What ever happened to manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellyf62

If it is meant to be it will be
I am a long time lurker-short time poster, and over the last few days there have been some replies to threads that have been far from "nice".
Whatever happened to the old saying- if you dont have something nice to say about something dont say anything at all?
Some people come here with info to share, or questions to ask about the "Happiest place on Earth", and they have been treated very rudely....come on people....what is going on?:confused3

I am a long time lurker-short time poster, and over the last few days there have been some replies to threads that have been far from "nice".
Whatever happened to the old saying- if you dont have something nice to say about something dont say anything at all?
Some people come here with info to share, or questions to ask about the "Happiest place on Earth", and they have been treated very rudely....come on people....what is going on?:confused3

I don't know what post(s) you may be referring to, but I have noticed one poster in particular seems to be making sort of 'snyde' remarks that the OP or other posters could find offensive.

Maybe they will read your posting and tone things down a bit. :goodvibes

but i also think that alot of people may take this thread the wrong way.. soo just caution.. also might be better in the community room

IM Wondering too.. i know that crazy duck was rude in a post from amy pond.. :confused3

gisele is inapporiate at times i know that...:rolleyes:

:faint:

Being inappropriate at times, is a part of my charm. ;) he he!

Of course... it can also garner me infractions. I don't like those. I try to behave. But I am an Aries, who is part Latin and part Austrian. So it ain't easy. :confused3 ;) :scared1: :hug:

yes it apart of your charm ..just like i am a scorpio and libra...
anyhow if anyone is being rude ladies, just ignore it. you dont want to get a infraction or something.. its better to just leave the situation then to make it worse..

I dont want to be specific, maybe some people just need to re-read their replies to others before posting them, as some have come across as very harsh.

yes it apart of your charm ..just like i am a scorpio and libra...
anyhow if anyone is being rude ladies, just ignore it. you dont want to get a infraction or something.. its better to just leave the situation then to make it worse..

+1

Most of us are adults here. If someone says something you don't like on here or in real life, you should be able to ignore it; not everyone is going to always say things that you like. With the example of Crazy Duck, I didn't think pointing out the typo was rude at all. I thought the response to CD was rude, in fact. You can't get along with everyone so just take what you can with a grain of salt. Now if someone said something blatantly rude (i.e. name-calling) then obviously that's uncalled for and immature. Let's embrace our different personality traits instead of censoring them. :hug:

i definitely thought that person that posted about pot and so cal locals was a little on the less happiest-place-on-earth vibe.:thumbsup2

I too have been sharing the OP's sentiments these past several days. I seriously doubt someone involved in such behavior would see this thread as directed at them. But, I'm not going to name names or specific threads, as that will just start a flame war of grand proportions.

Witty sarcasm may be the intent in a post, but it very often (because it is not accompanied by voice inflections or facial expressions that convey the humorous intent) comes across as just plain snippy, rude, or put-down in its nature.

I've posted here more than any other forum I've ever belonged to, Disney or otherwise. Why? Because until now, I've felt safe here, not having to worry about dodging flames or having to build and protect an "online reputation." Lately though, that hasn't been the case, and I find myself not even wanting to lurk much. It's sad, because this forum, in particular the DLR side, has always been so much fun to be a part of.

I guess I'll go do :laundy: or something now.....

i definitely thought that person that posted about pot and so cal locals was a little on the less happiest-place-on-earth vibe.:thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Definitely.

OP, you should really go see what it's like over on the WDW or Community boards! :scared1:

I haven't really noticed anything of major concern lately. A couple of snide comments are eh. The real problems are with the people who blow things way out of proportion or have a superiority complex which always ends up in trouble. This will all be forgotten soon...:rolleyes:

CrazyDuck, you're fine. I probably would have reacted the same way. But I do think that you overreacted just a tad. It's really not that big of a deal. :goodvibes:

Now what did my poor Duck do? I am certain that Crazy Duck did not intend to be rude. I think he is a nice guy, that simply is like me, in that way and that we sometimes are taken the wrong way, because we might have a stronger personality in comparison to some people. I like to be honest with my thoughts and feelings, but unfortunately, sometimes it will be taken the wrong way, next thing you know, someone is complaining about your right to free speech. I am not going to worry about anything anymore. Because it is no good for your health. Seriously.

this is a public chat board, people will say things they don't mean rude but they will come across that way. I know I've been guilty of that myself, which is why I try to be careful to point out I'm not trying to be rude. :) But it's not just here, it's happening all over the Dis, altho this area is still the absolute nicest on the whole forum. Not everyone will get along, that's just a fact, fortunately most of us are able to be like turtles and let it roll off our backs. :) :)

Shelly, isn't it just as bad to accuse people of being mannerless here as it is to make snyde comments on threads elsewhere? :confused3

Shelly, isn't it just as bad to accuse people of being mannerless here as it is to make snyde comments on threads elsewhere? :confused3

I don't agree with you here, I think Shelly may be just trying to say that the Disney spirit is missing on a few threads and some comments are just a little uncalled for....

I don't agree with you here, I think Shelly may be just trying to say that the Disney spirit is missing on a few threads and some comments are just a little uncalled for....

So this thread is in the name of Disney spirit? It doesn't seem so to me.

Publicly complaining about the tone of posts without identifying the posts serves no purpose. The "offender" won't know that he/she has offended anyone and their behavior will not change. The moderators cannot take action because they have no idea who has offended you.

If you want to effectively influence the tone of the board, there are two quick and easy ways to proceed. Either express your concerns to the poster(s) (either publicly or privately) or report the message(s) to the moderators and let them handle it.

I'm often a jerk but I'm in a good place with that. I won't be offended if anyone tells me I'm rude.

So name some names. :)

popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter