What Happened?? Amber and Matt's Disneymoon May 2014 *UPDATED 8/14*

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - CHH is a pretty good place for CS in MK - and the views are amazing!

I do think you probably get more consistently good interaction with older CMs because they more likely are working there because they want to not just b/c they need a job and don't have a ton of experience. That said there are some amazing younger CMs as they have the love of Disney and are getting to live out their dreams - but there are also some for whom this is just a "job"

The parade looks amazing and glad you enjoyed it and survived the heat!

Yay for an awesome lunch and a wonderful CM! It does sound like he really loves his job. :)

The FoF pictures are great! I love that parade and can't wait to see it again. :)

Subscribing! My fiance and I are getting married NYE of next year and are planning on having our Disneymoon in early February 2016. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! :)

Originally Posted by Goofy442
Ha! Well teenage boys may ask for seconds! And try a LeFou's brew! So much sugar but soo good

Okay that's weird, this is not my original post?? If you go back and look that's not what I posted. That is so bizarre! Never had that happen to me. :confused3

Finally joining in! Your wedding pics are absolutely stunning.

HA I love the idea of people sitting at a bar and then belting out Let It Go. Perfect!

Space Mountain is one of my faves too. I'm always nervous to put my hands up because I worry I'm going to hit something!

LOL Mate Soul. Close enough!!

LeFou's Brew!!! It's life-giving. Good choice on the cups. I have the Belle one and I love it.

The Dream Along With Mickey pictures are great!

Michael sounds like such a nice CM!!

Festival of Fantasy is my new favorite!! Your pictures came out wonderful.

amberg93 said:
Joining in and subbing! Yay name twin! *high five* And Disneymoons are the best!

Your wedding dress was (is) so goregous!

That Space Mountain picture, it really shows how much fun Disney is But yeah it's right before you start going up the life hill at the end of the tunnel.

Mate Souls. Sounds about right. Way better than those silly Soul Mates.

That is a huge cinnabun. But it looks delicious.

Yay for getting picked as a knight. ETwB is so cute.

Michael sounds like a sweetie and it's even better that you enjoyed his recommendation.

Great parade views! And Flynn does meet at the parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP) But he is a cutie.

Yay thanks for joining Amber! Michael is probably one of my best Disney CM interactions, just because he was so geniune! :)

And thank you! My wedding dress was a story in itself. Discounted dress, last one in existence, in my size. THANK. JEBUS.

I want to be in ETwB next time! Belle is so pretty! :)

blg021576 said:
Congrats!! Following along!!

Thanks, so happy to have you!

Goofy442 said:
Wow great pictures, we didn't get to see any parades when we were there in April. Maybe in November we can see some.

Thanks! I don't know how long the FoF parade is for but I hope you can see it this fall! Sorry about the comment confusion. I probably made a mistake with html because what was quoted was actually MY response to your quote. Oops!

martinmont said:
The parade looks amazing! So be there before 230 and watch from the hub ? Stealing that tip from you lol. Oh and your lunch, I'm already drooling, lobster roll!!

Oh yes, please take all the tips you can! Disney is SOO overwhelming, and it'll be your honeymoon so get the best you can get! :) Yes, the hub has excellent spots, but you WILL be right under the sun. Blah. CHH was delicious, we actually ate there twice! Haha.

JoeyEmmaMomma said:
Cute update today!
I'm excited to try Columbia Harbour House on our next trip.

Thanks! I hope you get eat there, good food and a pretty nice view if you eat on the second floor!

TheMaxRebo said:
Glad you enjoyed your lunch - CHH is a pretty good place for CS in MK - and the views are amazing!

I do think you probably get more consistently good interaction with older CMs because they more likely are working there because they want to not just b/c they need a job and don't have a ton of experience. That said there are some amazing younger CMs as they have the love of Disney and are getting to live out their dreams - but there are also some for whom this is just a "job"

The parade looks amazing and glad you enjoyed it and survived the heat!

I also appreciate how quick the service is at CHH! We were going to eat a Pesco Bill's but that line....we were way too hungry to wait there! Oh for sure there are younger employees who love their jobs as well, we met a few CMs who loved their jobs at HS, but something about the CMs that have been there from Day 1 (or almost one) just touches my heart.

I loved our spot for FoF, if only it were cloudier. I hope it's not crazy hot for your trip!

KelleyK75 said:
Yay for an awesome lunch and a wonderful CM! It does sound like he really loves his job.

The FoF pictures are great! I love that parade and can't wait to see it again.

Yes, Michael is one of my favorite CMs of all time now! I wish I had taken a photo with him. Isn't FoF beautiful! Disney really outdid themselves with that one.

mspoppins14 said:
Subscribing! My fiance and I are getting married NYE of next year and are planning on having our Disneymoon in early February 2016. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

OH CONGRATS! I think a Disneymoon is the best way to do it, seriously. Our friends and family laughed at us when we told them where we were going but it's just such a fun and unforgettable trip. And lucky you, it won't be too hot!

CourtneyBelle said:
Finally joining in! Your wedding pics are absolutely stunning.

HA I love the idea of people sitting at a bar and then belting out Let It Go. Perfect!

Space Mountain is one of my faves too. I'm always nervous to put my hands up because I worry I'm going to hit something!

LOL Mate Soul. Close enough!!

LeFou's Brew!!! It's life-giving. Good choice on the cups. I have the Belle one and I love it.

The Dream Along With Mickey pictures are great!

Michael sounds like such a nice CM!!

Festival of Fantasy is my new favorite!! Your pictures came out wonderful.

Thanks for joining Courtney! You know, I think I'm a little tired of Frozen (well...the hype) but I'll never get tried of belting out Let it Go in public spaces. Haha.

I wish we had shared our LeFou's brew, it was soo filling, I could barely get through half of it and just nursed it for like an hour!

Alright so the parade ended.

We decided to head back over to New Fantasyland since we hadn't properly explored it. BUT FIRST, a selfie.

DSC00390 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
Please note that my ears are backwards (I had taken them off for the parade, gotta respect everyone's view yo!). I went around wearing them like that for an hour, Matthew said nothing.

We walked through Cinderella's Castle and got some photos of the walls.

DSC00397 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00401 by harkiquinn, on Flickr
I was a woman on a mission

Last year, when we were at Disneyland we rode The Little Mermaid and couldn't get enough of it. We rode it I think three times back to back, thankfully (and oddly) it was a walk-on ride. So of COURSE we had to check it out at the World!

I really liked the design for Eric's house.
DSC00409 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00411 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00414 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

We had no where to be so I struck a pose. My inner mermaid is pretty weak.

DSC00417 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

We got in line, the queue was actually pretty short-maybe 20 minutes? Since the Disneyland ride doesn't really have a queue, this was really fun for us!

DSC00422 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

As we expected, the ride was the exact same as it was at Disneyland, doesn't keep it from being awesome though! We hung out around the attraction for a little and a DVC cast member asked if we wanted to know more about DVC. Matt said yes, I was leaning towards NO. But hey, we went. She briefly explained what DVC was and offered us an hour long presentation at one of the locations. I was still leaning towards no, but the CM mentioned free stuff so Matt's immediate reaction was "YES." :rotfl: We agreed that we would be picked up by one of the DVC vehicles on Thursday morning for a timeshare-esque presentation.

After we signed up, the CM took our picture!

DSC00425 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

We made our way to Storybook circus and saw that there was an empty room full of FP+ CMs. We wandered in and got our fourth fastpass for The Haunted Mansion.

We continued until I saw a spot for character meet, hosted by Peg leg Pete himself! We went to see Donalado and Goofini because the line for the ladies was a bit longer (can't beat 15 minutes to see Donald and Goofy!)

DSC00429 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

DSC00430 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

I was really excited because this was going to be our first character meet of the trip (and I don't think I've ever met Donald before). We met Goofy first and he was tons of fun. The photographer had him check out our shirts and he was besides himself. We then showed him the back of the shirt and made the same mistake that we made last time, we were Mate Soul again! Luckily Goofini saw the problem and put us in our proper places.

DSC00431 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

Donaldo was next! We hugged it out and took our photo. Isn't his outfit adorable?!

DSC00432 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

As we left Pete's Sideshow, we caught a glimpse of a live performance.

DSC00448 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

They were really cute and entertaining, I was surprised because Matthew liked them and he is deathly afraid of Clowns (as he tells me his list consists of: clowns, Children in Victorian clothing, and porcelain dolls).

Time flies when you're having fun, because an hour had passed and it was time for our Haunted Mansion fast pass! We hopped on the train heading back.

DSC00457 by harkiquinn, on Flickr

The Haunted Mansion is probably one of my favorite rides, just because how beautiful the building looks and of course the interactive queue! Back in 2011, we came to Disney around the same time and everything was basically walk on so we spent a lot of time playing in the Haunted Mansion queue. We couldn't really do that this trip, a lot more people. Anywho, we had a fast pass so we bypassed all of that anyway.

Join us next time as some ghosts follow us home and we do something I have been trying to do since 2011.

Amber finally meets Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen

Great update!! No worries, just never had that happen before.
How is it we missed the clowns too, oh well there is always next time.

Great update! Too funny that your ears were on backwards and your husband never mentioned it! :lmao:

Yay for the Little Mermaid. I am curious to see what happens with the DVC presentation. :)

Goofy and Donald are too cute in those outfits! And the mate soul thing again = :rotfl2:

I didn't see the clowns when we were there in March. I had to laugh just a little of Matthews list with Children in Victorian clothing. I don't know why but that just made me giggle. :)

I've worn my mouse ears backward before! Thankfully my mom usually realizes it right away.

Great pics with Goofy and Donald!

I am in complete agreement with the things that scare Matt.

AHHHH PRINCESS TIANA

:rotfl: about your ears! My husband would not have mentioned it either? Once my eyeliner was smudged so bad under my eye and he dint mentioned it at all:confused3 when I got home and noticed it. I asked him why dint he say something so I could have fixed it, he told me he thought it's suppose to look like that lol. I can't wait to meet the characters! Did u guys took any pics yourself while meeting the characters or did u left it all to the photopass photographers?

It's possible Matt didn't realize they were backward? I'm hoping.

I think it's a strong mermaid pose. A for effort ;)

I love meeting Goofini and Donaldo. They're awesome, such great clothes and they're always fun.

Matt's fears are spot on. All of them are very scary.

And yay HM. It's so great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter