What can you tell me about the Edison?

We ate an early dinner at The Edison in January. Our kids (7 & 5) really enjoyed it. The kids meals are a little pricey at $15. They get to choose an entree, side, dessert, and drink. There were five adults in our party and everyone loved their food and drinks. I think we ate around 4 pm, so it was very quiet, but by the time we left, it was starting to pick up. There was someone who worked there dressed up and walking around with little inventions. Since it wasn't very busy, he spent a lot of time at our table letting the kids try them out. It was really cool and definitely made it more enjoyable for the kids.

I've eaten at the Boathouse twice. First time my steak blew my freaking mind. The next time it was good, but I was sad because the first time it was incredible. The sides etc. were amazing both times. I haven't eaten at the Edison, but I tried to get a drink there around 10pm on a Saturday and it already had a weird vibe to me. I was straight from a day at the parks & couldn't get a single bartender to even look at me to get a drink. It seemed like a lot of locals who were there to party. There were also kids there (I guess they entered before the cutoff time and their families just stayed) so that was weird too - it was like people trying to hook up, a 30yo birthday party where the girls were all dressed up as flappers, and little kids all dancing. Very strange haha. From reviews and my own experience I would guess the food is going to be hit or miss. Oh, there was a band playing when I got there, so I'd assume they started earlier in the evening. It sounds like you want to be in Disney Springs BUT if you want to try something different, I would suggest one of the AKL restaurants. Maybe a different night!

OK - the Edison is a very LOVELY building. GREAT architecture.
Sadly? It contains no food that matches the architecture.
We have found this to be true of MOST "new DS Restaurants". We were hoping for something better :(.

Advice? Consider Swan and Dolphin.... FAR better food. Il Mulino, Shula's, more....

We went to both earlier this month. Love the Boathouse. Great food and good variety. Boats along the water may interest your son. I’ve had everything from chicken to halibut to shrimp cocktail there and no complaints. Tried the Edison on a Saturday night. Not impressed with food or drinks. We were very put off by way they changed din8ng room to dance floor while we were eating. As they moved away tables we were left with just a couple of tables around us. Then they asked us to move in the middle of dessert! Might try a lunch next time as the building is interesting, but won’t go back for dinner.

To be fair, we did not eat at the Edison, but we stopped in back in February to check it out. It was dinner time but the place was only half full and we walked around without any employee even greeting us or asking if we needed anything. The vibe was very similar to Toothsome Chocolate Emporium over at Universal for us. We left feeling "meh" about the place, but I have read mostly good reviews on the food.

We ate at the Edison back in Jan. It was after 10, there was an adult vibe. The food was phenomenal, try the steak or fried chicken. Haven't tried boathouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter