What DCL merchandise have you purchased?

I just had to show DW the picture of the shoes - she didn't think (and neither did I!) that anyone could match her! On our last trip, we had a seperate "Shoetcase"!

That was from my two teen DD's and their two teen friends. They shared a cabin this past August on the Magic and we were amazed at how many shoes the girls had....the room steward actually thought they were holding shoes for other members of our party....he could not believe 4 girls could have so many......what you can't see in the pic is all the shoes lined up across the top of the sofa and they also had some in the closet!!!

MJ

The shoes are HYSTERICAL! I tried to be very conservative with shoes- I wore a pair of 'pure comfort' Keds, packed one pair of strappy sandals (worn with casual clothing- but could be worn with dressier things) and packed a pair of velvet mary janes to wear with my semi-formal apparel. I never felt the need for more. I did wish I had brought along another pair of shoes for my daughter though.

I also wanted to purchase that super-sized double beach towel, but couldn't swallow the price. I think I will definitively purchase it next time. I just couldn't bring myself to spending that on a towel, but the thing is the size of a blanket! I know we'd use it plenty and it seemed of good quality.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your goodies. Are the Disney Scrapbooks only 8 1/2 x 11 or did they have 12 x 12 inch albums too????

My visa is starting to vibrate in anticipation of our trip!

I especially love the 2002 one ~ how soon into the new year do they get the '03 stuff? We are not giving them much time...lol We sail on the 4th of Jan!

I haven't been on the ship yet but I had someone get me some items while they were on the ship last January. That nice person purchased for me:

DCL beach towel
Cptn Mickey
little snowglobe with the ship in it.
magnet

I cannot wait to get more items when I get on board in January.

The albums in the photo measure 8x10 and I believe that they also had smaller ones of the same design. They also carried larger scrapbook type albums but they had a different design. They had both designs shown in the pic on the ship in August.

I also would like to know if they have an '03 design as we are also sailing 1/4/03!!!!

MJ

T-shirts
Souvenier mugs and drink glasses
Playing Cards
Lots of T-Shirts
Set of silver chain braclets
lots of picture frames
character crayons
a ton of other stuff too!

Just back and here's what we bought on our 12/14 cruise....
-Magic Christmas ornament.... on sale for $9.99..they were all gone by the end of the cruise.
- 2002 DCL Scrapbook for 1/2 price.
- 2003 DCl T shirt for DD... 1/2 price $5.99
- Mickey Beach wrap ( really cute!)
- Magic ship replica signed by the Captain

I try to limit our purchases to one item per family member but that never seems to work out! But I do try to get something unique to each cruise and DH ALWAYS buys a new watch - he must be starting his own collection!

Rae

We also got the Photo Album. I love it. They have them with the year on them. I plan to buy one for each of our trips.

I also bought the Christmas Tree Ornament, a magnet with a picture of the ship, and my husband has a small ship that sits on his desk.

DJ

did I read that right? you bought a '03 shirt on the December sailing? that would be good news for me ~ I was worried that they wouldn't have '03 merchandise on our 1/4/03 sailing.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned DCL antenna balls ~ from the price on ebay (14.50) they must be pretty popular!!

edit ~ OMG!! there is someone selling DCL bedspread's for $10 ~ how in the world does someone get a bedspread in their suitcase....lol

Sorry... I meant 2002! I also bought a 2002 zip up sweatshirt for $18.99 which was great for the mornings and in the A/C.

On the 12/15-29 Disney Wonder they were putting out the 2003 merchandise - shirts, photo albums, etc.

Rae

I love it when you link pics to the merchandise so everyone can visually see what is being talked about... thanx.. you are great for doing that...

And the shoe pic was perfect... I can relate to that one...

Thanx again...

Beth

silver and gold ship charms for DW
Judith Jack marcasite Mickey ears ring for DW
decorative ship tea server
poster of ship comparing heights of other landmarks
DCL themed pins
snowglobes
scrapbooks and photo albums

Isn't Serena the greatest!! She and my DD became very special friends on our trip. I would put Serena up there with the princesses! I hope she's on the Magic when we go back. I want to give her picture of her and DD from last cruise. Serena made my DD an honorary merchandiser and they exchanged cards and gifts - I'll have to bring something special for her on htis trip - she is the sweetest!!!

It October we purchased the map with the itinerary marked out on it. They had all the ports of call marked. We purchased the frame also. Both were about $38 total. The map was matted and looks really nice in our front hallway.

We also bought Christmas ornaments from the Magic and Wonder that have 2002 on them. They had the same style for both ships. We also were at VWL this year and have an ornament from there in the same style. I didn't realize all our 2002 Disney ornaments were the same style until I was putting them out a few weeks ago.

We bought matching Castaway Cay T-shirts for the family. Lime green of course;) .

Originally posted by Gina
I have the $25 ship replica, and also got it signed by the captain. It is my very favorite thing I brought back! It's made from some sort of poly-resin type material, and I *love* how detailed it is. It sits on a side table right next to my computer at home, and every time I look at it, it takes me right back there.

-gina-

I have that same ship replica sitting by my computer at work! It is the Wonder but I will have the Magic to go with it next May!

Also bought DCL tank top that I wear a lot during the summer. Never saw the itenarary maps -- will have to get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter