What Happened?? Amber and Matt's Disneymoon May 2014 *UPDATED 8/14*

aw, your shirts are so cute ... though once you pointed it out it does look like "Mr. and Mr." in that one photo ... not that there is anything wrong with that (TM Jerry Seinfeld)

The ride photo for SM is right as you get going which is definitely different than like every other ride.

If you have watched it yet - watch a youtube of the ride of SM with the lights on - it makes it look even more like you are about to get decapitated :scared1:

Great start! Your t-shirts are really cute! Can't wait to see what you think of the new Fantasyland. We were there in March and loved it. :)

awalker1015 said:
Such a cute couple! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! :) I hope you enjoy!

OhioStateBuckEye said:
Hello! This trip report sounds like a lot of fun.

I like to read YA too! Read any good ones lately? I just finished Red Rising which I think is pretty awesome.

I love Coronado, that is my fav resort!

Hah you guy totally did look like Mr. and Mr.

The ride photos on Space are in a really weird place, like right when you take off. I have no idea why the pictures are taken that early because the ride really isn't even going yet.

Hey thanks for joining! I hope Red Rising on my nook but haven't started it (but then again, I have 140 books on my nook and have probably only read 50 so....).

I read a LOT of YA. My favorites at the moment are Cinder (it's like Cinderella and Sailor Moon... but in the future). Before I Fall (girl dies and has to relive the same day over and over again). Daughter of Smoke and Bone (demons vs angels). Forbidden (sibings fall in love...but it's not as gross as it sounds). Angelfall (Angel apocalypse).

Coronado was super romantic and really peaceful. I especially loved that there were more adults than kids. AND HAMMOCKS.

Alright thanks! Next time we will be prepared to take a somewhat decent photo! :p

JoeyEmmaMomma said:
Loving this! Following along.

Thanks for joining, I hope you like it!

DisDance said:
Subbing!! I'm also from the Chicagoland area, I love how you said midway= disney, I can't imagine flying out of. O'Hare for disney, because I'm always out of midway. Can't wait to read more

Oh yay! A fellow Chicagoan! :) O'Hare only exists for me when I have to travel internationally. I prefer Midway, it just exudes Disney (in my head of course)!

martinmont said:
Subbing'! We are going on our Disneymoon in dec! Living it thru you for now. Btw dies your button says honeymoon? I can't really read it on the photos

Ooh a December Disneymoon! How romantic (and smart, you two won't be in the sweltering heat)!

The buttons have an image of Cinderella's carriage with the words "... happily ever after." Super cute and get you park recognition from the CMs. Here is a close up:

DSC00058 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

Really cute, we're putting ours in our scrapbook (once we get around to making it).

IHeartDDuck said:
I'm joining! You guys are just too cute.

I'm wondering if we ever crossed paths at any point.

Thank you, thank you, keep the compliments coming! :p

I wonder too, I'll keep a lot out for you and your fam in our photos (that would be hilarious actually).

Thanks for reading!

bluechic03 said:
Congrats from a fellow Chicagoan (although I live on the East Coast now) I miss my lou malnati's and Portillo's

You know....for a Chicagoan I hate pizza. I know, I know anti-christ and all that. ALSO. Portillos was SOLD. Let us have a moment of silence.

Thanks for reading!

DaughteroftheKing said:
Hoping for more updates.

Your wish shall be my command!

TheMaxRebo said:
aw, your shirts are so cute ... though once you pointed it out it does look like "Mr. and Mr." in that one photo ... not that there is anything wrong with that (TM Jerry Seinfeld)

The ride photo for SM is right as you get going which is definitely different than like every other ride.

If you have watched it yet - watch a youtube of the ride of SM with the lights on - it makes it look even more like you are about to get decapitated

I love them! The other day Matt asked me when we're going to wear them again. :rofl: NEVER.

Matthew and I will have to pose next time. I think we were caught off guard! Mwahaha. And I watched that ride with the lights on, I think I would scream MORE knowing what was around me. That ride has so much going on! BTW You're going to be at Disney in four weeks! BE EXCITED!!

Goofy442 said:
Joining in!

Yay, welcome!

KellyK75 said:
Great start! Your t-shirts are really cute! Can't wait to see what you think of the new Fantasyland. We were there in March and loved it.

Thank you! Our Fantasyland reaction shall be updated momentarily! (I wanna go back).

FancyNancy said:
Looks like you got there on time after all! Did you make it for the opening show?

WE DID WE MADE IT! Unfortunately we got there around 9:15 so we missed the Rope Drop! Boo! Gonna start timing the husband's showers.

Last we left off, we arrived at MK (yay!), missed Rope Drop (boo), rode SM and took a lot of pictures. Then we realized that we were hungry so

FOLLOW ME TO FANTASYLAND
DSC00112 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
Fact: I got those shorts from Marshall's right before we went to the airport. Best life decision I could make.

DSC00119 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

And we are here and BOY was it worth the wait! I knew it was going to be awesome when I saw all of the fences three years ago, but it was bigger and better than anything I could have dreamed up! We were so distracted by the BEAUTY that is Beast's castle that we (temporarily) forgot that we were hungry!

We took a few photo with the castle in the background and decided to show off how awesome our shirts were, but failed in the process. Behold, our dyslexia.

DSC00123 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
That's right, Matthew and I are Mate Souls. Not to be confused with Soul Mates. :rotfl2: I also love that our photo pass photographer didn't catch it at all!

Oh yeah, we were hungry! So we wandered in the direction of Gaston's Tavern and OF COURSE had to take a photo with a fountain because Gaston=Matt's spirit animal. (does that make me his bar wench? Hmm)

DSC00126 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

Matthew has ADHD which explains why it takes half an hour to go get food. I don't have any excuses. I was just really excited. ._.

So finally we turned around and actually ENTERED Gaston's Tavern. Matthew ordered the GIANT Cinnabun thing, I ordered a pain au chocolate (because I love all things French and can't help it), and then we ordered ourselves two Le Fou's brew WITH the mugs. Just because we could.

DSC00141 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

That cinnabun thing was huge, the two of us couldn't finish it! Well we had carbs and we had sugar, so we were happy.

We walked out and see none other than the REAL Gaston and he was glorious! Unfortunately the line was cut off and we were advised to come back in half an hour. Oh well. To continue our Beauty and the Beast theme we went to Enchanted Tales with Belle. The line was only 40 minutes and it was new, so why not?

I must say, that queue made time fly! I spent most of the time looking at all of the details put into Belle's house.

DSC00158 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

Fact: Belle was 5 foot 8 at the age of 14.

We walked through the house/castle and Matthew was selected to play the knight, and he was such a happy knight!

DSC00184 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

Belle gave him a bookmark which he TREASURES.
DSC00186 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

I remember I accidentally bent a corner of the bookmark when we were packing to go home and he almost cried. I think SOMEONE has got a thing for Belle. Hmmmm.

We wanted to explore Fantasyland some more but we had a fast pass for Big Thunder so we made our way towards it.

DSC00209 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
Matt likes panoramic shots

I think we bought the ride photo for BTMRR but I can't find it. You all know how fun the ride is so I'll leave it your imaginations. :)

OFF TO ADVENTURELAND.

We had never experienced the Tiki Room (despite me playing the song... a lot) so we checked it out. It was clearly classic Disney and was really fun.

DSC00219 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

After the show, I attempted to get a Dole Whip MANY times but it wasn't in the cards.

You see, I had never had a Dole Whip and I was determined to fix that. Alas, I kept forgetting and got easily distracted by everything else.

By then it was around noon and the Castle show was going on. I think Matt really likes this show because he took a LOT of photos. Like...a lot.

DSC00225 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00229 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
I'm so happy that he's tall,

DSC00244 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

And then we were hungry again. Haha :yay:

See you at lunch, we'll even save you a seat for the Festival of Fantasy parade!

Great update, I love the pictures. I have teenage boys so that cinnamon bun would feed one of them. Have to remember to get one on our next trip.

haha - Mate Souls .... makes it sound like your souls are mating which I guess isn't terribly far off

I like how you are on your Disneymoon but stated that buying those shorts was the "best life decision" ;)

Ah, the Dream Along with Mickey show in front of the Castle is one of my favorites! We actually hadn't seen it before our last trip and we wound up watching it like 4 times! My daughter loved it which made me love it even more :goodvibes

Oh, and we are getting excited for our upcoming trip. and our Magic Bands came yesterday!
DancingBarb-1.gif

Silly photopass photographer....I immediately saw the "Mate Soul" before reading what you had written, and thought, "they should be standing in different spots." haha! :) The shirts are too cute!!

The Cinnabun does look huge! The Le Fou's brew looks yummy and the mugs are adorable!

It does appear your husband has a crush on Belle. ;) :rotfl2:

I love the castle show too. :)

Would you believe I have been to Disney Twice since the new fantasyland opened and I have not yet tried Lefou's Brew? I need to get some in a couple of weeks for sure. I just always seem to get distracted and forget about it.

First Comiskey, then Marshall Field's, then The Sears's Tower and Now Portillo's???? What is happening! My world has officially shifted :sad: I can't believe my family kept me in the dark-oh well probably just protecting my feelings :snooty:

But your TR is cheering me up lol love that pic of you guys by Beasts Castle-Definitely something you guys will always laugh about :goodvibes

Goofy442 said:
Ha! Well teenage boys may ask for seconds! And try a LeFou's brew! So much sugar but soo good!

JoeyEmmaMomma[/quote said:
Yeah I preferred the pain au chocolate, more my size!

TheMaxRebo said:
haha - Mate Souls .... makes it sound like your souls are mating which I guess isn't terribly far off

I like how you are on your Disneymoon but stated that buying those shorts was the "best life decision"

Ah, the Dream Along with Mickey show in front of the Castle is one of my favorites! We actually hadn't seen it before our last trip and we wound up watching it like 4 times! My daughter loved it which made me love it even more

Oh, and we are getting excited for our upcoming trip. and our Magic Bands came yesterday!

Haha mating souls! Can't lie about that one. :p

Hey marriage is great and all, but shopping for great deals will always be my first love! Just don't tell Matt that. >.> Aww does Olivia know all the words? Something about seeing a child in love with Disney makes it even more special!

KelleyK75 said:
Silly photopass photographer....I immediately saw the "Mate Soul" before reading what you had written, and thought, "they should be standing in different spots." haha! The shirts are too cute!!

The Cinnabun does look huge! The Le Fou's brew looks yummy and the mugs are adorable!

It does appear your husband has a crush on Belle.

I love the castle show too.

I know, you would think he would have arranged us to make sense but it's all good! We'll have something to laugh about for years and years!

I'm very confused about the mugs. My husband's mug has both the Beast and Gaston on both sides, but my bestie's boyfriend said that his mug only had Beast. Soo I don't know what it should look like!

And Lefou's Brew is good but I would share it with someone. So much sugar, I thought my teeth were going to fall out.

Ariel used to be his favorite princess, he think that may have changed! Haha. [/quote]

FancyNancy said:
Would you believe I have been to Disney Twice since the new fantasyland opened and I have not yet tried Lefou's Brew? I need to get some in a couple of weeks for sure. I just always seem to get distracted and forget about it.,/quote]

Really? Well now you know where you have to go in two weeks! LoL I understand about getting distracted, I'm beginning to think that I'll never experience a Dole Whip!

BlueChic03 said:
First Comiskey, then Marshall Field's, then The Sears's Tower and Now Portillo's???? What is happening! My world has officially shifted I can't believe my family kept me in the dark-oh well probably just protecting my feelings

But your TR is cheering me up lol love that pic of you guys by Beasts Castle-Definitely something you guys will always laugh about

Yeah Chicago has been getting sold left and right. A year ago there was a rumor that Giordanos was bankrupt...which I assume was fake because they're still in business!

Yeah we're always going to have to explain that photo once we put it in our photo album. Haha!

Alright so we had had a lovely time exploring The Enchanted Forest (I was not aware that Eric and Beast's castle were referred to as that. Good to know) and watching Dream Along with Mickey, it was time to eat!

We couldn't remember where we had eaten on our previous trip (looking back, I'm pretty sure it was Cosmic Rays) so we made our way to Liberty Square to assess our options.

DSC00251 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

And by "assessing our options," I meant Matt looked on MDE for food options while I took pictures.

Finally we decided to make our way to Columbia Harbor House. There was a cast member ringing a bell outside and Matt asked him what he would recommend. The cast member, Michael, was so nice! He told us that whenever he and his wife come for a day at the parks, they always order the same thing.

A lobster roll, grilled salmon, a bowl of chowder (to share) and two pieces of white bread for dipping.

So we went inside and ordered just that.

AND IT WAS DELICIOUS.

DSC00255 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

So we enjoyed our meal (a lot) and enjoyed our view even more.

DSC00260 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

We finally cleaned up and exited. Michael was still there ringing the bell with gusto. We thanked him for his recommendation and he was happy that we enjoyed it. He saw our "they lived happily ever" buttons and got REALLY excited. He congratulated us both and broke out into "Belle Notte." I wish I had gotten it on video but it all happened so quickly! I talked with Michael for a bit more and asked him how early we should get to the Castle to ensure a good seat for the Festival of Fantasy parade. He said to get there no later than 2:30.

It was already 2PM so we thanked him and made our way to secure a good seat!

I wish I had gotten a photo of Michael, he was such a nice man and you could tell that he LOVED his job. Have you guys ever noticed that it's the older cast members that exude the MOST Disney love? And they're always so proud, I love it!

So just like Michael said, there were seats aplenty! We realized that we hadn't taken the necessary photo in front of the castle and since we had plenty of time to spare, we checked that off of our "list."

DSC00263 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

We sat right to the left of the square and were greeted by another cast member. I remember his name of Geoffry (although Matt kept calling him Joffrey and making Game of Thrones references). Matt tried to get all of his "cast member secrets" out of him and asked if Disney will ever require the rights to have Marvel in the parks. And of course that started a whole conversation about legal rights and contracts, yada yada.

More people started showing up and so we were packed in like sardines.

DSC00266 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

That plus the sun directly overhead made for a GREAT time. >.> Geoffry kept thanking Walt whenever a cloud covered the sun. ALL PRAISE THE CHURCH OF WALT. :rotfl2:

AND THEN THINGS STARTED TO HAPPEN!

DSC00268 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

And so we waited patiently for the floats. Which never came. >.> From what we overheard, there was a delay.

You gonna make us wait? Fine, we gonna take a selfie!

DSC00275 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
Please note the man who decided that he too wanted to be in our selfie

DSC00278 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

AND THEN FINALLY. FINALLY. WE HEARD MUSIC.

DSC00296 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00299 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00304 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00305 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
My FAV Disney couple!

DSC00307 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
OMG it's Anna and Elsa! And this is the closest we'll probably ever get to them, because I'm not about a 3 hour wait OR SB+

DSC00311 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00313 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00315 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
So um...when is Flynn coming back to the Parks? I hadn't realized how cute he was! :love:

DSC00328 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00338 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00334 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00343 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
look at them flutter!

DSC00346 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00353 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00366 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00371 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00384 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00386 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

THEN END!

It was a BEAUTIFUL parade and I hope to catch it again!

The parade is over, where will we go next?

Joining in and subbing! Yay name twin! *high five* And Disneymoons are the best!

Your wedding dress was (is) so goregous!

That Space Mountain picture, it really shows how much fun Disney is ;) But yeah it's right before you start going up the life hill at the end of the tunnel.

Mate Souls. Sounds about right. Way better than those silly Soul Mates.

That is a huge cinnabun. But it looks delicious.

Yay for getting picked as a knight. ETwB is so cute.

Michael sounds like a sweetie and it's even better that you enjoyed his recommendation.

Great parade views! And Flynn does meet at the parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP) :thumbsup2 But he is a cutie.

Wow great pictures, we didn't get to see any parades when we were there in April. Maybe in November we can see some.

The parade looks amazing! So be there before 230 and watch from the hub ? Stealing that tip from you lol. Oh and your lunch, I'm already drooling, lobster roll!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter