What did you watch when you got home from school in your day?

The kids in my high school all used to talk about this show “Hawaiian R” and I figured I’d better get on board with that but couldn’t find it. Turned out they were saying “the Y and R” . Young and the Restless. I think I wa still watching Little House on the Prairie.

The Brady Bunch and The Monkees was on in afternoon, early evening reruns so we were allowed to watch them after homework. Our favorite show though, was Prisoner: Cell Block H. It was an Australian soap that took place in a women's prison. My Mom let us watch it with her every day, heaven knows why. It was pretty gritty.

Weren’t those more like nighttime shows though?
Depends when you were a kid. They were first runs in the 60's and 70's, and the mainstay of afternoon TV in reruns in the 80's and 90's.

The only thing I can remember is abc after school specials. We mostly had the tv on later in the day.

I watched Three's Company every day after school when I got home.
That was on when I was really little, and I went to my grandparents' house after school sometimes. My grandma thought it was an awful, sinful show because of the premise--she never actually watched it, and she wouldn't let me watch it. But grandpa knew how much I loved it, and he didn't see anything wrong with it. So he'd send me to watch on their bedroom TV while he distracted grandma for half an hour. Fun times.

Ahh, the 80's cartoons! Transformers, GI. Joe, Voltron, Thundercats, a little later DuckTales and Rescue Rangers...it was truly a golden age!
Most of these, plus Darkwing Duck, Batman the Animated Series, Tiny Toons, etc.

I remember coming home for lunch and watching the Flintstones before heading back to school. Also The Pink Panther Show when I got home, Child of the 70s- early 80s.
I went home for lunch and back in 1st and 2nd grade. It was pretty cool, but a little strange to ride my bike home in the middle of the day.

The Brady Bunch on TBS every afternoon. Child of the 80s and early 90s.
Ha, same except there was no TBS. No cable. No satellite TV. Just fuzzy CBS, NBC, and ABC and 2 UHF channels. Brady Bunch was on one of the UHF channels in syndicate as I believe the show ended the year I was born. Nope, I was 2 years old, which was Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, and The Electric Company. After school was '76 through...

Banana Splits, Speed Racer, and Kimba the White Lion when I was young. Dancin’ on Air and MTV as a teen. Back when MTV was all music videos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter