What do you wish were in Downtown Disney?

They just opened a temporary Indiana Jones themed bar at DHS.

They should make a PERMANENT IJ bar/restaurant where Rainforest Cafe used to be. It's perfect, theme wise. The building still looks like a temple. It's like, tailor made for Indiana Jones.
THIS

I feel like DTD is such a waste. It should be a space to add things hat can't fit inside the parks.

An Indy Restaurant would be a HUGE hit, I feel like when Simpsons also finally gets let go from Universal a Simpsons Restaurant would also be a hit.....but no....lets go with boring mall feel is what Disney is now aiming for

THIS

I feel like DTD is such a waste. It should be a space to add things hat can't fit inside the parks.

An Indy Restaurant would be a HUGE hit, I feel like when Simpsons also finally gets let go from Universal a Simpsons Restaurant would also be a hit.....but no....lets go with boring mall feel is what Disney is now aiming for

I don't think Disney has any desire to put Simpsons in or near any of their parks. They will likely continue to license it out to Universal for as long as they want to keep paying for it. It does great in Universals parks and I'm sure they don't want to lose it. It's easy money for Disney.

I don't think Disney has any desire to put Simpsons in or near any of their parks. They will likely continue to license it out to Universal for as long as they want to keep paying for it. It does great in Universals parks and I'm sure they don't want to lose it. It's easy money for Disney.
People keep saying this and I don't think Universal has any interest in paying Disney money for their IP when Nintendo (which they will be making movies with) is now apart of its family. SNW is making a killing and think Pokemon, Zelda, Animal Crossing and so on will bring in many more people into the parks

If Disney doesn't want the Simpsons near the parks, no idea why they bought them or so heavily market them on Disney Plus

People keep saying this and I don't think Universal has any interest in paying Disney money for their IP when Nintendo (which they will be making movies with) is now apart of its family. SNW is making a killing and think Pokemon, Zelda, Animal Crossing and so on will bring in many more people into the parks

If Disney doesn't want the Simpsons near the parks, no idea why they bought them or so heavily market them on Disney Plus
I for one would run screaming if the Simpson a made it to the parks. Not sure why Disney bought them in the first place. It just doesn’t “fit” for me - until Harry Potter I felt like universal just got the leftovers.

I for one would run screaming if the Simpson a made it to the parks. Not sure why Disney bought them in the first place. It just doesn’t “fit” for me - until Harry Potter I felt like universal just got the leftovers.
I mean the fit thing to me has gone out the door once Star Wars and Indy came into the parks. We have Marvel now which many said would not fit, Avatar isn't really Disney but is in the park making money.

But we will see, I think Simpson fit well at DCA or Hollywood Studios and Universal seems to be making lots of money off the food but with Nintendo, I see little reason they would keep Simpsons when they could add an IP they are partners with and really is drawing in more people willing to spend even more money

I mean the fit thing to me has gone out the door once Star Wars and Indy came into the parks. We have Marvel now which many said would not fit, Avatar isn't really Disney but is in the park making money.

But we will see, I think Simpson fit well at DCA or Hollywood Studios and Universal seems to be making lots of money off the food but with Nintendo, I see little reason they would keep Simpsons when they could add an IP they are partners with and really is drawing in more people willing to spend even more money
Good point about Indy and avatar. I did not understand the pandora concept but dang if that isn’t an amazing land!!!!

They didn't buy the Simpsons specifically. They bought Fox. The Simpsons were part of the package.

Universal isn't going to turn their entire park into Nintendo.

How would a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store do in Downtown Disney? As you know Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is the second popular candy store next to Sees Candies and it would wonders for Downtown Disney because a lot of people adore candy stores. Another idea would be putting a Ramen restaurant in Downtown Disney because ramen seems to be the "in" food trend today
Sees would make more sense for visitors to CA. But not like there isn't candy/sweets everywhere already.

They just opened a temporary Indiana Jones themed bar at DHS.

They should make a PERMANENT IJ bar/restaurant where Rainforest Cafe used to be. It's perfect, theme wise. The building still looks like a temple. It's like, tailor made for Indiana Jones.
YES.!!
Someone mentioned "Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar" & that would be perfect. (or any S.E.A. related type of place could work)

My choice... Is there a Sushi bar anywhere right now.? I know there used to be one in Paradise Pier (or whatever it was called years ago), but i cant recall seeing anything lately.

PS. i did hear that Steakhouse 55 was coming back.. is that correct?

Last edited:
I LOVE the idea of turning the RFC building into an Indy restaurant!! It's perfect!! DLgal, do you have any clout with the suits? 😁

As much as I love the Simpsons, I think it's far too darkly satirical to fit well in DLR.

Sees would make more sense for visitors to CA. But not like there isn't candy/sweets everywhere already.

YES.!!
Someone mentioned "Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar" & that would be perfect. (or any S.E.A. related type of place could work)

My choice... Is there a Sushi bar anywhere right now.? I know there used to be one in Paradise Pier (or whatever it was called years ago), but i cant recall seeing anything lately.

No sushi. Really no Asian food at all, although Din Tai Fung will address that, although they don't serve sushi there.

It is odd that there is no Asian food there. It would be so popular.

No sushi. Really no Asian food at all, although Din Tai Fung will address that, although they don't serve sushi there.

It is odd that there is no Asian food there. It would be so popular.
Splitsville actually has some shockingly good sushi, but it is so “hidden away” that I don’t think people think of it as a restaurant.

How about a Hangar Bar/Indy concept that features asian fusion/world cuisine - something akin to Yak & Yeti at WDW (which is the same parent company as Rainforest, I believe.) I still have memories of their ahi tuna nachos… Heck, since I‘m dreaming let’s include some Sanaa-esque bread service! ;)

Splitsville actually has some shockingly good sushi, but it is so “hidden away” that I don’t think people think of it as a restaurant.

How about a Hangar Bar/Indy concept that features asian fusion/world cuisine - something akin to Yak & Yeti at WDW (which is the same parent company as Rainforest, I believe.) I still have memories of their ahi tuna nachos… Heck, since I‘m dreaming let’s include some Sanaa-esque bread service! ;)

I said the other day to my husband "I always forget there is a bowling alley in DtD."

I literally never think of Splitsville as a restaurant. Sounds like they are trying to make it "a thing" with that outdoor courtyard renovation coming soon with the games and such.

That is exactly what I was thinking for an IJ themed restaurant. I feel like a mash up of Skippers Canteen and Yak and Yeti would be perfect.

I'd KILL for a Skippers Canteen in DTD! Let them rename it, even retheme it. Just keep that menu!

Between the Parks & the resorts there is so much excellent Disney-owned dining at WDW I just don't see why DLR doesn't invest some of that 'improvement money' in some Disney-owned eateries in DTD. One of the best things about Disney eateries is the way they cater for allergies & intolerances. The 3rd party places at Disney Springs & DTD? Eh, not so much!

I know Disney Springs is 99% '3rd party', but that doesn't mean DTD has to be.

That is exactly what I was thinking for an IJ themed restaurant. I feel like a mash up of Skippers Canteen and Yak and Yeti would be perfect.

I'd KILL for a Skippers Canteen in DTD! Let them rename it, even retheme it. Just keep that menu!
I'm with you guys!! I love the idea of an Indy-themed restaurant in the RFC building. I don't know what Skipper's Canteen is but I'll look it up. I've heard of Yak and Yeti but again, not familiar with the venue. BUT... what I like about that is that I could use my Landry's membership again :) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter