What can I plant along my sidewalk?

shelle94

<font color=green>Got sucked back into Everquest<b
The sidewalk leading to my apartment goes around the side of the house. I would like to plant some flowers or atleast some ground cover along the sidewalk. My problem is the neighbor's trees block most of the light. Anybody know of any attractive flowers or plants that will be ok with the low light?

Shelle very few annuals will product flowers without sunlight. Impatients or begonias are two annuals that will flower from spring till the fall frost, in shaded areas.

You can do a rainbow of color or stay with all one.

Last year on a shaded area I did a row of impatients. I alternated white, pink and purple. When it filled in the colors blended beautifully together.

Double Impatiens look especially nice. They almost look like miniature roses.

How about planting some hostas that will come back every year mixed with impatients. We have a shade bed around our patio and from spring until fall the hostas are the anchor then I plant flowers for color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter