What did you view as an old person's name growing up?

George, my dad's name. When my brother was born, my mother wanted to name him after my father. My father said "that's an old man's name." They named him Scott instead (and my brother is forever grateful).

I had a good friend in high school who was named Emily. Everyone thought that was an old person's name, LOL. Now it is popular.
My grandma was named Pearl and the other one was named Lovey Mae. Yep, those would still be old names.

A lot of them already mentioned. First thought, Ethel.

I don't think Barnaby, Imogene, or Hildegarde have been brought up yet.

Most of my mom/dad's family. Clarence, George, Wilma (my ex's family), Joyce, Elmer, Earl, Lois, TThe worst I think is Gertrude or Bertha.

A lot of 'old' names are coming back around. My niece's have kids named Adelaide, Jolene Hazel, and Oscar. I see the a lot of babies with the middle name 'Mae' , it's the 'Grace' of the 90's.

My mother's name is Emma and growing up I didn't know anyone besides older women (older than my mother) with that name. Now there are Emma's all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter