What do you put on fish tacos?

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
I am wanting to make some good fish tacos. It's been a long time!
Anyhow, I am wanting something really good as a sauce to dress them.
Does anybody here have a favorite?
I would def. make my own if I knew where to start.
I noticed a Simply Dressed in the store, maybe an avocado poblano or something?

I don't really like anything to awfully 'tangy wangy', like citrus or vinegar.

Any ideas from you guys!

I have a few that I like. Rubio's is a California chain that's pretty good. They use some sort of sauce with battered and fried Alaskan pollock. They each come with a wedge of lime in the wrapper. They usually recommend their mild green tomatillo salsa. Here's a generic recipe:

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tomatillo_salsa_verde/

tomatillo-salsa-verde-vertical-a2-1800.jpg

There's another restaurant I go to that has pretty good happy hour fish tacos. Theirs come with a corn salsa. I think the fish itself is either battered/deep fried or blackened.

I prefer chipotle sauce on my fish tacos but I recently bought an avocado ranch dressing that would be really good on them as wel.

We do an avocado crema with cilantro and lime and shredded cabbage. I keep mine mild because of my stomach but you could spice up the sauce.

Usually pico de gallo and Mexican crema(which to me is kinda watered down sour cream. But sometimes we mix it up with homemade mango or regular salsa and ranch. :laughing:

And of course cabbage, cilantro, onion and lemon or lime juice... whichever we have.

We do cole slaw mix and then drizzle Cole slaw dressing. Mango salsa on top is really good, also!

I haven't done fish tacos, but when I am cooking a light/white fish I like to pair it with peach mango salsa, preferably the Wegmans brand. I am sure it would be good on fish tacos too. I don't find it to be overly "citrusy". It still has some spice to it also.

Anything that goes with fried fish works. I like fish tacos but I'd trade for a beef or pork taco if I could. :)

I’ve never had fish tacos but need to try them sometime. Hear they are delicious. So, sorry I can’t be of any help.

I make a white sauce for them:

1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Juice from 1 lime
1 teaspoon minced capers
1/2 teaspoon each of dried oregano, dill weed, and cumin
*I also add one seeded and finely minced jalepeno pepper and a teaspoon of cayenne, but if you don't like spicy, you can leave them out.

I add white sauce and shredded cabbage to my fish tacos, along with some chopped cilantro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter