• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games today...

Was anyone else really disappointed in the ending? I really hated how it ended...it was so disappointing. I liked the series, but I have to say this was my least favorite of the 3 and I just really hated how it ended...

Was anyone else really disappointed in the ending? I really hated how it ended...it was so disappointing. I liked the series, but I have to say this was my least favorite of the 3 and I just really hated how it ended...

I'd have to be in the same boat as you! The 3rd book was my least favorite and the 1st was my favorite. It just didn't really seem to have the enticing substance as the first two did for me. It was almost dull. But I just couldn't stop till I was done, hoping it would get more exciting.

I'm re-discovering some favorite old authors who are now available on the Kindle and the Nook (yes, I have one of each courtesy of a big brother for Christmas after I went out and bought the other for myself).

Right now, I'm happily reading through the books by mid-20th Century Nevil Shute that I've not read before. I had forgotten just how poignant his style is and the masterful, understated way he writes his characters.

Yes! While I loved the series, in general, I felt that the complete ending was a bit rushed. Like she ran out of time, or something.

Another one here who was not a fan of the 3rd book. I saw the movie on Friday (and loved it, by the way) so have decided to reread the series. Just finished the first one again today so moving on to Catching Fire.

Not sure what to read next, I have loads of books on my Kindle waiting to read but can't seem to decide on any of them.

I finished "The Big Year" by Mark Obmasick today. I really, really enjoyed it! I wasn't expecting to, but it's written very well. I never thought a book about bird watching would catch my attention, but this did! Highly recommend this book!!!

Now, it's on to "Salem Falls" by Jodi Picoult. I usually like her stuff, but I think I can see where this one is heading, and I'm kind of apprehensive about it. I'll finish it, but so far, it's not one of my favorites of hers.

On my Nook, I'm reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to my son! I was so excited to be able to purchase it yesterday! You'd have thought Christmas came early to my house.

I just finished Sophie's Choice for my Southern lit class, and I was frankly disappointed. The narration jumped back and forth between the narrator's sexual frustration and Sophie's horribly sad stories from Auschwitz, which honestly just seemed incredibly inappropriate to me. The good news is that now I'll have more time to read for fun over the rest of the semester, so I get to read Middlemarch next! :)

Since beginning of the year I read
Cutting for Stone: struggled with it, but glad I stuck with it and finished it
Home Front: Love me some Kristin Hannah
Three Girls and a Baby: free Kindle book, it was an easy cute read
Angel Falls: another Kristing Hannah
Kissed in Paris and Sleepin with Paris: both free on Kindle LOVED them
Lone Wolf: Jodi PIcoult, I usually LOVE her books, this one was OK for me
Room: A Novel: Good book but sad
and
ALL 3 Fifty Shades in a week, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the series

Reading
Sarahs Key: kinda slow in my opinion
Mockingjay I Loved book 1, Book 2 was good, but this one is just not doing it for me!

I'm reading "The Telling" the last of the Seasons of Grace series by Beverly Lewis.

Has anyone read "Unorthodox" by Deborah Feldman?

I told my mom I was going to buy an e-reader soon and she was like "OH I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!"...which confused me because I NEVER see her reading...lo and behold my pack-rat impulsive shopper mother runs in the other room and pulls a Pandigital E-Reader out of her drawer and gives it to me. It's pretty much a Kindle/Nook Knockoff, but it works and I can use the B&N bookstore on it. It's kinda slow too but I'll take it if it's free lol. This will hold me over until I decide I want to buy one that's a tablet, too.

I downloaded the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy because everyone here is gushing about it. Those will be the first books I read on it.

Right now I have a couple of regular books to get to first, and I am currently reading The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice...well, I don't think I can ever look at Princess Aurora the same way ever again. Just saying.

I told my mom I was going to buy an e-reader soon and she was like "OH I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!"...which confused me because I NEVER see her reading...lo and behold my pack-rat impulsive shopper mother runs in the other room and pulls a Pandigital E-Reader out of her drawer and gives it to me. It's pretty much a Kindle/Nook Knockoff, but it works and I can use the B&N bookstore on it. It's kinda slow too but I'll take it if it's free lol. This will hold me over until I decide I want to buy one that's a tablet, too.

That's what I have!!

I am honestly not too fond of it, but the price was right for a big 9 inch color screen, e-reader capabilities, and (only mildly functional) internet.

I like how I can use the Barnes and Noble website on my home computer, purchase books there, and then just go back to my tablet and "update" and the books show up on it. MUCH easier than trying to navigate the B&N website ON the tablet. I can also keep "wishlists" on the B&N website and, when I have finished a book, go back and "archive" it - it is stored for me until I want to un-archive it, and it no longer clutters up my e-reader.

I got a Kindle Keyboard for Christmas, and it was the best gift ever! Anything in public domain is free, and everything else is much cheaper as a digital book than it would be as a hard copy. I would recommend it for any avid reader as a supplement to your library.

I got Lord of the Flies today for my DS. I just may reread that. I loved it when I was in HS and now he's reading it in HS. He rolled his eyes when I told him how good it is.

I finished "Salem Falls" today. It was disturbing, and a bit predictable.

Next up is "The Land of Mango Sunsets." It was recommended here, so I'm hoping for good things!

Just finished Yellow Crocus..very good. I was hoping for something along the lines of The Kitchen House. It was similar but not as good as Kitchen House

Also finished Mill River Recluse..another good read. Not spellbinding or anything but enjoyable

Right now, also sparked by others on this thread, I started 50 Shades of Grey. Wow. Very odd book so far. Very kinky:rotfl: It's like a trainwreck that you just can't help looking at:rotfl:

Just finished Trail of the Spellmans. It took me a while to get into it, but once it got going I thought it was just as good as the others in the series. I think I'm going to try to start the Hunger Games again for the 100th time.

I just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy. I agree with others, the 3rd book was not my favorite, but at least I was not totally disappointed in the ending like I was with the last Inheritance book....

I am now starting Fifty Shades of Grey...should be fun..:laughing:

Someone mentioned the Ann Rice book about Snow White....yeah...that was another.........interesting book...:rolleyes1

What The Night Knows by Dean Koontz. I decided to stop reading it last night and put it in my "going to the second hand book" store bag. This morning I decided to pick it back up and give it one more try.

Just finished A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand. I'm not sure what to think of this book as to whether I liked it or not. :confused3

I mean, I liked the writing, I liked some of the characters but really didn't like all of them. I wasn't crazy about what the characters stood for & the things they did but I found myself really wanting to continue reading it & not put it down. Strange.

Even stranger is that I would probably recommend that others read it to see what they think of it & discussing it. I almost would like there to be a sequel to continue with the characters & see how their lives continued with the choices they made.

Anyway, going to start a booked called The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson on the recommendation from a friend.

I'm reading the new Kingdom Keepers book (Shell Game, Book V) by Ridley Pearson.

Before I started my current book, I finished reading Fairest Of All:A Tale Of The Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino. If you are interested to know why the Evil Queen is the way she is (and who the Face in the mirror belongs to), this book is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter