I’m going to go into this with an open mind and at the very least there will be palm trees and a change of scenery after 9 rotten months.

I agree. Me, too.

You are braver than me. I would be crying not seeing the ice castle or all the Christmas shows and parades and fireworks. And no ginger bread homes is just too much.

Oh, there will be tears flowing all over the place.

I'll sit in front of the MK castle until closing or until I make sure I don't miss my last bus.

For us, it was a November trip, but most missing character breakfasts. My 1 year old has developed an obsession with Goofy since our last trip, and I look forward to when she can give him a hug (hopefully when we go for her 3rd birthday fall 2021). Will miss the Epcot monorail, too. My kids love monorail rides on non-park days.

Now that brings tears to my eyes.

I'm going to miss seeing people's faces. I hate these damn masks and I'll be glad when we don't have to wear them anymore.

I agree. I love people watching seeing their smiles, their joy, their surprise, their in awe facial expressions.

I'm still up in the air as to whether we will go in December but if we do I'll miss:

Going to all the resorts just to see the decorations. Since you have to either be staying at a resort or have a food reservation that will be out of the question this year.

Be able to park hop to see all the decorations at the parks at night. Sometimes we just like to walk over to HS to see it all lit up even after we have spent the day at another park. For that matter, the lack of being able to park hop might be the reason we don't go. We have never spent an entire day at just one park in over 39 years of going to WDW.

Having to decide which park we want to go to in advance might also prevent us from going, we are seat of pants WDW goers and I'm not sure we want to have to plan that far in advance. Heck, I usually don't even book a resort until 30 days out and don't buy tickets until about a week out since we don't book FPs in advance or make ADRs in advance.

I still hope to see the resort decorations by bus, monorail, or Skyliner.

I have to plan December resort reservations every year to get one the few ADA roll-in shower rooms the past several years.

But I know what you mean. I agree.

We're going too :goodvibes

Just a little concerned about covid testing and being allowed back in CT Hopefully the rapid test will be available. Also my daughter is a spec ed teacher, so we're concerned about that too. All in all we are planning on enjoying what is available and being in Disney alone will be a welcome relief.
🌷 Im sure we'll still find the magic:love:. We've been so many times during the holidays that we're ok with whatever. Just sad about the Fireworks especially on DEc 30 in MK and Epcots on the 31st those will be greatly missed.
so we are hoping we'll be able to get back down for the Holidayspixiedust:
Enjoy your time in Disney! Have a great time!
Liz

Oh, me too. I agree. And thank you.

Tony's Most Merriest on party nights was fantastic, really going to miss that.

I wish I had tried.

Sadly, I'm going to miss my December trip. I scrapped it after MVMCP officially canceled. :sad1:

I'm sorry.

We also do not plan on going this December, after bringing the family the last 2 years.

Just wont be the same and would rather myself and my kids remember how it was, not what it is now.

Hopefully, with the news of Florida opening up fully things will start to turn back to normal sooner rather than later. Wonder if this news today might impact what November/December look like at Disney? Probably a reach to think a lot of the things it is missing could be back in place in a few months time.

I can understand. And I hope so.

I just recently decided not to cancel. I'm a 70yo and I don't want to regret it if I will never be able to go next December 2021...or possibly ever again.

We canceled our July and October trips, but I’m thinking we will take a trip now between Xmas and Jan 4. My new job shuts down for a couple weeks after Christmas, so it won’t cut into PTO. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, mask rules will be relaxed.

I'm hoping the Park December hours will improve by December like a few Weekend hours below.

October 2-4
  • Disney’s Hollywodood Studios: 10:00am until 8:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00am until 6:00pm
October 9-12 (Columbus Day weekend)
  • Magic Kingdom: 9:00am until 8:00pm
  • Disney’s Hollywodood Studios: 10:00am until 7:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00am until 6:00p
Park hours through December 12th
  • EPCOT: 12:00pm until 8:00pm
  • Disney’sHollywood Studios: 10:00am until 7:00pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9:00am until 5:00pm

Last edited:
We canceled our July and October trips, but I’m thinking we will take a trip now between Xmas and Jan 4. My new job shuts down for a couple weeks after Christmas, so it won’t cut into PTO. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, mask rules will be relaxed.

I'm sorry. I hope you can go in December, too.

We cancelled our Nov trip, because of so many reasons you stated. We don't go as many rides, so the fireworks, lights and shows were so important to us.

Do you go two weeks every year? I'm trying to convince my DH to do two weeks in April.

We cancelled our Nov trip, because of so many reasons you stated. We don't go as many rides, so the fireworks, lights and shows were so important to us.

Do you go two weeks every year? I'm trying to convince my DH to do two weeks in April.

Oh, I'm sorry. I feel the same way.

Yes, at least two weeks in December every year.

But the prices and crowds sure have increased.

I love the accessibility throughout WDW and everything Christmas.

The Minnie Vans might be resurrected. Today a castmember mentioned them because her husband was a MVGuide/Driver. Apparently she believes her husband will be called back and they are storing the Vans near Epcot. Will try to find them next week. ( Have to avoid traffic on weekends.). But I hope they are still on property.

The Minnie Vans might be resurrected. Today a castmember mentioned them because her husband was a MVGuide/Driver. Apparently she believes her husband will be called back and they are storing the Vans near Epcot. Will try to find them next week. ( Have to avoid traffic on weekends.). But I hope they are still on property.

That would be nice.

@bioreconstruct
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
An aerial photo from Saturday. Seems like Minnie Van staging in the farthest EPCOT parking section. Along with parking trams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter