What do you like most about The DIS Unplugged?

I was a member on the boards before I knew of the podcast. I downloaded an episode and listened to it on the train to DC one morning. All I remember was trying very hard not to laugh out loud. I was hooked. I've come to appreciate this team, their opinions, reviews and overall hardwork. I love the banter, friendly ribbing, going off on tangents and when Pete's "Jersey" comes out.

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob during F&W last year. I was on a buisness trip that I did not want to be on, not to soon after that. I was listening on my computer in the hotel when Bob made a passing comment during one of the episode that touched me. It hit me, these people were more then voices coming out of my iPod. They somehow sneaked in and became friends. I had the pleasure of being at the 12/6 Meet. In addition to meeting Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie and Bob, I met and got to know Mommyceratops (Kim) and Will's future MIL, Mindy. Mayhem in the making!

What I truely appreciate is knowing that where ever I am in the world I have friends at my fingertips.

Hi cocowum, Sorry I made you cry last night.

Thanks for the vote for President

You guys and gals are really special in my eyes.

I think everyone has summed it up for me :goodvibes It is the only podcast I listen to everyweek :goodvibes I have laughed,smiled,choked fallen out of my bed in hysterics :goodvibes .

The podcast rocks

Bob if you dont make president come over to the UK - I would vote you in as Prime Minister any day :thumbsup2

Now there is an idea!:thumbsup2

Would he have to drive the Kaht on the other side of the road?:lmao:

Indeed he would

and he would definately need a rain cover and blanket cause it is freezing here :rotfl:

I've been a member here for quite some time. I knew the podcast was around but didn't listen for two reasons. One, because I didn't have an ipod. I had an mp3 player, but thought I had to have an ipod. I'm getting old. Then my daughter got an ipod, and I thought I'd give it another shot. But, the second reason I didn't listen, is because I know all things Disney. Ask any one of my friends. They are trying to get me in therapy. But, I was bored one day, and I downloaded a show.

I stand corrected every week. Compared to you guys, I know nothing. NOTHING. If you wanted to start giving me parenting advise and how to improve my marriage, I'm sure you've got me there, too. I do listen to other podcasts, because you refuse to have a 24/7 podcast. But, I by far like yours the best. There are no cue cards. There is no script. You are just a group of friends sitting around chatting away. I love the knowledge possessed by the crew.

Now there is an idea!:thumbsup2

Would he have to drive the Kaht on the other side of the road?:lmao:

I'm happy to trade places with Bob :)
It is not driving on the wrong side of the road that will kill you, its' those dam haggis :lmao:

I like their unbiased honesty. I get sick of all the "sugar coated" reviews of Disney and I appreciate the Dis Unplugged's honest opinions on Disney and other attractions in the Orlando area.

When you are travelling from Australia, you can not afford to make costly mistakes due inaccurate opinion or so called expert advice.

I am always confident that I what I hear on this podcast is true and accurate.

Unfortunately, these attributes are rare these days, and a lot of the Disney online community could learn a lot from the standards that have been established by the Dis Unplugged Team. :thumbsup2

I totally agree with AussieJohn! In late '06 when I was starting to make plans for an August '07 trip, I tried listening to a couple of different Disney podcasts for help. The DisUnplugged was the only one that was able to keep my attention for more than an episode or two. A lot of other podcasts are a little too upbeat, too positive, and that makes it hard for me to distinguish what the person thinks is really good or just okay. Maybe I'm strange, but I don't know how to take someone's opinion about the stuff they feel is great until I know the stuff they feel is terrible. Even if I don't end up agreeing with all of their likes and dislikes, at least I feel can put their opinions into perspective if I know what they think falls into the categories of good, bad and ugly. You never get the feeling from the Podcast team that they would try to soften their opinion to avoid stepping on the toes of Disney or Disney fans, which makes their opinions more credible in my eyes.

The snarkiness to be found in the team discussion helps too. :laughing: It's enjoyable to listen to even when you're not planning your next WDW vacation.

DLBDS, you quoted me! :goodvibes

I'd also like to add the listening to the podcast is an escape from the daily stuff we all have to deal with...a mini vacation for the brain.

I love the rants too.

YES, I DID! :thumbsup2

One thing I thought was gonna be boring were the Store Tour segments. How many of us have money to actually go shopping at WDW? I certainly don't and to be honest...I'm not big on shopping anyway. :-)scared: shhh, Don't tell Julie!) I purchase most of our Disney stuff through the Disney Outlet online right before we go....So that the clothes etc. look new...as if we purchased them onsite. ;) Kinda lame. I know. ANYWAY, I've come to appreciate and indeed enjoy listening to Julie describe her ventures into the various stores. I'm hoping she moves out of World Showcase soon though as I would love to hear about other stores on property...and the reasonable deals to be had.

like previous posters I also really appreciate the honesty of the group. I had listened to a few restaurant reviews on other podcasts that left me scratching my head wondering if it was just me that had received below average food at certain restaurants...with so many choices it is nice to eliminate a few of the sub par restaurants especially since we don't visit as much as we'd like to.

I enjoy Pete's rants(sorry Pete)...it's funny because the announcement of the raised dining prices during peak time set me off during my commute to work...about 15 seconds later Pete went off and it made me start laughing and I found myself telling the IPod "good for you maybe they'll start listening to someone with a voice"...

wow... i just read my preview and I swear i am usually a pleasant person:)

fyi i was also tricked by the Motley Fool article on the 5th park. I usually like being a source of info for others and I looked like a bit of a tool after I realized it was "look into 2010"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter