What Happened to the Thread of the Bride Whose Wedding was Moved? Or, what happened?

Rora

<font color=darkorchid>I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn
I was in the middle of reading it when it vanished!! I didn't get to see what DFTWS said!

My heart is breaking for this bride. Can anyone fill me in?

I've been refreshing the "new posts" tab every minute or so, and I haven't been able to find it, either. I wonder if it's being edited, since people were bashing all sorts of Disney employees and such.

I was just about to post the same question. I can't believe it would get removed! Update please someone! I wasn't finished reading!

: (

Good for the OP, moving on with her life and her wedding and getting rid of the chatter and craziness.

She tweeted 20 minutes ago that she was getting tired of it and was going to ask to have it removed.

Something is going on as the OP's count went down from 38 posts to 9 after the thread disappeared :confused3

I was hoping to hear what the outcome of all this was as I'm sure everyone else who commented or was reading the thread must feel :confused:

Perhaps Disney had a say in closing this???

I don't know... I was following it too. The last post was by someone saying that the DIS doesn't allow "personal attacks on CMs", which had NOT happened in the thread. All I can think of is that the bride decided to delete it because she wanted to focus on her wedding and just cut out the negativity from it having gone viral, or someone MISREPRESENTED what was in there and it was deleted. If the latter is the case, that is an appalling cover-up.

As others have said, on her twitter she said she asked to have it removed, didn't say why. Personally I don't agree with that because it is an issue that is and could affect others, so there should be a place where people can talk about it, but I do sympathize if the reason was that she wanted to focus on her wedding. I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but it does seem a bit odd. Here's to hoping that everything with her and others' weddings will be worked out and all the upcoming brides there will have a magical day.

Per her Twitter account:

"WaltSentMe007

Getting pretty tired of my viral forum thread. Seeing if it can be pulled from the site."

If Disney had any say in it, they would need to have removed all other postings of it on the other sites like Touringplan and The Disney Blog.

Im guessing that she got a resolution that they were happy with and part of the conditions was to have this shut down. So she requested it.

Does anyone know what came of her phone meeting with DFTW?

Last I read of the thread she was getting a LOT of negative comments from Disney fans saying she was being unreasonable, etc and more or less that Disney wasn't in the wrong. If it were me I would get tired of that and want it to stop as well. Just sayin...

they offered her a couple options that for various reasons weren't hitting the mark with her. Not completely resolved, hopefully they can find some middle ground.

As far as attacking a CM - i know the wedding planner's name was mentioned in the middle of the thread, so that could have been what the Mod was referring to - not sure though. The thread was removed at fashionista's request, according to her twitter.

I think all the haters who were following the link from all the publicity were starting to turn the thread from one of support and geniune concern, into one where she was being made the villian for not appreciating the fact Disney was "letting her get married there". People who also weren't reading the entire thread were also starting to assume things and/or say things that were completely wrong, which would've led to lots of rumors and other misinformation starting to spread.

I can't blame her for wanting to not have to deal with all that crap, or constantly defend herself.

I still hope things work out for her, and that maybe we might get some information on what actually becomes of the mess.

I hope she has the wedding of her dreams and they reach a conclusion everyone is happy with. If anyone has solid info, please post!

She was going to find out tomorrow if they can halt the construction during her ceremony. Even if they can, i know she said that wasn't really enough after all she went through. I hope they offer her a vow renewal next year or something to make it better, even if they are able to halt the dredging for her ceremony. I don't know if she'll start another thread with that outcome - you could follow her on twitter, she's been posting there as well. I know i'm curious as to how this is going to be resolved for her.

I don't have a twitter but if the issue gets resolved can someone post? I'm really hoping this all works out for her, I feel so bad for what she's been through.

I'm following her on twitter, and if I see any update i'll post - she did confirm that she asked to have the thread removed. I think the turn to negative town was too much for her. Everyone has a right to their opinion, of course, but i think on top of everything else she needed to just shut it down.

Could someone PM me the name of her Twitter account? I woulf like to follow her as well. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter