• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What have you done a complete flip on

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
with your belief in your adult life. (please dont go for low hanging fruit and go political)

Police brutality ( Im still always on the cops side unless you could prove me them wrong) but I would here people say, the cops beat the heck out of this guy, or what ever, I thought "right" . Then I seen the Rodny King video, it hit my belief system right in the nose.

Not me but my DH swore Barney the purple dinosaur would NEVER air in our home. Well, we got a Barney VHS as a gift for my daughter from someone when she was about 4. I put it in and both kids were mesmerized! They were quiet for a solid 30 minutes. Barney made an appearance regularly with not a peep from DH!:rotfl2:

Not me but my DH swore Barney the purple dinosaur would NEVER air in our home. Well, we got a Barney VHS as a gift for my daughter from someone when she was about 4. I put it in and both kids were mesmerized! They were quiet for a solid 30 minutes. Barney made an appearance regularly with not a peep from DH!:rotfl2:

I get it, Barney was quite addicting

Drinking Alcohol. I used to be pretty against it in general (odd considering I made my living working for a brewery). Now I must say I thoroughly enjoy it, especially visiting different breweries.

Drinking alcohol and smoking.

I think I had more alcohol (beer) before I was 21 than in all the years since, and I am 75. Smoking...I used to smoke 2 packs of unfiltered Camels a day. Started smoking at 13, stopped at 28. Now, I can't even stand to be behind a car with a smoker in it with his/her window open and mine closed. I can not stand smoking!!!!! Legal murder.

I have lightened up a lot on my religious beliefs. I swore my kids would have nothing to do with Pokemon. We just saw Detective Pikachu last week and I bought my middle son his first pack of Pokemon cards. The other big thing is my feelings on ADHD. You never really GET it, until you deal with it. My middle son has it. He is medicated. I swore I would never do that. It has been a godsend.

I was a young conservative in high school. Listened to AM talk radio and everything. By the time I hit college, I had become more of a moderate.

Now? Super duper progressive.

I also went from a "good Catholic boy" who really didn't truly understand it, to an agnostic, to a Mainline Protestant.

Other people's views on every topic we are forbidden from discussing on the DIS because after nearly 62 years I have discovered, it really doesn't matter.
:thumbsup2 Agree wholeheartedly! And quite a while ago I lost any desire to argue with anybody over those types of issues. If asked respectfully, I am happy to state my views and give a cogent, sincere explanation of why I hold them. But I really can’t be bothered to initiate that kind of exchange and as far as feeling I need to defend myself, or that I have the power to change anybody else’s mind? Forget it.

Another good Catholic boy freed from the bonds of parental indoctrination begun at birth to thinking on my own without a deity. Improved stress free, self aware, taking full responsibility for all actions and results life.

From voting against gay marriage in Michigan several years ago to “live and let live” for everyone. I was so against gay people, but then started thinking that maybe my selfish views were just like back in the 50’s and 60’s where people were so against mixed marriages. I saw nothing wrong with mixed marriages, and didn’t understand why some were so against it. So, same thing for gay marriages. Not my place to judge. Live and let live.

I think extreme views on either side wind up cancelling eachother out so things eventually wind up in the middle. There's nothing wrong with being in the middle, except that it doesn't seem to be a very popular place to be today.

Let's see - I said I'd never want to go on a cruise, but then became a Disney fan and saw they offered cruises, so did a turnaround on that. I also recently switched car brands, which was a big thing for me after so many years of buying one brand. I also got a different type of dog from what I'd always had, friends couldn't believe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter