What happened to all the fast passes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So say they go to 50% capacity level and are still doing that in July. Are we all guaranteed you think to get into the parks because we have our tickets/resort reservations? I know there are so many unknowns and none of us really know how things will work, but I don’t want to go there and not be able to get into say Magic Kingdom in the day my fast passes are during my stay. Hope the resort reservation is our “guarantee “?
I also booked a breakfast at each park 😐 to get me in early and fastpasses . I booked pre park opening breakfast at MK and HS .
our AK DAY is a extra magic hours morning. So between all that and staying at YC will hopefully ensure we get in the park . I am sure it’s way overkill but I worry .

I don’t want to go there and not be able to get into say Magic Kingdom in the day my fast passes are during my stay. Hope the resort reservation is our “guarantee “?
I think the vast majority of guests feel that way, I certainly do. I can accept cut backs on things, but no way do I spend the kind of money we’re talking about spending on our resort to have getting into the parks be a roll of the dice.

So say they go to 50% capacity level and are still doing that in July. Are we all guaranteed you think to get into the parks because we have our tickets/resort reservations? I know there are so many unknowns and none of us really know how things will work, but I don’t want to go there and not be able to get into say Magic Kingdom in the day my fast passes are during my stay. Hope the resort reservation is our “guarantee “?

In Shanghai, they required separate reservations for park admission on specific days that they made available online. There is capacity for tens of thousands of people at WDW resorts so I don't think you can assume that they'll have a spot at every park for every resort guest every day. Far more likely they'll require you to sign up for which park you'll be in on a given day. It also might be the case that they use the newly limited fastpasses to determine who can enter which park on which day. I'm checking the website every day to make sure I don't miss it, since if they announce advance reservations, they will sell out very quickly.

I also booked a breakfast at each park 😐 to get me in early and fastpasses . I booked pre park opening breakfast at MK and HS .
our AK DAY is a extra magic hours morning. So between all that and staying at YC will hopefully ensure we get in the park . I am sure it’s way overkill but I worry .

Just remember that at MK, the only restaurants with a PPO advantage are CRT and BOG. If you book at crystal palace or the plaza, that might help with getting into the park, but it won't help with getting on rides because all regular guests without ADRs are allowed into the hub before park opening time.

Ok, just booked BOG for an early breakfast on our MK day and Tusker House early for AK day because of your post. 😄 At least it will maybe give me a little piece of mind.
My teenager politely asked me not to book the Hollywood and Vine breakfast at HS. She said she’d rather we take our chances then see Disney junior characters. She’s 15.

Ok, just booked BOG for an early breakfast on our MK day and Tusker House early for AK day because of your post. 😄 At least it will maybe give me a little piece of mind.
My teenager politely asked me not to book the Hollywood and Vine breakfast at HS. She said she’d rather we take our chances then see Disney junior characters. She’s 15.
I booked very early Oga Cantina for breakfast at HS.
I have MK covered too . Positive thoughts ❤

Our trip is July 10th-18th. I was able to get the rides we wanted. I needed to change the order of some of the days we were visiting the parks to get fast passes we wanted. Needed to be further into our vacation to get some of most popular ones. When we went 2 years ago in July, the same thing happened. We needed to do FOP later in the week to get and Slinky Dog was in the evening. It really wasn't different in how we normally plan for our fast passes.

In Shanghai, they required separate reservations for park admission on specific days that they made available online. There is capacity for tens of thousands of people at WDW resorts so I don't think you can assume that they'll have a spot at every park for every resort guest every day.
The resorts will not be at capacity, or anywhere near it, during the initial opening period when park attendance will be at its most limited. I've done a lot of recent tweaking to our late July reservations (which will probably be during the first reopening phase of WDW parks), and resort and ADR availability is wide open. I've never seen such easy availability in 10 years of trips. That (as well as logic- many Americans obviously aren't going to travel cross-country to stay at WDW this summer for health and/or economic reasons) indicates that resorts will not be at or near capacity when WDW reopens. So they probably will be able to accommodate resort guests in at least one park per day. Which park (if they don't allow hopping), will probably be based on FP reservations. This might be why so many resort guests currently booking FPs for July are saying availability is unusually limited, despite ADRs and the resorts themselves being wide open for booking.

No FP +
The try rope drop
Get to the Park early = so you can get in if only 30% full allowed
The go to the best ride you want to do
Less wait time with no FP+

The resorts will not be at capacity, or anywhere near it, during the initial opening period when park attendance will be at its most limited.
This will be especially true if they open in mid June. Since they've cancelled reservations with start dates up to 6/13, a lot of reservations that started in the end of that time frame extended out well into later June. If they open the 14th or 15th (absolutely possible) the resorts will have a lot of empty rooms. I don't think capacity is going to be an issue.

This will be especially true if they open in mid June. Since they've cancelled reservations with start dates up to 6/13, a lot of reservations that started in the end of that time frame extended out well into later June. If they open the 14th or 15th (absolutely possible) the resorts will have a lot of empty rooms. I don't think capacity is going to be an issue.
They might even start with the resorts closed, just to first focus on procedures within the parks. Who knows.

Been going to Disney World every year for 10 years. Always log on at 6:00am central at the 60 day mark, and always get my fast passes. This morning almost every “top” ride was already gone. No Pandora, no Mickey/Minnie railway (which I had for our cx March trip), no SDMT, and on and on.
There were some like splash mountain/etc, but it’s just not the norm and so strange.
July 14 is our arrival. Oh well. Maybe I counted our 60 day out wrong. Covid brain.

I'm surprised. We have a July 10-17 trip planned and I went on at the 60 day mark and didn't find anything different than before. I always work backwards though for the top rides figuring the early part of my trip is likely booked by people who are at the tail end of their trips on the 10th.

They might even start with the resorts closed, just to first focus on procedures within the parks. Who knows.
Perhaps if they do trial runs like Universal- CM's, then AP's for the first couple of days. Disney makes their money off resort guests, they aren't going to lose that revenue if they can possibly help it.

I did mine for July 11 trip, now July 13 trip. I had 8 days and got all the main rides towards the end of my trip but most of them not until evening but it was much better than the options I had for June. I agree that resorts reservations are down (at least with DVC) for July so FP should be easy. I am guessing they cut back on the number offered. Now having 8 days certainly helped in getting what I wanted.

I booked my FP yesterday morning for a July 23 arrival. FP availability was normal. MMRR was available at 60+4 as was SDD. I had no issue getting 7DMT either. I was nervous after reading so many negative reports of earlier trips with severely reduced availability, but I was pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed that the parks actually open in July and that too many rides and shows don't close.

I booked my FP yesterday morning for a July 23 arrival. FP availability was normal. MMRR was available at 60+4 as was SDD. I had no issue getting 7DMT either. I was nervous after reading so many negative reports of earlier trips with severely reduced availability, but I was pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed that the parks actually open in July and that too many rides and shows don't close.

Disney has said they plan to do a staggered/phased reopening where the attendance increases week by week. So increased FP capacity as july progresses would be consistent with that.

Disney has said they plan to do a staggered/phased reopening where the attendance increases week by week. So increased FP capacity as july progresses would be consistent with that.
This makes so much sense, it would definitely explain the lack of availability.

Edited to add: I just looked on the Dibb and we're at up to 7 days out on headliners. Looks like it's tightened back up- for who knows what reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter