What are your Disney "Sleepers"

For my family it was Spaceship Earth. My kids were 2 and 5 and they absolutely adored it. We had to do it again on our second EP day so they could show it off to their grandparents. I liked it well enough but they were just enchanted.

There were other things that we loved like Flights of Wonder, but I'd heard good things so wasn't surprised. SE was unexpected.

I'll nominate Carousel of Progress also. Yeah, it's kinda boring compared to other rides, but I'm a moderate fan of post industrial revolution history, and I find the ride to be quaint in a "classic Disney" kind of way. Makes for a nice mid-day break.

So does PeopleMover...when it's not broken.

For me, it would be the PeopleMover. A nice relaxing ride with a nice little breeze. Great bird's eye views of Tomorrowland, especially at night. Riding by the Progress City model. Riding through Space Mountain. I love this ride. I feel like most people don't get it or enjoy it only for a chance to take a nap. While I do like to use it for a brief resting of my feet, it's so much more than a place to nap.
I also think the Tiki Room is underappreciated by most of today's visitors. I love the Tiki Room (now that the Iago debacle is a distant memory) and must visit it at least once per trip.

I love this thread!

For me, at MK it's gonna be Carousel of Progress, the PeopleMover, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Philharmagic. There's something about the relaxing little break in the day where you just sit back and enjoy the shtick of it all, you know?

At Epcot, I love Living with the Land just like most folks. I love that the crops are all at different stages each time I've been. I also love the Gran Fiesta Tour. It's just a happy little boat ride!

Glad to hear people mention Flights of Wonder at AK! I just saw that for the first time in December, and it was awesome!

for me its living with the land. i find it so cool/interesting and even my 7yo enjoys it.. and there is rarely ever a line!

MK: WDWRR
EP: LWTL
HS: One Man's Dream (even the chopped-down version being offered now)
AK: Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

The People Mover is a Must Do for us and we used to ride the Horse Trolley up Main St at RD but don't know how we'll do that with the new opening.

Bill From PA

Philharmagic. We didn't have any plans to see it, but we had a lot of time with nothing planned, it was hot, so DD and I went it while DH wandered somewhere. It really made me smile, and to see DD, and a little girl sitting on the other side of me reacting to some of those effects made me so happy. It was sweet and adorable and funny. Now I wouldn't miss it.

Living with the Land. DH rolled his eyes and said, "Really?" but it was my first trip to Epcot - on my previous trip (and DH's too, but we didn't know each other then) Epcot was still under construction, and I remember seeing Living with the Land on a TV special about it, and it became little 10 year old me's bucket list item. 30 something years later I finally got to see it and I loved it so much. PS: DH loved it too.

Definitely PhilharMagic, my dad and I went to go watch it multiple times our last trip! Never any line, very long show, and uses a bunch of disney movies and awesome effects! My other one is Winnie the Pooh, now I know most people don't like it because it replaced Mr.Toad's Wild Ride but the new Winnie the Pooh ride is amazing! They have so much more interactive and cool effects then most of the other rides, like the ride moving up and down when jumping with tigger, and my favorite is the rain that they have near the end of the ride, it looks sooooo extremely realistic! They need more recognition ):

I'll nominate Carousel of Progress also. Yeah, it's kinda boring compared to other rides, but I'm a moderate fan of post industrial revolution history, and I find the ride to be quaint in a "classic Disney" kind of way. Makes for a nice mid-day break.

So does PeopleMover...when it's not broken.
THIS RIDE IS SO GREAT! It needs a lot more recognition, it is very educational for younger kids and a good ride to take a break in or to get out of the heat/rain! I still love all the effects they have like the rotating rooms on each side, very classic Disney.

Another hidden gem that I never bothered with in HS, until this year:) My grown daughter always sees The Little mermaid in HS. I never knew it was there, or passed it by as a "kids" show. WOW! It is more like a broadway production with a wonderful singer as the little mermaid. It is an odd mix of animation and real stage. It's now a can't miss:)

Another vote for the People Mover - a great place to rest and take in the sites of Tomorrow Land

So many!

The Swolphin
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Its a Small World
The wine tasting in the back of the German pavillion
Eating/drinking/strolling in worldshow when it opens and no one is there. It smells so fresh and clean and is so relaxing.

People Mover
Pangani Forest Trail
Shark Reef (Until recently Closed)
BB Wave Pool
Cape May
Boma
SAB
WS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter