What Happened to the Thread of the Bride Whose Wedding was Moved? Or, what happened?

Glad to hear it worked out to your satisfaction! Have a great wedding and a wonderful marriage!

YEAH Disney! I'm so happy they handled it to your liking. I hope you have a great wedding, now go eat something and book a massage or something! You deserve it!

Whew. Glad they (finally) lived up to expectations. Though I still think they could have (and should have) kept this from happening, nice to know it finally came out ok.

Of course, we're going to want to see pictures... just sayin'. ;-)

I'm still glad you posted here and that it went 'viral'. It was maybe a wake up call to Disney. And some of us will think carefully about making bookings like this...not to mention very carefully reading the contracts.

I've been wondering what happened to the original thread too. Fashionista007 - Good luck. Hope you have a fantastic wedding, be sure to tell us all about it afterwards.

Yay!!! I'm so glad they pulled through for you and did the right thing!!!! :goodvibes & I'm mostly glad that your stress is gone and you can sit back and look forward to your wedding with ease-they way you deserve!! :grouphug:

I am dying to know where your venue will be! Are you still at the WP or did you end up with a different location?

Oh sweetie I am so pleased for you!!! Have a magical day and don't forget to come back and tell us all about it (and of course, maybe post some photos!!). Sleep well, you deserve it!!

The curiosity may kill me. I need to know how it ends, I got emotionally involved.

I can't wait to see your pics and trip report and am so happy everything worked out.

Have a wonderful wedding!!! and an awesome honeymoon!!

Today's call went much better than yesterday. It definitely helped that I had that forum thread deleted because it was mentioned in today's conversation and they appreciated that I did that yesterday after it went viral. I can't divulge too many details but what came out of this was that we got the Disney customer service that we all have come to know and love. They were much more apologetic and willing to bend a little. We came to a good agreement and Jason and I are still leaving for our trip in 22 days!!!

I am absolutely exhausted and I haven't eaten in a very long time. I'm gonna get myself some Mickey D's for comfort food and then take a well deserved nap. I am SO glad I'm coming home tomorrow!!! :sohappy:

Thank you all SO much for your support. I'm sorry this happened but I'm glad it was handled to our satisfaction by DFTW.

Excellent news. Have a great wedding!

So so glad to hear this!! I knew they'd come through (although I think we were all pretty worried there)! :hug:

Thank you DFTWs and Disney for fixing this!!

Thanks to everyone here for your support and pixie dust! We are still getting married at the Wedding Pavilion but I can't say when. Just know that it has always been my dream of getting married there and I'm SO happy it worked out. I will of course post a trip report afterwards. I'm so touched that so many people were emotionally invested in my story. :grouphug:

I hope that the one thing people learn from my story is that you do NOT have to be Bridezilla to get what you want. Our conference calls were always calm, never became heated and myself, Jason, and my father were never rude or out of line. If you handle the situation as a mature adult and just pursue the result that you want, you will be happy :woohoo:

Disney may have their monumental screw ups (I know, my family has been on the receiving end of some HUGE ones!) but when they recover they do it beyond expectations.

I am so glad things worked out and that the OP is happy! :goodvibes I can't imagine her stress over this, and I can't wait to see the pictures from her big day!

As a note, though, Disney does not always recover beyond expectations. Or perhaps they only do so when enough media attention is paid to the problem. I honestly did not expect Disney to come through (they sure didn't for me), and am thrilled for the OP the they did. :woohoo:

I'm very relieved for you that everything worked out (probably more than I should be considering you are a complete stranger :lmao: )

I do have a question though - is it disney weddings that is requesting you keep your wedding resolution a secret or is just something you'd like to keep between yourself and your guest until after the big day? - If so, I completely respect your decision for privacy.

Also, you had mentioned that disney brought up during your conversation your post on the forum and I find that a little inappropriate as this is an open forum where your should feel safe to express yourself and opinions and shouldn't have to worry about disney holding a "grudge". I respect that YOU wanted to remove it because some people didn't understand what you were going through and mistook your venting for being a "bridezilla" or whatever - honestly you handled it far better than i ever would have :worship: I'm just trying to understand the situation better. I don't want to assume they said or did one thing when they didn't. My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage for the past year and I've dreamed of a disney wedding, specifically the boardwalk, ever since my grandpa walked me through sea breeze point as a little girl but something about their business tactics as of late is really putting me off.
Sorry for all the questions and again so happy for you and I can't wait to read all about your day! :goodvibes

Do all the supporters know what your "demands" were to make the situation right? That this bride asked for

"1. 100% Refund, we are not paying a dime for our wedding or honeymoon, including dining
2. Venue change to the Cinderella Castle courtyard
3. All of our guests should be able to stay on property for free with free park passes AND dining
4. Jason and I should get lifetime passes to all 4 WDW parks, water parks, and Disney Quest
5. Free Vow Renewal at the WP in 1 year"

Seriously? Isn't this public demand sort of extortion? (Lawyers, anyone?)

Do all the supporters know what your "demands" were to make the situation right?

Why are you bringing this up when the situation has been resolved? Why bring up a quote, out of context, from a deleted thread? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the OP state all along that the "demands" were her venting, and were certainly never presented to Disney?

I don't know what she did or didn't say in her correspondence with WDW, only what she herself posted on-line, including:

"I am going to tell them that if they do not comply with these requests, I am going to seek legal council for emotional distress. That's my plan, everyone please pray for me and I will keep you posted on what happens."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter