What did I miss????? Emotional Pete rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
What happened? I've been away for a stretch and haven't logged into a show for a while...and when I come back, I see Pete furious with trolls about what they said about Craig. What did they say that set him off? Nice to see him defend his employees with such a fervor.

I watched this episode today...COMPLETELY agreed with every rant! (Also LOVE Pete’s rants!) I’m not actually sure what was said about Craig or any of the group but can’t imagine anyone being rude about any of them!! Craig IS amazing! It is obvious how hard he works! Thank you to all of the Dis group who pour their hearts and souls into their work to give us such fantastic information and keep me feeling close to “home”!

Not sure what was said about Craig but the rants hit home regardless. Pete owns the company. Im sure Pete sees everything posted on the videos. If Pete dont like it he will act, its his company. The same holds true for the parks. Disney implements rules, Abide by the rules or dont go. If you want to be a jerk and not obey the rules and get called out on it tough. Stay home. Disney owns the property its their rules.

I watched this episode today...COMPLETELY agreed with every rant! (Also LOVE Pete’s rants!) I’m not actually sure what was said about Craig or any of the group but can’t imagine anyone being rude about any of them!! Craig IS amazing! It is obvious how hard he works! Thank you to all of the Dis group who pour their hearts and souls into their work to give us such fantastic information and keep me feeling close to “home”!
What episode? What date? I want to watch it.

I’m not sure what was said about Craig, but I’m glad Pete went off. No one has the right to say/post rude stuff about Craig, or any of them! They all work extremely hard and it shows! We have turned many, many people onto their shows as it’s the best my family has watched in a long time. My younger daughter someday wants to meet the cast as they are who she looks up to.

It makes me so angry when I see cast members being abused by guests. I saw this in Disneyland on multiple occasions over Christmastime during their 60th. When they cancelled the fireworks show, multiple cast members were spit on. One female cast member had it so bad, her hair was wet from the spit, she was trying to clean off in bathroom. She was crying. I find this kind of behavior intolerable and they should promptly be removed from the park and not allowed re-entry. I actually enjoy watching their shows, rants and all as they are real and tell it how it is! Great job Dis team! We love you guys!

I couldn't agree with DLgal more.

I was also struck by the fedora rant. I have a friend who is quiet, humble and plainly dressed person in real life. They wear a fedora at DL as an homage to Indiana Jones/Adventureland and also the Disneyland Dapper Days influence. When I see one in the park, I assume it's Indiana Jones inspired Disney bounding or perhaps a dapper 1950's throwback vibe. To me, the hat is worn in a fun-spirited nature. I wasn't offended, but it was interesting that Pete had such a different take on a fedora in a park.

Last edited:
Pete didn't give us much context on what happened to Craig, which is ironic because whoever Pete actually was yelling at didn't get the message. Craig made some tweets that fell flat a few weeks ago, I don't want to quote them because I think context matters and Craig was having a really bad day with covid safety and poorly behaved guests. He is also dry and sarcastic on Twitter anyways.

I think Craig has to deal with YT trolls and handles some of the bad comments because he is logged into YT managing the 10 different channels and the rest of the team is spared from seeing some of the really bad ones. If it's affecting people, then turn them off.

I also think Pete can say how much he appreciates and values Craig, without focusing on the trolls. I think Craig is fantastic and has done so much for the content.

Last edited:
I took Pete’s suggestion and unsubscribed to everything. I don’t mind that he defends people but I believe there’s a professional way to articulate your message. I’m tired of his “moments” and childish “rants”.

Personally I think the tone of his message and how it was said was completely appropriate. IMO the type of people that are willing to trash and say pretty disgusting things about someone they have never met (including his wife) "professional" language isn't really going to work. Granted if you're willing to type vile things to a complete stranger maybe nothing will work at that point.

I'm not the viewer that gets excited about a Pete rant because I generally just don't like to see people upset or angry, but I know that I'm probably in the minority there. Another comment before mine said the people Pete was yelling at didn't get the message because they likely weren't watching, but some of them definitely watch the Tues show. The past few weeks of Pete not being there and having Deni or Craig host, I've seen SO many rude comments in the live chat. People basically saying the show sucks without Pete, or simply saying "No Pete, not watching". Why do those people feel the need to announce their exit except to be rude? If you only like the show when Pete is on then just close out, there is no need to announce you're going. I really wish people would just think twice before becoming a keyboard warrior. These are real people who have been providing free content even when the parks were closed. I personally like the shows that Pete isn't on better, not that I don't like Pete, but I love the off the rails moments and they don't happen as often when he's there. I'm so here for Donut Information Station lol. I will be forever grateful to all of them because without the shows and content, I don't know how I would have made it through this last year.

I personally like the shows that Pete isn't on better, not that I don't like Pete, but I love the off the rails moments and they don't happen as often when he's there.
I agree. The best way I can put it is that the shows without Pete seem like a bunch of coworkers in the breakroom BSing while the ones with him are much more uptight/rigid. I'm listening for entertainment so the lower level of professionalism is right up my alley. I can see why others prefer the more rigid format though.

I'll also say that I think Pete maybe needs to rewatch a couple shows as it should be pretty obvious why he gets criticism regarding comments towards Fiasco or others. Those good natured ribbings that he's giving seem to only go one direction when you're viewing it as a spectator. He means well but the comments aren't reciprocal so it makes him look like a bully.

Last edited:
He means well but the comments aren't reciprocal so it makes him look like a bully.

This! This is what makes the whole thing cringeworthy. There is no clever retort by Craig, or Fiasco, or Ryno directly back to Pete. I would LOVE to hear what these guys have to tease Pete about, but I have a feeling Pete is off limits that way, which means it is all a power play.

This! This is what makes the whole thing cringeworthy. There is no clever retort by Craig, or Fiasco, or Ryno directly back to Pete. I would LOVE to hear what these guys have to tease Pete about, but I have a feeling Pete is off limits that way, which means it is all a power play.

I think he probably is "off-limits" on air ..who knows behind the scenes.

I like the shows with rants and the shows without.

When I personally say that people shouldn’t make comments about Craig or the rest of the team, that doesn’t mean I think people should never disagree with their opinions. But you can disagree with someone without making personal attacks, a concept that some people have forgotten during this stressful time. It is particularly bad when people make personal comments towards family members of the team. I don’t have a problem with a general call out (rant) that this type of behavior is unacceptable. Unfortunately, the people who most needed to hear the message probably weren’t listening to the show.

However, I like when we get a mix of rant shows and non rant shows. By their very nature, rants are going to bring some negative energy to the show, even if the rant is fully justified. Sometimes the release of that energy can be cathartic, both for the person ranting and for the listener, which is a good thing. But I also like the laid back, fun, informative shows, the ones that have me laughing hysterically (of which there have been many). I am not going to skip the show based on who is/isn’t present for a particular one. Each person brings a different perspective to the mix, and all their perspectives have merit.

Okay, several times people have been told there is a reason people were upset with Craig and no one seems interested in the reason. People just blindly praise Craig and Pete and think a rant completely out of the blue had to be the fans' fault. Really?

I can't post a link because the link feature is still broken and it will just spin. Here is one of the Craig's tweets that upset fans.

There is a good chance I’m getting kicked out of Magic Kingdom today for screaming at obnoxious people. I may need anger management.

Craig was upset about unsafe Covid behavior so it was understandable but screaming at other guests makes the CMs job harder and two wrongs don't make a right. Screaming in public is full stop. Then a bit later there was this:

Jesus. The CM at Pirates making queue announcements is doing a 3-minute plus stand-up routine. What in the hell is happening at Magic Kingdom today. “No flashing. That includes flash floods and DC characters.”

So let's go back to last Tuesday. Folks, Pete literally was yelling AT US to behave in the parks and not criticize his team's work, when it was his team that was talking about behaving poorly in a park and mocking the CM doing their job. Craig and Pete can criticize CMs on Twitter but no one can criticize the Dis??

Come on, this situation is so full of irony and Pete yelling at people to be kinder? Does ranting make people kinder?

Craig was in the wrong and the fans that push backed over the last two weeks were in the wrong. Literally, it would have been better to move on, but instead Pete decided to yell at everyone.

I like Craig but this wasn't his best moment. I don't think an apology is in order but instead when it happened he doubled down by changing his Twitter name and let Pete yell at us. Craig should have stepped in last week when it was clear this had morphed into something bigger and said, "I blew it, I want to move on Pete please."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter