What if Boarding Gr time conflicts w/ dining resos ?

Can't speak to Rise of the Resistance, but we showed up 4 hours late to Webslingers yesterday and they didn't bat an eye (we were flying in and knew we wouldn't make it on time, but figured we would take our chances on getting a late boarding group at 7 since we wouldn't be in the park at 12 to try then).

I’m brand new to the Boarding Groups and virtual queues for Rise and Webslingers … first DLR visit in almost 2 years coming soon!

I think I have the queuing system for the two rides mostly figured out … thanks to the info here.

I have a bunch of dining reservations for our visit — all guaranteed to my credit card with a $10 per person penalty if we no-show.

(From experience, I know that trying to do a same-day dining cancellation is (a) by phone only, not online, and (b) therefore a very, very long process with a lot of wait time on hold.)

What happens if our ride boarding group time conflicts with one of those guaranteed dining reservations?
Am I stuck choosing between either skipping out on the ride, or forfeiting $40 for the four of us?

We had a similar conflict with Savi's Workshop. Our workshop time conflicted and we weren't sure what to do - we stopped at ROR on our way to Savi's and they said go to Savi's and they would let us on ROR late - just show our receipt or our light saber. My son was freaked out because he didn't want to miss either one, but we asked several people to be sure and got the same answer. We ended up being like 30 minutes outside our 1-hour "grace period" for ROR and it was totally fine. Also it was amazing :)

We may have an issue today. We were able to get a boarding group for ROR today but the ride continues to do down which continues to push our wait time later and later. We just left the park to check in to our hotel, shower and then possibly try to go back and ride. We may be a little late. Frustrating how many times ROR has gone down today.

We may have an issue today. We were able to get a boarding group for ROR today but the ride continues to do down which continues to push our wait time later and later. We just left the park to check in to our hotel, shower and then possibly try to go back and ride. We may be a little late. Frustrating how many times ROR has gone down today.
I know others have mentioned that CMs have commented on their late arrival, but I’ve never had anyone even mention it. And I don’t think there’s ever been a single report of someone actually denied entry for being “late.” So while the breakdowns are frustrating for planning purposes (and might prevent you from riding if they never get to your group), I wouldn’t worry for one second about “missing” your window.

Slightly off topic. I wonder if the Genie+ service will recognize when you have dining/activity reservations and adjust accordingly ... that may or may not work out well. But, for example, if the service knows I'll be in Galaxy's Edge for a Savi's Workshop reservation, followed by an Oga's Cantina reservation, it would be ideal for my ROTR boarding group to before/after the reservation timeframe. That said ... if the ride goes down, the timing is off ... hmm ...
We were commenting that this would be nice on the last trip.

We had a hard-won 12:40 Cafe Orleans reservation on a holiday weekend, and one party member that added last minute wanted Savi's and was able to grab it at 1:30p. Our RoTR group came up at 1230. We ended up going a little late to CO and asked for food to be rushed since we had Savi's, and the restaurant told us next time just do the ride & Savi's and they would have been happy to honor our reservation whenever we were done with the other stuff, that they take people late all day due to board groups. But they were also happy to rush our food, and so half the party was able to eat before running to Savi's and the other half stayed and enjoyed a lingering dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter