What Imaginary RunDisney Race do you want to race in?

I love all the ideas!

I think a Christmas-themed race would be fantastic! That lull right before the big Holiday rush between Thanksgiving and Christmas really could use a big event to help draw runners in. Plus the weather is cooler and better for running in Orlando. Don't know if that would be too close to the annual Marathon in January, but I think it's needed.

This would be especially great. And it could be in the evening since the parks close so early that time of year.

FYI I can't name my source, but I do know that RunDisney is looking at holding another 1/2 marathon next year at WDW. We will probably hear about it by June. Not sure when it will be held though I'd probably say before the summer 2016. I'm personally guessing it will be in early May to replace Expedition Everest Challenge if it's indeed going away.

Last edited:

FYI I can't name my source, but I do know that RunDisney is looking at holding another 1/2 marathon next year at WDW. We will probably hear about it by June. Not sure when it will be held though I'd probably say before the summer 2016. I'm personally guessing it will be in early May to replace Expedition Everest Challenge if it's indeed going away.

I was at Everest this past weekend and they did "tease" us with an announcement about "you're going to like Everest's replacement- don't worry"....I really need to find a second job.

I was at Everest this past weekend and they did "tease" us with an announcement about "you're going to like Everest's replacement- don't worry"....I really need to find a second job.
I am in for a replacement run. May would have to be a night run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter