• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What crazy life changes are you making?

Going out without a mask.
Yeah!,! :hug:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in October of 2021. It made dh and I realize we are tired of taking care of this big old house on acreage. We are downsizing and building a smaller home. We also plan to travel more when we can. My prognosis is very good, but you just never know.
:hug:

Well, after getting up the nerve to go to Paris a few years ago, I realized that it wasn't as out of my reach as it always felt in my head. I always thought of traveling to Europe or other countries was for people with far more money to blow than me, but turns out, it's MUCH cheaper than a long weekend at Disney so I had big dreams of hitting more countries and seeing the world...then covid hit. I've been not so patiently waiting for things to go back to normal so that my vacations actually feel like vacations and not punishments.
Plan your trip! We went at the end of last year and in the process of planning another this year. We are hoping to see and do the things that were abruptly shut down while we were the last year. ✈️

Last edited:

Being more involved with our church and embracing my faith more.
This isn’t a crazy life change, because I’ve always gone to church, but now I’m becoming more involved (being on parish committee), learning more about my religion (listening to Catholic radio, Bible study and etc) and REALLY embracing my faith ❤️

Clearing 60-odd years of clutter out of my mother's/grandparents' home to get it ready to sell. I may never bring another thing into my house after this experience for fear I'll end up having to do it all over again when we downsize!
This is what I need to do in my own house but it is so overwhelming. I know I should just order the dumpster but then I feel guilty about putting stuff in a landfill. I live in my parents house - so it has never been cleaned out in 52 years. You have no idea how much stuff there is. My father is the son of a hoarder so he is a hoarder and unfortunately it has slightly rubbed off on me. I have saved too much of the kids stuff from when they were younger. I am making a pact that I will have a bag to donate every month. I know it is not much but it will be a start.

Good luck to you. I know when my grandmother died it was such a daunting task to clean out their home. Many things ended up in my house - sigh. We also found money hidden everywhere. I know we sold that house with money hidden in it or threw money out because my Grandmother hid it everywhere.

Being more involved with our church and embracing my faith more.
This isn’t a crazy life change, because I’ve always gone to church, but now I’m becoming more involved (being on parish committee), learning more about my religion (listening to Catholic radio, Bible study and etc) and REALLY embracing my faith ❤️
I’m not Catholic…I’m not even Christian but I love The Catholic Guy show. Busted Halo is ok, too. They are both on SiriusXM

I’m not Catholic…I’m not even Christian but I love The Catholic Guy show. Busted Halo is ok, too. They are both on SiriusXM
I’m also a big fan of The Catholic Guy and I’ve heard small segments of The Busted Halo - I’m usually not in my car very long when this is on.

For anyone interested….channel 129 on XM 🙂👍🏼

Nothing too crazy. Attempting to drop some pounds. It really seemed to pile on the last few months. Haven’t been doing any exercise either. It’s only been a few days but I’m really trying to be good.

I've decided to eat an avocado a day.
wow...wrong time of the year to start that trend.....$2.80 and they grow them just across the border for us ...just don't start rice as a trend, californina has cut 5% of its rice procuction so that folks can eat a fish a day.

Separating from my husband including selling our house. At least we’d just done renos 🤷‍♀️

Going on a solo Disney/Universal trip,

I’m sure there will be many more on this life roller coaster I seem to be on.

Ugh…crazy but I’m downsizing Disney. It’s been a big part of our family vacations for over forty years. Slowly but surely weeding out programming, entertainment and parks. The big dumps may soon come with DVC and stock. They can’t seem to right the ship and their current captains don’t appear up to the task. It’s sad because it’s been a big source of joy for many many years. It’s stretched into four generations. Never thought we’d reach this point. It began with “improvements and enhancements” but has jumped the shark in recent years..especially the last one. Oddly…we are all on the same page.

This is what I need to do in my own house but it is so overwhelming. I know I should just order the dumpster but then I feel guilty about putting stuff in a landfill. I live in my parents house - so it has never been cleaned out in 52 years. You have no idea how much stuff there is. My father is the son of a hoarder so he is a hoarder and unfortunately it has slightly rubbed off on me. I have saved too much of the kids stuff from when they were younger. I am making a pact that I will have a bag to donate every month. I know it is not much but it will be a start.

Good luck to you. I know when my grandmother died it was such a daunting task to clean out their home. Many things ended up in my house - sigh. We also found money hidden everywhere. I know we sold that house with money hidden in it or threw money out because my Grandmother hid it everywhere.

That's almost exactly my situation too - my mom moved in with my grandmother when she needed care. So the house has been in the family since the late 60s and has never been totally cleaned out or purged of clutter. Plus my grandmother was a hoarder in the way the Depression generation could be - she overbought things on sale when they could afford it just in case another time came when they couldn't and held on to anything that could possibly be useful someday, and she stashed cash in the most random places. My mom wasn't as bad, but she had a lot of "someday" projects in mind and bought supplies for those which just added to the clutter. But like you, I am reluctant just to get a dumpster and have it all end up in a landfill somewhere so I'm going room by room and donating the usable stuff, while filling two of those big wheeled recycle bins every week with old magazines and clipped recipes and patterns and empty food jars and old pie tins.

My goal is to have the place empty and ready to go on the market this summer.

wow...wrong time of the year to start that trend.....$2.80 and they grow them just across the border for us ...just don't start rice as a trend, californina has cut 5% of its rice procuction so that folks can eat a fish a day.

The price doesn't bother me. A can of sardines is more, and I have had trouble getting herring since the pandemic started. Costco used to carry it, so I used to eat herring every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter