• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do You Do With All That Bling?!!

For a few more meaningful races -we've converted a few of the bibs to stone coasters using Gone For a Run. They do a great job but I think you can DIY ones like this but we're kind of busy and lazy. :)

i know this thread is old but I finally made my medal holder... its not perfect and I learned a few things I would do differently but Im happy how it turned out. My main thing was being able to change the message so its painted with chalkboard paint
...Now to fill it up LOL
11355527_10206851811116430_151583449_n.jpg

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately I can't see the image :( Has anyone else had an issue? (I tried looking on my Android and iPhone, using Chrome and Firefox on my computer, etc).

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately I can't see the image :( Has anyone else had an issue? (I tried looking on my Android and iPhone, using Chrome and Firefox on my computer, etc).

no its not just you looks like the link I originally posted decided not to work anymore so ill try again
11355527_10206851811116430_151583449_n.jpg

Very creative and well done Neoflynn. Great idea.

Thanks for sharing.

the great part is it was pretty easy to put together, though I am kicking myself for not documenting the process with pictures but oh well maybe next time LOL

Ariel, I love that medal rack. I am going to have to get one.

The quilt is a great idea too.

I really like this one from Iron Sport Works... I'm going to get one I think after Wine & Dine (which finishes my C2C). My Tink medal will look really lonely on it before then. :D

RIP_hi_res_.JPG

I decided to buy the Lasting Commemoratives shadowboxes for my 2012 Coast to Coast and the 2015 Star Wars Rebel Challenge since I deemed those special events. The Coast to Coast has artwork of the Partners statue and artwork for both races which is nice. For the Rebel Challenge, I opted to go for the bib display as well. For me, it's a nice way to commemorate both special events and the artwork theme makes it look really good.

Wow! That is quite a display case. Was that repurposed from something else or did you create it just for your bling?
Really nice.

Thank you. I'm the office manager for my father's demolition company and I found a display case at one of the projects. So I thought it would be a good use for my medals!

I just purchased two medal hangers from Allied Medal Hangers. One for me and one for my son. I'm hoping to hang it this weekend so I can get my medals up there so I can enjoy them. Right now they are all wrapped around the bed post at the end of my bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter