What can you put into Gas to screw up an engine?

I honestly thought I'd read every post on the thread and I can't recall anywhere reading that we were talking about a parent's car here. Did I miss that somewhere, or did some of you just assume it wasn't the kid's car?

Yeah I love that excuse the police are busy no kidding there busy its there job.* Not only is her gas being stolen but the kid is trespassing on her property she should talk to the police. And if the parents are lacking which they seem to be. I would still go over there and talk to them everytime the gas disappeared.

By acting like a dumb teenager yourself what does that prove. Besides your lacking in the brain department. Then if something does happen to the little darling who stole the gas.* The police will doubt your word about the incident.

Doe wrote:

Although I think the kid is a little you know what for stealing, I think I'd just put the can in a locked garage/shed where it's out of sight.

:thumbsup2

If these are neighbors you should not be doing things to damage something as expensive as a car engine. Make a police report out and lock the gas can up in the future!

TC:cool1:

Yeah I love that excuse the police are busy no kidding there busy its there job.* Not only is her gas being stolen but the kid is trespassing on her property she should talk to the police. And if the parents are lacking which they seem to be. I would still go over there and talk to them everytime the gas disappeared.

By acting like a dumb teenager yourself what does that prove. Besides your lacking in the brain department. Then if something does happen to the little darling who stole the gas.* The police will doubt your word about the incident.

No doubt they are busy, it's their job (the police that is). I think anyone who would try to talk to a theif about something he/she stole is lacking in the brains department, but that's just me.

I'm just trying to figure out what percentage is concern for the poor little thief and what percentage is fear about possible legal repercussions for the gas owner. Either scenario is sad, in my opinion, but especially the one in which the rightful owner is so fearful.

No doubt they are busy, it's their job (the police that is). I think anyone who would try to talk to a theif about something he/she stole is lacking in the brains department, but that's just me.

I concur that they're busy. Personally though, I wouldn't want to talk to the thief. :lmao:

No doubt they are busy, it's their job (the police that is). I think anyone who would try to talk to a thief about something he/she stole is lacking in the brains department, but that's just me.

I never said talk to the thief but to the PARENTS, yes the parents seem to be lacking but their still the parents. Teenagers aren't always smart so for a adult any adult to pull a stunt like a teenager is doing the wrong thing. JMI.

Either way the OP is right to be upset she is being stolen from and she should call the police and file a report. Just in case it escalates into something else. That way there is a record on the kid...

:confused3 What excuse. We had two bicycles, and food stolen from our garage. We caught a guy in broad daylight stealing our lawnmower. The police filed a report, and that was the end of that. That is just the way life is.

Judging from the posts here, had the thief broken his ankle, riding my bike, I would have been the one in trouble. Funky thought process, for sure.

:confused3 What excuse. We had two bicycles, and food stolen from our garage. We caught a guy in broad daylight stealing our lawnmower. The police filed a report, and that was the end of that. That is just the way life is.

Judging from the posts here, had the thief broken his ankle, riding my bike, I would have been the one in trouble. Funky thought process, for sure.

My son had 2 bikes stolen on ONE night. A few days later, we saw a guy riding up the street with the bike. He was a big kid (if he was a kid at all) who looked to be well over 18 riding a kid's bike (trick type bike). My husband pulled the car around, made the guy get into the car and took the guy AND the bike to the police station and nothing was done. We were allowed to take my son's 1 bike back, but by this time, so much damage had already been done to it that we really didn't want it.

The kid got NOTHING, nor was there any other follow thru.

That's basically how it goes.

My son had 2 bikes stolen on ONE night. A few days later, we saw a guy riding up the street with the bike. He was a big kid (if he was a kid at all) who looked to be well over 18 riding a kid's bike (trick type bike). My husband pulled the car around, made the guy get into the car and took the guy AND the bike to the police station and nothing was done. We were allowed to take my son's 1 bike back, but by this time, so much damage had already been done to it that we really didn't want it.

The kid got NOTHING, nor was there any other follow thru.

That's basically how it goes.

At least you got the bike back...kind of...

We had a whole room of curly maple paneling stolen from our cabin. It was eventually found (solving 200 thefts in the area) but we couldn't "prove" the boards were ours. So we never saw them again. I know there is some police officer with a great hunting cabin, somewhere.

I honestly thought I'd read every post on the thread and I can't recall anywhere reading that we were talking about a parent's car here. Did I miss that somewhere, or did some of you just assume it wasn't the kid's car?

Do we know that the kid bought the car? Pays the insurance? Pays for the repairs? Does it matter? The response to damage the car is disproportional to the crime. This is a police matter and has been since the kid stepped across the property line. The police need to handle it. Edited to add, did anyone even approach the parents in this situation? That would have been my first response.

He already knows you saw him. If anything happens he will "know" you set him up. He, his parents, his friends and others may get "involved" and decide to pay you back. Do you ever park your cars outside? Do your gas tanks lock? Does your hubby check the yard every time before he mows--what if there were a lot of rocks one day in your day? I can see this escalating quickly.

Be the bigger person. Quit keeping the gas can where he can see/reach it.

At least you got the bike back...kind of...

We had a whole room of curly maple paneling stolen from our cabin. It was eventually found (solving 200 thefts in the area) but we couldn't "prove" the boards were ours. So we never saw them again. I know there is some police officer with a great hunting cabin, somewhere.

We did get 1 of 3 bikes back that were stolen that night. The 3rd bike was a friend's bike. :(

Ultimately, it was tossed though because it had too much damage.

I didn't go in the police station with my husband (I drove on home and picked hubby up a bit later), but I think the boy denied stealing the bike. Maybe he was innocent, I don't know, but he couldn't explain where the bike came from, thus closing any follow thru.

Do we know that the kid bought the car? Pays the insurance? Pays for the repairs? Does it matter? The response to damage the car is disproportional to the crime. This is a police matter and has been since the kid stepped across the property line. The police need to handle it. Edited to add, did anyone even approach the parents in this situation? That would have been my first response.

When the OP says it's his car, unless it's shown otherwise, I have to believe that's true. What he pays, I couldn't tell you. Perhaps the OP knows?

I concur though, I wouldn't hesitate to talk with the parents. If they're level headed, I wouldn't contact the police. If they're belligerent, I'd not hesitate in calling the police.

All you have to do is look at past winning civil suits and criminal prosecutions to know that often the "victim" is held accountable when their actions caused harm to someone committing a crime against them

Using your bike analogy. Bike stolen and they wreck it...no liability on your part.

You sabotage the bike because you think someone is going to steal it.... civil and possible criminal liability if the thief is injured or killed, or if the sabotage caused injury or death to a 3rd person.

Nothing funky about my thought process. I've heard of way too many real life examples in which the "thief" was victorious in suing their victim, or cases where someone has been tried and convicted when their actions have caused harm or death to a "thief"

All you have to do is look at past winning civil suits and criminal prosecutions to know that often the "victim" is held accountable when their actions caused harm to someone committing a crime against them

Using your bike analogy. Bike stolen and they wreck it...no liability on your part.

You sabotage the bike because you think someone is going to steal it.... civil and possible criminal liability if the thief is injured or killed, or if the sabotage caused injury or death to a 3rd person.

Nothing funky about my thought process. I've heard of way too many real life examples in which the "thief" was victorious in suing their victim, or cases where someone has been tried and convicted when their actions have caused harm or death to a "thief"

Well, I'll be honest. Funky wasn't exactly the f-word I was think about in my opinion of a justice system that favors the perp over the victim.:headache:

Well, I'll be honest. Funky wasn't exactly the f-word I was think about in my opinion of a justice system that favors the perp over the victim.:headache:

Your other post didn't say anything about the justice system. It seemed like a direct dig at anyone here who expressed an opinion that the OP could be held liable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter