What common things do you not own not due to because financial issues but because you don't have an interest?

For many years I didn't have any supplies having to do with coffee or alcohol because I just never drink those things at home, but finally bought stuff when I was doing enough entertaining that I couldn't avoid it. (It's just something people expect adults to have, especially since I don't specifically NOT drink those things. People bring wine and expect you to have an opener, etc.) Now I have a coffeepot, wine glasses, etc. but still only use them when I have company.

Too many things to list. We have "everything" but we actually have very little, if you know what I mean? Here's a few of the things I'd never consider owning:
Designer clothes, shoes or expensive jewelry
A vacation home, RV, ATV or boat
DVC/timeshares
Smart-home anything (no door bell cam or home security or wifi thermostat or appliances or lighting controls or Siri or Alexa)
Pets
Air fryer, InstaPot, toaster oven, stand mixer, steam mop, panini press, etc.
Sirius radio subscription
Various social media accounts and phone apps
...I could go on and on...

:laughing: Now if we were making a list of stuff we'd love to have but can't afford, it would be endless too!

I don't drink coffee, but still can't say the coffee maker. Perhaps a Keurig, but I make my iced tea in a coffee maker.

I can never think of these things unless I read someone elses. Since I don't have it, I don't pay attention and I don't know what is common that other people have that I don't. I have the IP and AF gadgetry in the kitchen.

Oh, there it is since I said kitchen. I don't have a working stove/oven. Propane ran out when I first moved broke with nothing. I literally had $10,000 to my name and no home, only a bed to sleep in at night. Paid $9500 for the trailer and bought a TV for in it. Propane ran out and before I could get someone to deliver the furnace went out. So I had a furnace to finance and pay for. I was given an induction burner and I've been satisfied with that as I never would use the oven. Most of the year I couldn't because it would kill my air conditioner.

I could get propane now, I just don't want to bother. I grill mostly, have the induction burner, my gadgets like the air fryer and instant pot. Electric skillet I make breakfast on. Charcoal Kettle I cook steaks and smoke on. I have no use for a stove/oven in the kitchen.

we recently replaced our microwave with a microwave/convection oven combo. if we didn't do some larger items periodically in our old school oven i could easily get by with just this. i had never heard of them but i guess they've been popular in trailers and rv's for quite a while. love my portable induction cook top-very handy and safe to use.

we recently replaced our microwave with a microwave/convection oven combo. if we didn't do some larger items periodically in our old school oven i could easily get by with just this.

I just got a convection oven last week. I LOVE it. ❤️ I've been planning on one for a while, when I my toaster oven finally died. I didn't want to replace a perfectly fine working toaster oven for one that might have been pure hype. But the fan really does make a difference. And it's strong enough that it seems to be air-frying too.

An Alexa/Google Nest or other smart speaker. Anything Apple. Designer clothes/purses. Trendy kitchen electrics, Instapot, air fryer, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter