What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

More boiled than baked, but I made my mom's chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies this morning:
View attachment 819903
These look like the Moose Mounds we make.....cooked on the stove and dropped on waxed or parchment paper.

MOOSE MOUNDS

1 stick butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups quick oats
Waxed Paper

Melt butter/margarine in saucepan. Add cocoa powder, sugar and milk and bring to a boil. Let boil 90 seconds, slowly stirring all the time. Add vanilla and stir. Turn off heat and add peanut butter, stirring until melted and creamy. Stir in oatmeal. Quickly drop by tablespoon full onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Will firm up when cool and can then be removed.

Enjoy!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! This morning I made sausage balls, apple turnovers (Natasha's Kitchen), Egg and cheese sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls. My husband grilled 3 lbs. of bacon on the grill for breakfast.

Yesterday was peanut butter balls, brickle (toffee) and banana bread. I can honestly say I tired of baking for awhile!

I made Monkey Bread for breakfast this morning. My daughter will make lasagna for dinner.
I made Monkey Bread this morning also! It was a nice treat before presents.

I baked oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cajeta brownies and gingerbread cookies on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to this thread of Dis bakers!

P.S. My son made Santa Brie for our appetizer board. It’s just so cute!1703546280996.jpeg

Welllll my gingerbread buche de Noel was definitely in the top five of the ugly cake contest 😂. Didn’t travel well and all the meringue mushrooms were properly smooshed. Fortunately it still tasted good according to others. Being highly critical I felt the sponge was too dense and will not use rye flour again at least not a 50% proportion. The adventure with rye flour isn’t over though; next pastry attempt will be “nonnettes“ which are traditionally made with rye.

Welllll my gingerbread buche de Noel was definitely in the top five of the ugly cake contest 😂. Didn’t travel well and all the meringue mushrooms were properly smooshed. Fortunately it still tasted good according to others. Being highly critical I felt the sponge was too dense and will not use rye flour again at least not a 50% proportion. The adventure with rye flour isn’t over though; next pastry attempt will be “nonnettes“ which are traditionally made with rye.

Where did you get your rye flour? I can't find it in any of my local grocery stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter