What ever happened to manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally didn't find anything offensive in that thread. Sometimes dry senses of humor can come across the wrong way, and not intentionaly. What may be offensive to one person may not be to another. I peronally think that the OP over reacted. All of us are not out to attack any one member of the boards. I rarely say anything nasty, and when I do, there's usually a pretty good reason why I'm doing it. Either way I state my points why I disagree without making personal attacks. Perhaps the OP should view things the same way and lighten up a bit.

Now what did my poor Duck do? I am certain that Crazy Duck did not intend to be rude. I think he is a nice guy, that simply is like me, in that way and that we sometimes are taken the wrong way, because we might have a stronger personality in comparison to some people. I like to be honest with my thoughts and feelings, but unfortunately, sometimes it will be taken the wrong way, next thing you know, someone is complaining about your right to free speech. I am not going to worry about anything anymore. Because it is no good for your health. Seriously.

this is a public chat board, people will say things they don't mean rude but they will come across that way. I know I've been guilty of that myself, which is why I try to be careful to point out I'm not trying to be rude. :) But it's not just here, it's happening all over the Dis, altho this area is still the absolute nicest on the whole forum. Not everyone will get along, that's just a fact, fortunately most of us are able to be like turtles and let it roll off our backs. :) :)

Publicly complaining about the tone of posts without identifying the posts serves no purpose. The "offender" won't know that he/she has offended anyone and their behavior will not change. The moderators cannot take action because they have no idea who has offended you.

If you want to effectively influence the tone of the board, there are two quick and easy ways to proceed. Either express your concerns to the poster(s) (either publicly or privately) or report the message(s) to the moderators and let them handle it.

I'm often a jerk but I'm in a good place with that. I won't be offended if anyone tells me I'm rude.

So name some names. :)

popcorn::

I personally didn't find anything offensive in that thread. Sometimes dry senses of humor can come across the wrong way, and not intentionaly. What may be offensive to one person may not be to another. I peronally think that the OP over reacted. All of us are not out to attack any one member of the boards. I rarely say anything nasty, and when I do, there's usually a pretty good reason why I'm doing it. Either way I state my points why I disagree without making personal attacks. Perhaps the OP should view things the same way and lighten up a bit.

i personaly don't find CD a tad big rude. don' worry CD, your cool with me! he/she has a dry senese of humor that is taken wrong. just like with gisele, she and i are the most taken wrong people on the board. we are not trying to be rude as was CD, but sometimes people read it that way. and to put out a thread on one persons rudeness--well isn't that a bit rude in itself? i have to agree with skiingfast--this thread is not much disney it self really and probably no need to put out a whole thread on people's offenses and rudeness on the dis. if you have a problem with a certain member you need to let the moderators know about it and they will take care of it, that is why they are here. we can all disagree and agree on things but this is a public chat board we are free to may our own opinions and remarks an personaly CD your post was not rude, i see that amy took it that way, but she knows you have dry sense of humor and so do i and p-wings and gisels and well the rest of the board. and as we sit and talk about this one occurance have we thought to our selves how maybe crazy duck maybe feeling right now? to single someone out like this is just ridiculous--agree or not,but i think that maybe we should have this thread closed and no more talk of it rude people on dis. life is full of rude people you just need to LET IT GO !

thank you for listening...

i am funball and i support my own statment!

I am Gisele. And I too support my statements, and am unanimous on that.

NOW I see what set things off. I swung by Taste Pilot's Grill this afternoon to see if they'd really destroyed their menu. They haven't. Prices are up but the blue and chili burgers are still there. I didn't bother to check the lettuce offering. When I tried to call shenanigans on the claim, I found the thread closed. Apparently because someone was rude enough to refute the claim with facts.

If it was me, I would have left the picture up. :laughing:

NOW I see what set things off. I swung by Taste Pilot's Grill this afternoon to see if they'd really destroyed their menu. They haven't. Prices are up but the blue and chili burgers are still there. I didn't bother to check the lettuce offering. When I tried to call shenanigans on the claim, I found the thread closed. Apparently because someone was rude enough to refute the claim with facts.

umm yes thanks jtown it was not changed and i did take photo down as some disers thought it was rude to have it up. we were not claiming the op on that thread was rude but the fact that the facts were not straight! but milk has been spilt now! and so if disers want to think that TPG did chagne the menu so be it!

either way someone will not see eye to eye with anothe poster on this board. so what!

wait so you saying this thread on rudeness is my fault for wanting to post the real truth????

wait so you saying this thread on rudeness is my fault for wanting to post the real truth????

Hey, I'm just going with what people said in the thread. Apparently posting the truth is rude. ;) I'm sure CrazyDuck shares plenty of blame.

Since I'm a rude guy, I would have left the truth in place. To be honest, if I'd realized that thread had blown up to the point of lockdown, I would have taken my own pic today and posted it in a new thread titled "The truth about TPG cannot be silenced!" I almost went back to take a pic but I already had my shoes off and laundry going. I suppose I could go back for the fireworks. I might not get back again before they switch shows...

HEY JTOWN I posted the pick that same night in my funball thread! rflol..of course i would not let the truth be silenced.. besides i think shelly was reffering to crazyd's harmless yet dry humor toward amy pond on MM stuff..

Okay, guys, seriously...let the Taste Pilots Grill controversy die. It has run its course.

First of all, I have no clue who closed that other TPG thread. Whomever it was got to the thread before I did - but I would have closed it if I had reached it first because I saw the direction it was headed and because we received a number of complaints about it. You see, that thread was not closed because of a picture or because of "the truth" or anything like that, I am quite sure. It was likely closed because of the overall tone it was taking, which was negative.

So if the subject was sensitive enough to result in the closing of that thread, why continue it here?

Clearly, the OP of that other TPG thread either made an honest mistake or something was being changed on the board at the time the OP was there. There are ways to relay the accurate or correct information and to dispute something without making a big deal of it.

Whatever the case, the TPG mystery has been solved and we now all know that the prices have gone up and that those specific items mentioned as being gone are still on the menu.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree on the claim that the mystery is solved. Nobody who reads that thread will have any idea what actually happened to the TPG menu because it was closed without explanation. There is no authoritative statement explaining that the menu is intact with only pricing changes.

When reading that thread on its own, I see someone claim that the menu had been drastically changed. I see over a dozen messages expressing discontent and/or changed dining plans based on the information provided. Then something happened. I assume that the information provided in the original post was refuted with proof of some sort. But I don't know because the person was so soundly shouted down that she felt compelled to retract her statement. I find that very disturbing.

One of the reasons people come to this board is to get current, accurate information about the park. If posters can't correct misinformation without being shouted down then what's the point of contributing? Talk about the board taking an ugly tone.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree on the claim that the mystery is solved. Nobody who reads that thread will have any idea what actually happened to the TPG menu because it was closed without explanation. There is no authoritative statement explaining that the menu is intact with only pricing changes.

When reading that thread on its own, I see someone claim that the menu had been drastically changed. I see over a dozen messages expressing discontent and/or changed dining plans based on the information provided. Then something happened. I assume that the information provided in the original post was refuted with proof of some sort. But I don't know because the person was so soundly shouted down that she felt compelled to retract her statement. I find that very disturbing.

One of the reasons people come to this board is to get current, accurate information about the park. If posters can't correct misinformation without being shouted down then what's the point of contributing? Talk about the board taking an ugly tone.

As I stated earlier - if the subject was sensitive enough to get the other thread closed, you should all know not to bring it up on another thread.

I asked that this subject be put to rest. The facts about TPG were revealed. We received a number of complaints about that other thread - and the complaints were not about the OP or the inaccurate info about TPG, but rather the attacking tone.

And let's put it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter