What did you get your DH for your 20th Anniversary?

Trip to Vegas. Our 30th is next Sunday (Father's Day) and have no clue what I'm getting him.

I'm usually a great gift giver for my family and especially for my DH but my 20th anniversary is fast approaching and I am coming up completely blank on gift ideas for my DH.

Any ideas?? We have 3 kids, ages 11, 14, and 15. He spends the majority of his time working, coaching the kids sports, and hanging out with the family or our friends. He golfs occasionally and skis a lot but has plenty of stuff for both. He's not into hunting, fishing, boating, motorcycles, etc.

We don't give each other gifts for our anniversary. Sometimes we will go on a trip (We went to WDW for our 20th anniversary, but we didn't get to go until months after our anniversary because of logistics regarding childcare and work), but most of the time we just go out to dinner and a movie or something of that sort.

Our anniversary is this week, and we are just going out to breakfast this weekend.

We just celebrated our 20th. Traditional gift is china, but I would rather have China... So we went to Hong Kong for 8 nights (including Hong Kong Disneyland). Our actual anniversary is in July, but that's way to hot of a time in Hong Kong so we went in May.

We went on a spontaneous weekend roadtrip getaway but we aren't normally big gift givers with each other anyway.

Our 20th is next month we will probably just go out for a nice dinner. We only exchange cards on our anniversary.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We often don't do gifts either but my sister told me my DH got me a "very thoughtful" gift this year so I felt like I should get him something. I've decided to make him a photo album and also we are going to spend Fri night in the city as I got a great deal on an hotel on Hotwire.

We don't buy each other anniversary gifts, never have really. We prefer to go out for a good meal or go away for a weekend. Our 20th was last summer. We went to the beach for a long weekend alone and I got the anniversary band I'd thought about getting for 15 years but then didn't. Not as a gift from him, but just because I wanted it.

We do a "bigger" trip on the milestones. For our 5th, we toured several amusement parks across the country over the course of the summer. We went to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott's Berry Farms in CA; Cedar Point & Kings Island in OH; Michigan's Adventure; Kentucky Kingdom; and Six Flags Great Adventure. For our 10th, we went to NYC for a couples only trip. For our 15th, we did Disney by ourselves during F&W. For our 20th, we're talking about taking a Disney cruise. We always do our trips when it's convenient for us, and for our families, as they will be watching our kiddos while we're gone.

For the "other" ones, we generally have dinner out (sometimes a nice place, sometimes just a chain) and poke around Home Depot or Target, like the rock stars we are. :D

Nothing. We took a cruise to Alaska that was originally supposed to be a trip to Europe. Our 25th is upcoming in 2020 and as we've been able to do the Mediterranean in the meantime, we're hoping to get to England, Scotland and Ireland for that one.

we took a trip, to Disney, of course! We left the kids at home and did the Food/Wine events. SO much fun and what a completely different trip without kids!

Nothing. We took a cruise to Alaska that was originally supposed to be a trip to Europe. Our 25th is upcoming in 2020 and as we've been able to do the Mediterranean in the meantime, we're hoping to get to England, Scotland and Ireland for that one.

Got back recently from our Scotland/England trip. I have to say I was very surprised just how much I LOVED London, and England in general. We thought Edinburg was a very nice city however we were a bit disappointed in the highlands after hearing so much about them. We did see some beautiful scenery though. What we saw of Glasgow wasn't somewhere we'd ever have to see again.

I'm already planning my next trip to London. If you are looking for accommodation there, I can direct you to a fabulous apartment in a great part of town that was cheaper than a mediocre hotel room. Also, get the London Pass, it was well worth it.

Got back recently from our Scotland/England trip. I have to say I was very surprised just how much I LOVED London, and England in general. We thought Edinburg was a very nice city however we were a bit disappointed in the highlands after hearing so much about them. We did see some beautiful scenery though. What we saw of Glasgow wasn't somewhere we'd ever have to see again.

I'm already planning my next trip to London. If you are looking for accommodation there, I can direct you to a fabulous apartment in a great part of town that was cheaper than a mediocre hotel room. Also, get the London Pass, it was well worth it.
DH really wants to get to the Isle of Mull since it's apparently his ancestral home and golfing St. Andrew's is a bucket list thing for him. Myself, it's kind of a meh :confused3...but I'm sure I'll love it once we get there. The main itinerary will be a cruise but with a few days on one end or the other in London.

DH really wants to get to the Isle of Mull since it's apparently his ancestral home and golfing St. Andrew's is a bucket list thing for him. Myself, it's kind of a meh :confused3...but I'm sure I'll love it once we get there. The main itinerary will be a cruise but with a few days on one end or the other in London.

We went to my father's (and mine) ancestral town in Osmotherley, England. It was nice for him to see but killed an entire day with the driving. We also went to my father's wife's ancestral town in Stonehaven, Scotland which killed yet another day. Rather bleak place from a tourist point of view.

Unfortunately for my golfer husband we never made it to St. Andrew's. London is worth staying a few days.

Our 25th is on June 26 and DH is in Germany for a conference. As he'll have been away from home for 4 consecutive weekends (2 with me, 2 in Germany) we probably won't do anything the first weekend he is home as he will be ready to just putter around the house, mow the lawn, etc. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter