What do you like most about The DIS Unplugged?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
I think bcvdreamer said it best in another thread..."I love the way Pete, Kevin, John, Bob, Corey and Julie are so natural and funny. It's like being a fly on the wall while friends are getting together for a weekly lunch." Even with all the laughing and joking going on there is a TON of info to glean from each podcast. It's really fun listening in. It's *almost* as good as being there in person....except not. :rolleyes:

I counldn't have said it better myself. I also enjoy the connection I feel to a warmer happier place when I listen to the podcast:goodvibes

Aside from the often gloriously brutal honesty and frequent delightful sarcasm, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the show is the pace of the show itself.

After listening to other Disney podcasts of which (based on the speed that they read their e-mails) I am convinced they get paid by words per minute, I like that the DIS Podcast members' conversation is natural and genuine. Pete does a great job of keeping everyone moving along (with the occasional "ga'head") and an equally great job of editing out the Bawb Pawses (unless, of course it's comically necessary to leave them in).

I agree with you OP. I love that you can hear the genuine friendship and the caring in their voices. I feel like I'm with a group of friends talking about what we love the most! except I don't get to say anything.:laughing: ;)

I also love it when Pete goes off on a rant. popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

mmm...good times. :goodvibes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DLBDS, you quoted me! :goodvibes

I'd also like to add the listening to the podcast is an escape from the daily stuff we all have to deal with...a mini vacation for the brain.

I love the rants too.

My reasons are exactly the same as bcvdreamer's! You truly feel like you're among friends when you're listening.

I also like the fact that it really is just a group of friends sitting around chatting. It's not over-produced. They actually do answer the listener questions.

I think after the Dining Review with Kevin prize is done, the next coveted prize should be getting the chance to sit in on a recording. Can you imagine how freakin fun that would be!?! Just to hear the stuff that gets edited out...

Pretty much everything? The fact that it keeps a little piece if Disney with me on my daily commute, the way the "team" works so well together, the fact that I feel like I know these people that I have never even met! :goodvibes

So like I said......everything.....keep em' coming! :thumbsup2

Before I get into why I like the show, DLBDS gave me an idea. Another great prize idea for the PodSquad could be awarding someone the ability to sit in on a recording of the podcast and possibly join in with a Rapid Fire? I would love that. I would be happy to keep Max entertained.

I like the podcast for the same reason, it feels as if you are among friends, having a cocktail after work, discussing the job, no one holding back on opinions or thoughts about the company. I like that Pete calls Disney on their price gouging and trying wring every last penny out of our pockets. God forbid we go home with 25 cents in our pockets ya know! I like Bawb's word foibles... he's like that guy you work with who's brilliant, but still cracks you up. I like that Kevin has saved me oodles of time, money and frustration by telling me what's good to eat at a good value or even for those occasional splurges. I'm heading straight for Pinnochio's the minute I hit the MK in June. I'll be banging on the door at 9:00 a.m. for Figaro Fries!! I like that John is sooo mysterious and flies under the radar. What's he hiding? :laughing:

I like that they delve into the smallest aspects of WDW, like Corey's review of the pools. I never knew half those things about pool shapes, etc. We get an idea of what shops to bother with and not bother with because of Julie's hard work ;) on Shop Tours.

It really makes Tuesday's a day to look forward to and I wasn't able to say that a year ago!

Aside from the often gloriously brutal honesty and frequent delightful sarcasm, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the show is the pace of the show itself...

This pretty much sums it up for me.

DW and I love it when the crew get going on something - the carpet matching the drapes, "it puts the lotion on its hands," and mo-gee-to moments. Kevin's reviews are great, and we really love it when Bob gets the rest of the crew started on something... From quite a few shows back when Bob did one of the kids tours where he was supposed to crawl across the floor of one of the counter service places, and he described doing it in Kaht Kam... and Pete describing Bob's driving when Bob uses both hands, let alone one... it hurts just to think about it, I laugh so hard. :goodvibes

I still enjoy the podcast, even if Kevin doesn't get the concept of sweet tea.... ;)

I agree with what everyone says but when it comes to what else I like most, I LOVE the segments. Store Tours, Send Bob to the Parks and especially the Restaurant Reviews. They are usually things I have never done and I can decide if I want to after their experiences, Love it!

At first, when I first started listening to various podcasts (no,sorry, guys, you weren't my "first"), I liked Pete and the gang because of the accuracy and timeliness of their news, and their open and honest opinions about all things Disney, which seemed to jibe with my own opinions. Then, I started to really like their personalities..THEN I met them...and it all fell apart...

JK!;) :rotfl2:

I'm now their biggest stalker....:love: :scared1:

I don't want to scare the PodSquad, but I think of them as friends. I'm never met them, but I really think I would like these people in "real" life. They are all honest about Disney and their opinions reflect my feelings a lot of the time. I can't wait to meet them all in person.

Kim

I don't want to scare the PodSquad, but I think of them as friends. I'm never met them, but I really think I would like these people in "real" life. They are all honest about Disney and their opinions reflect my feelings a lot of the time. I can't wait to meet them all in person.

Kim

Kim has summed this up perfectly for me! :disrocks:

In addition, this may sound a little crazy, but we go camping over the summer with several other families and the roundtable discussions always remind me of those times with everyone just relaxing around the campfire...shooting the breeze and solving all the world's problems after a couple of beers (oh, and there's usually a dog barking somewhere in the distance as well). Ah -- good times, good times!!!

The chemstry of the team along with the refreshingly honest reviews and praise is what gets me through the day :goodvibes

Ok I am going to jump in here to mention a few things I did not see mentioned above.

I think speaking at least for myself, That all those people that listen to the podcast and comes here to posts on the DIS Unplugged board are very special people. I feel the LOVE :love: that you have for Us and feed off the energy you all bring to the boards and our podcasts. :thanks: If not for You we would not be driven each week to dig for new things to bring to each podcast.

We feed off of your energy. You send us a tremendous amount of e-mails and letters each week. The posts each week are special as well. You have no idea how much that is appreciated.

Just knowing we can bring a smile to someones face each week makes all the hard work we do worth more than I can express.

So we have ruined a few computer monitors when they spit coke , or had people fall off of treadmills during a work out. It's was worth it right?

You all are the driving force behind the Round table team. All you do in support of us for the podcast really means a lot.

Now saying that if I could get your vote for President of the United States we will fix the world with fun and laughter. :lmao: :thanks:

Awww Bob, your post made me cry!!! I guess I better get to bed. I'm sitting here sniffling.

You guys are so awesome! Truly the best Disney Podcast. And a great group of people!!!!

Thanks for all you do!!!

And (again) Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day.:goodvibes

Oh and you definitely have my vote!!!:thumbsup2

I love the friendly feeling - I think it gives all of us the sense of community. I feel like I am listening to friends, telling me about the stuff I knew I wanted to know & the stuff I didn't yet realize I wanted to know. That comes right from what Bob wrote as well. As this board specifically has grown, I feel more connected to everyone else's questions, and then I get ideas. DH doesn't like that part all the time ;) At least I usually put those ideas into birthday presents for others.

Bob - Happy Birthday - I hope someone was there to pick up a Dole Whip for you!

I think speaking at least for myself, That all those people that listen to the podcast and comes here to posts on the DIS Unplugged board are very special people.
Special in a window-licking sort of way??? :lmao:
Just kidding of course!
**hand way up in the air** count me in as one of the stalkers - to be honest, I prefer a nicer name than stalker but I couldn't come up with one on thesaurus.com that still meant the same thing ;) so we'll stick with stalker..... Anyway, the reason why Tuesdays are so important to me and why I'd rather miss Christmas than the podcast cruise is because of the comradery between everyone at the table. It's like sitting in with a bunch of brunch and YOU are invited because of the way the discussion is laid out - everyone is talking - no one is talking to one person so the listener doesn't feel like they are being spoken to, we feel like we are part of the conversation. There are *laugh out loud* moments EVERY WEEK, which we love (new monitor or not!) And I think someone else already said it (Kim, maybe?) - us listeners, we feel like your friends. :grouphug:

Btw, Happy Birthday Bob - hope your Birthday Tuesday was better than my birthday Monday - ya know, when I went to vote for you yesterday, they weren't quite sure who your were....does that concern you at all? ;)

~Stacy

I like their unbiased honesty. I get sick of all the "sugar coated" reviews of Disney and I appreciate the Dis Unplugged's honest opinions on Disney and other attractions in the Orlando area.

When you are travelling from Australia, you can not afford to make costly mistakes due inaccurate opinion or so called expert advice.

I am always confident that I what I hear on this podcast is true and accurate.

Unfortunately, these attributes are rare these days, and a lot of the Disney online community could learn a lot from the standards that have been established by the Dis Unplugged Team. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter