What are your Disney "Sleepers"

Okay here goes...

MK: People Mover, Philharmagic
EP: Living With The Land
HS: Stuff that isn't there anymore and One Man's Dream (if it is still there)
AK: Flights of Wonder...love this show.

While it's not an attraction, I have a favorite discovered by accident...been a must ever since. Relaxing in the deserted "alley" (what DD calls it) off Main Street after park close-no one in sight over there, listening to the "sisters". Maybe just nostalgia from our 1st trip, but being immersed in the nightime atmosphere, tucked away from the few remaining people on Mainstreet-it's a total "awwwee" moment. I really look forward to it every trip like that's it's own thing to do. During the day when the park/the shops are open, it isn't the same...While DH/DD finish in the Emporium, I always joke I have a date with some ice cream and the sisters:lovestruc

My sleeper in Disneyland is the Royal Theater. It's a small venue where they do Shakespearean takes on stories like Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, or Tangled. Amusing for kids and adults alike. Also a good chance for kids to get an up close look at Elsa & Anna, Belle, or Rapunzel as the princesses help out with the play and kids are encouraged to sit on the ground up close to the stage.

Sooo, we love Gran Fiesta Tour as well. I could spend an hour there, just floating round and round and listening to that wonderful music. Also high on our list of must-dos: Strolling on the BoardWalk, It's Tough To Be A Bug, The Christmas Store in Liberty Square, Club Cool, Beauty and the Beast show at HS, and a certain bench in the Morocco pavilion with a shade tree and lake view. :cloud9:

Two things we always make it a point to do not at the top of anyone's list would be the Beauty and the Beast show at HS and pin trading at Animal Kingdom.
Despite many trips to HS, I have never seen the Beauty and the Beast show. Finally going on a trip later this year that is more than just a long weekend, so this is pretty much at the top of my list of things I've never done that I plan to find time to do.

Despite many trips to HS, I have never seen the Beauty and the Beast show. Finally going on a trip later this year that is more than just a long weekend, so this is pretty much at the top of my list of things I've never done that I plan to find time to do.
No need to FP it, and we do not, but if that was the only way to see it we would. They do a great job.

Electrical Water Pageant! They can revamp the MK Welcome Show, nix Wishes, but if Disney messes with my EWP I will be really pissed!!

Ok, I am a nostalgic Disney geek, you've been warned. There are a number of attractions that really do it for me, and the rest of my family could completely overlook, not give the love to, do without etc. etc.

Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, People Mover. I absolutely love them all. I too laugh at Mosters Inc Laugh Floor, love that show. Oh, and dare I say that I love the Tomorrowland Speedway hahaha.

In Epcot, I still love Journey, and the Living with the Land ride, and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I love the Universe of Energy, mostly just because of the dinosaur scene.

I used to LOVE the little fishing village at the end of the Maelstrom, and often thought that Disney missed a great opportunity there to make those little buildings entrances into their gift shops. It would have been fantastically authentic, but I digress lol. I also love the Canada Pavilion, and wish some new life would appear in the upper areas of it.

This is ant awesome thread. I have no idea what Tiki room is and I can't wait to discover it next trip!

My sleeper is people mover for sure. We love it!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? You've not seen the Tiki Room . . . . it is Disney Geek Heaven :) Gotta go visit the tiki room! It is kind of like the Country Bears with flowers and tiki gods.

Living with the land
People mover
Monsters inc laughing floor- last time we went my husband was "that guy" he got such a kick out of that!!!
Great movie ride
The trails at AK
Flights of wonder

And though well-publicized, WL at Christmas never has crushes of visitors from other resorts coming by to relax in the holiday atmosphere. The choir of 20 or so young women that sang very traditional Christmas songs in the lobby was not to be missed...
Oh, this is cool to know about! I knew WL was decked out nicely for the holidays, but I didn't know about the choir! Now I have to figure out when we'll pop over! Thanks for sharing!

I love most of the attractions mentioned. Philharmagic, Monsters Inc., People Mover, Ellen's Energy Adventure.

I adore the scent of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth. I cry throughout the American Adventure--the Civil War part and the end with mentions of the Challenger Space Shuttle and the World Trade Center.

Two attractions that I haven't seen in this thread that I enjoy a great deal are the movie in China and the Living Seas aquarium. My family could spend hours watching sea life. The big animals like the sea turtles, dolphins and rays are always fun to see. :)

Fun thread.

MK - Our favorite is the Tiki room and we love the People Movers, COP and Laugh Floor (we do this several times)
EPCOT - Our Favorite is the Mexican ride, then Living with the Land and Figment (I love this)

I think my wifes would be

Its a small world...

She drags me on it every time, I think she knows I hate it!

Ellen's. After purposely skipping over this from our first trip in 2011 we finally tried it out this past Thanksgiving Weekend and actually enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter