• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WHAT Do you have left to do? ( holidays)

How are stockings stuffed before Santa arrives? Doesn’t make any sense.

We don’t have kids living at home. Also, we are traveling and will be arriving home the day after Christmas. So when we all walk in, santa will have been here and filled the stockings.

How are stockings stuffed before Santa arrives? Doesn’t make any sense.

I just have a few groceries to pick up and s dish or two to make Christmas Eve.
My son’s stocking has been stuffed with his Christmas Eve gifts for a couple of weeks now. After he opens those, I’ll refill it for Christmas morning. His presents have been sitting under the tree since November. Santa isn’t a mandatory part of Christmas; not everyone follows that tradition. :confused3

Santa does fill our stockings.....but everyone does what they want and what is their tradition. Santa will be filling 2 children and 5 adult stocking.

I am done with all prep!!
Grand kids are spending the night so I had to rev it up. Baked the last batch of cookies this morning.
Taking them to the zoo tomorrow.

I am already letting everyone know what will change next year. This has been one! I am still trying to get everything finished!
This last minute stuff is for the birds!

Done. And actually bored. I may have to check my work email.

I do need to go food shopping (will go at 6 a.m. Monday), and do some baking and food prep, but other than that, it's all done. Feels really weird.

All I'm doing is baking. I had a Christmas open house last Saturday and then we went out town for a small holiday. Home now and baking tons cookies and treats for the trays. Other than that everything is done. I set myself some firm deadlines this year and would not wiggle out. I wanted to really enjoy the season and thankful I enforced myself

Did some last minute shopping this morning. Jcpenney had $10 off of $10 coupons and I ended up with 3 of them so I got some nice things for my mom and sister. Will head out to the mall later to get some gift cards that I forgot to get this morning. Just ordered the crab legs and shrimp for delivery and will freeze them for our annual new years eve gumbo. Tonight I need to finish cleaning my house and then load up everything so I can drive up to Arkansas in the morning to spend the holidays with my parents and sister.

All I'm doing is baking. I had a Christmas open house last Saturday and then we went out town for a small holiday. Home now and baking tons cookies and treats for the trays. Other than that everything is done. I set myself some firm deadlines this year and would not wiggle out. I wanted to really enjoy the season and thankful I enforced myself

That is my plan for next year! I am so done right now with so much to do and so little time.

I want hard fast deadlines to have it done before my break.

All done with gifts... YAY ...

I do have some cooking to do, then a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up a couple of platters that I ordered....and grab a few odds and ends for the last minute...

That is my plan for next year! I am so done right now with so much to do and so little time.

I want hard fast deadlines to have it done before my break.

Last year was my first year in our new house/neighborhood and my job too and I didn't enforce my typical deadlines. I was miserable trying to play catch up and didn't get to enjoy the season at all.

I do not worry about sales and try my best to have all presents bought by 5DEC. I get everything that has to be shipped out by 15DEC. Either we start decorating the weekend of Thanksgiving or the second weekend in December due to my work schedule. We go away the week before Christmas and home by 21 or 22nd DEC and gives me time for last minute baking and prep before Christmas holiday.

I put all my deadlines on my work calendar and my personal planner and kept running lists of presents, cookie baking plans and deadlines due.

Since I've got the house to myself tonight I'm finishing up my wrapping except for an Amazon delivery that is coming tomorrow.
I still have to plan my Christmas dinner menu and shop for it, not sure if I will do it tomorrow or early Monday morning.
I need to create and print some sort of ticket to an event that we are gifting to my FIL. They haven't gone on sale yet so that is why I don't have the real thing in hand.
Bake cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.
We spend the week visiting with family and friends so I'm sure there will be things that come up for that.

I have been baking all morning. We have the tree up but we need to decorate it. I have a couple more gifts to wrap. I need to sort out the stocking stuffers for the kids and grandkids. Tomorrow I will be baking pie and apple tarts. Then vacuuming and setting out the gifts for everyone. We are doing Christmas brunch so that work will be mostly done on Christmas morning.

All I have left to do (that's going to get done) is a couple more batches of cookies. All the presents are purchased and wrapped. However, I intended to send out Christmas cards and that did not happen.

It was an odd year. In mid-November, my mom fell and broke her femur... while she was in Florida and my sister and I were in Ohio. She was not able to travel for a month. My sister and I took turns going to Florida to help out until she was finally able to come home. She's home now. However, that was during the time that I would have normally sent my cards... and now it's too late. My mom always hosts Christmas Eve and still wants to, although my sister and I are going to go over and make all the food. My sister and I normally take turns hosting Christmas morning, but neither of us are set up for mom's needs (steps going into our houses, don't have grab bars on the toilet, etc.) so we're going to do that at mom's too.... but again, my sister and I are going to bring the food. It's my sister's year to host, but we decided we'd split it and not count this as anybody's year. So I'm in charge of fresh fruit, bacon, and juice. My sister's in charge of waffles and eggs.

Last year was my first year in our new house/neighborhood and my job too and I didn't enforce my typical deadlines. I was miserable trying to play catch up and didn't get to enjoy the season at all.

I do not worry about sales and try my best to have all presents bought by 5DEC. I get everything that has to be shipped out by 15DEC. Either we start decorating the weekend of Thanksgiving or the second weekend in December due to my work schedule. We go away the week before Christmas and home by 21 or 22nd DEC and gives me time for last minute baking and prep before Christmas holiday.

I put all my deadlines on my work calendar and my personal planner and kept running lists of presents, cookie baking plans and deadlines due.

That not worrying about sales is what I have got to start doing. It’s not worth the aggravation!

I want time to enjoy the Christmas events around town. And in year’s past I have been able to do that. This year I am not even sure what happened.

I will definitely take this tip from you and give myself deadlines to get it all done. The shopping was so hard this year. It took forever to buy anything because of the crowds. Back to online shopping next year!!

I enjoy going to the mall at Christmas and just enjoy the decorations, take the grandkids to see Santa and have a cinnamon roll. But NOT trying to find that “perfect” gift.

As of Friday, when this thread was posted:
  • Kids and I all wanted haircuts.
  • My son still had some shopping to do for family.
  • We had to do stocking shopping.
  • We hadn't decorated the tree yet (it was up and lighted, but not decorated).
  • We hadn't decided on a menu for Christmas or gone grocery shopping.
Fortunately I had already decided to take Friday off so we did haircuts and helped my son finish his shopping. And I got some wine and peppermint schnapps while I was at it. :drinking1

As of now:
  • There are only 3 or so presents left to wrap.
  • Stop at the bank to deal with the monetary gift I am collecting from church members for our pastor.
  • Bell choir practice before candlelight service
  • Get the candles and candle holders set up in the church's narthex.
  • Attend service
Then it's Christmas!

Besides the present for my wife that's in my closet, there is nothing left for me to do right now. Everything else is timing-related. So right now we are watching football.

I LOVE the deadline idea. Last year, I put a note in my “ November / December” planner that said “ start earlier! “ but I’m definitely going to set some deadlines for next year!

Clean the house tomorrow, because people coming over to my place Christmas day

Bake pies. Start tomorrows dinner (sous vide overnight).

Ran out of time to do the gingerbread house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter