What grocery services can I use and still avoid the $5 per package fee

Disney had to do something. Will all the blogs and websites that had a hot tip of ship this to your resort to save money, or ship your supplies from Amazon instead of packing to avoid extra bag fee, or buy all these things online to give your kids to save money on souvenirs a lot of people started shipping stuff a head of time. All those boxes had to have someone log them, track them, and there had to be somewhere to store them. What was a courtesy got taken advantage of and now there is a fee.

One would think that if everyone is shipping food/drinks to their resorts that maybe Disney would knock some of the snack/drink prices back in line with reality. When one can get an 8 pack of powerade for the price of 1 at Disney, 24 bottles of water for the price of 1, or 6 bottles/12 cans of soda for the price of 1, delivered to their resort, you're going to get massive amounts of deliveries.

We had a 2 bedroom DVC room during a Run Disney weekend last fall. Between 7 of us, we downed 56 powerades, 72 waters, and 24 cans of soda. At Disney prices, it would have been nearly $350 for hydration...absolutely crazy. We paid just over $50 at Walmart. Amazon would have delivered it for around $70.

One would think that if everyone is shipping food/drinks to their resorts that maybe Disney would knock some of the snack/drink prices back in line with reality.
Not necessarily. Disney isn't in the business of selling snacks and drinks. It's something they do as part of the business, to meet guests' needs, but nothing compelled them to create additional costs for themselves.
When one can get an 8 pack of powerade for the price of 1 at Disney, 24 bottles of water for the price of 1, or 6 bottles/12 cans of soda for the price of 1, delivered to their resort, you're going to get massive amounts of deliveries.
Which is fine, but now Disney - like other resorts (I'm looking at you, Las Vegas) is charging for package handling. In the experience quoted here, the poster would have had to pay just over $55 - still a substantial savings.

I don't usually say things like this but I can't help my self. People are worried about a $5 fee when they are paying Disney prices? I find that crazy.

I guess the point is that those of us who go to Disney often are paying higher prices every year and getting less of the perks that once were offered. It's not so much about the $5 but the idea that it's one more thing we're getting charged for that used to be complimentary....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter