• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WHAT Do you have left to do? ( holidays)

I need to take DS to the store to buy something for DD and DHand pick up more fruit and gift cards. I might make more Christmas cookies but not sure. All the gifts need to be wrapped and I will prep some brunch dishes tonight. Being sick for over a week threw off some of my plans.

Wrap my kids gifts, bake dessert for dinner at my house tomorrow, get in the holiday spirit. Not feeling it this year.

You know what, I just decided I'm just not going to do everything I had planned. Some gifts are going to stay in their Amazon packages and I'll be serving Rice Krispy treats and ice cream for Christmas dessert.

Apparently DH wasn't done shopping. He went to the mall this morning when he got off work :smooth:

The local TV news had a reporter at a mall this morning at 7am when it opened. He said it's the day when there are plenty of men shopping alone. Sure enough, a guy in his 50s walked by and the reporter talked to him and the guy sheepishly admitted he always waits until Christmas Eve to shop.

You know what, I just decided I'm just not going to do everything I had planned. Some gifts are going to stay in their Amazon packages and I'll be serving Rice Krispy treats and ice cream for Christmas dessert.
You go (or don't go - ha!) girl!! We're having sort of a "pivot" Christmas too. Plans weren't nailed down due to, well, reasons, and now we're kind of at loose ends. I decided yesterday to just stop striving and go with it. It's the first year in forever that we're not hosting or serving somewhere and it feels so weird. :upsidedow Turns out trying to "make merry" for just the 3 of us is tougher than rushing around from event-to-event and having a houseful. What little I had to do in terms of decorating, shopping, wrapping and baking is done and now all that's left is church tonight and figuring out what movie we're going to see tomorrow. :santa: I hope you have a warm and happy Christmas!

Last edited:
The local TV news had a reporter at a mall this morning at 7am when it opened. He said it's the day when there are plenty of men shopping alone. Sure enough, a guy in his 50s walked by and the reporter talked to him and the guy sheepishly admitted he always waits until Christmas Eve to shop.
We're typically last-minute'ers too. DH and I went out browsing on Friday just to check out what each of us might like and we went to 4 or 5 places. I went back out Saturday morning and got all the shopping done (I buy for everyone but myself) in about 4 hours even with running from one end of the city to the other. DH went yesterday afternoon (just to buy for me) and came home in about 2 1/2 hours. Although the traffic everywhere was an absolute gong-circus, the stores themselves were surprisingly not terribly hectic.

Our festivities started Saturday- big family meal and gift exchange party at the in laws on Saturday, big one at my house last night for my side- about 25 people-watched our pro football team's game, served a combo of tailgating/holiday foods. We still have Christmas morning tomorrow with dh and our 17, 19 and 21 year old.

I just wrote Christmas cards this morning. Finally had all kids together for a group pic on Saturday and immediately sent it to Walgreen's for processing. Still have 1 package to mail to dh's sister for her 7 month old- wasn't sure if they would come down for Christmas.

Frozen lasagna and Chinese take out and leftovers are on my radar the next couple of days.

Whew! A whirlwind. But grateful to have everyone here and healthy.

He got there about 7:15 and it was almost empty! He was looking for something for his dad, and it didn't take very long. I didn't realize we hadn't bought anything for FIL, so I'm glad he did!

Dh and I went out yesterday. The idea was to buy for each other. I had already shopped a little and got a few things and then gave up. The stores are out of everything!

We both found what we wanted annnnnddd can’t get either till after Christmas. Lol. Oh well, we will get our gifts for New Years.

He wants a new smoker and I desperately want a particular new set of dishes that has all the matching serving pieces and all will go well with the redecorating we are doing next week.

I have never been this unprepared. Making candy this morning. Wrapped what I need for mil’s tonight. Will finish wrapping and candy making later tonight. Tomorrow all the cooking for tomorrow night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter