What do you wish were in Downtown Disney?

Sunclytie

Mouseketeer
I just booked a trip for my daughter and me for the Food and Wine Festival in March (yay!) and because we live in Northern California we always fly or drive down a day before we hit the parks, so we’re always spending time in Downtown Disney. And I’m always thinking to myself, “I wish they had this store here” or “I bet this store would do really well.”
What would you most like to see in Downtown Disney? Here’s my wish list:
- a Birkenstock store (I know they have the comfy shoe store but I think a dedicated store would do so well)
- a Drybar to get your hair done in retro styles
- a dedicated HerUniverse or Loungefly store
- Uniqlo with their excellent Disney designs
- Customizeable Havianas
- A bubble tea shop
- Quick service tacos and burritos
- One of those places where you cook your food at the table (maybe a lawsuit waiting to happen but it’s so much fun)
- Conveyor belt sushi
What do you think?

1. For La Brea to re-open. Our favorite breakfast joint outside the park since we stay on the resort hotel side.
But since that ain't happening....
1. A good sushi place (love this to be in California Adventure to celebrate the West coast heritage and relationships with Japan)
2. A good local alternative to Starbucks. I'm from Seattle and love Starbucks, etc. But it's nice to have a good alternative that provides a different taste. Or at least can we activate mobile order for the Starbucks in DD?
3. Bookstore

- Quick service tacos and burritos

Technically, they have that, the Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's. But, it sucks. Like, it's trying to be a Chipotle/Cafe Rio type place, but with terrible food and just as expensive. So I'm gonna give you that one.

Or at least can we activate mobile order for the Starbucks in DD?

You can mobile order at the DTD Starbucks though. Just not in the parks.

Personally, I'd like a different ice cream option than Salt and Straw. I truly don't get the popularity of the place. I don't like their ice cream AT ALL. Gibson Girl and Ghiradelli have much better ice cream in the parks.

Not Downtown Disney per se but I would love two Joffrey's Coffee locations near the entrances to the parks. Just so you can have a non-Starbucks option when you're waiting for the gates to open or wanting a mid-day pick me up.

Gideon's Bakehouse. I don't think I'll ever make it over to the one in WDW simply because we never have the time backed in to head over to Disney Springs.

Technically, they have that, the Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's
I should have said, "good quick service tacos and burritos." :D
My kids would kill for a Panda Express.
I'd think that a Panda Express would print money in Downtown Disney.
Gideon's Bakehouse.
There's a really good bakery in Northern California called Little Sky Bakery - the cookies are amazing. It's less over the top than Gideon's, but continuing the California theme, it would be great if we could get another California bakery in, especially with the loss of La Brea.

Lotus of Siam. Similar to the old one on Sahara in Las Vegas when they had a 100 page wine list filled with well priced aged German Riesling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter