What Is A "don't Miss" Treat In Wdw?

Originally posted by lulu71
My favorite is the Mickey head rice crispy treats. The ears are dipped in milk chocolate and covered with Mickey head sprinkes. Yum!

Me too. I love these things.

also:

a rootbeer float from Sleepy Hollow.

La Fin du Monde from Le Cellier :drinking1

Jennasis,

New England Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl (Columbia Harbor House MK)

Unfortunately, they no longer have the bread bowls at Columbia Harbor House! :( You can still get the chowder, but in a plain bowl.

At MK when it's time to leave, stop by casey's for a hot dog at sit outside and watch the castle change colors and reflect on your day. It lets the crowd thin and is a relaxing way to end a great day. Note: we always leave MK in the middle of the day for a 2-3 hr nap/ pool break which refreshes like nothing else. If you've never tried this, take the nap and get out of the heat! Then when you come back in the late afternoon, it's like a second day and you can add that casey's stop at the end instead of staggering for the exit.

Popcorn in one of those souvenir buckets and one of these :mickeybar ! ::yes::

All of these are wonderful. My personal favorites:

1) Dole Whips
2) The food at the Columbia Harbour House!
3) Fish and chips in the UK

Enjoy!

Dole Whip is like Ice Cream, sort of but it is pineapple flavored soft serve, it is really good but a little too sweet for me... I preferred to have a pineapple float with vanilla ice cream. I also thought that the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on mainstreet had really good sundaes and floats, they serve hard ice cream. I also like popcorn, and must have casey's hot dogs. I agree, take a mid-day break do Mk at night it is wonderful....and finish it up at Casey's while the throngs of crowd herd their way out. I also like the toppings bars at Cosmic rays and pecos bill's ....

This trip we stocked up on the kaki gori ices in Japan. Everyone looked at us enjoying ours and I guess with the hot april heat that day it did the trick. A man came up to us and asked how were they, we said great and then a huge line formed. We also had our fill of carmel and candy apples and the frozen drinks from the beverly sweet shop at mgm, hint: don't get the watermelon flavor. Its terrible. DS traded his for another flavor. I like the lime flavored one. Cant believe I didnt get a citrus swirl this time.

a big piece of carrot cake from the bakery at mk while watching the fireworks

i really like the corn dog nuggets at cosmic rays at the magic kingdom!!!!

Originally posted by HollyJoy
where do you find the Turkey Legs?

THe Lunching pad in Tomorrowland at MK is the first place that comes to mind. I believe there is also a cart that sells them outside of the American Adventure Pavillion in Epcot. Cannot think of any other locations at the moment, but I am sure that there are many more!!...............P

And for the person inquiring about Dole Whips, there is a walk-up counter in Adventureland, near the bridge to the Castle where they sell these....kind of like crushed pineapple and vanilla softserve blended together. Very sweet and refreshing.......P

The most famous of the Turkey Legs at MK is a little cart in Frontierland that sells them, but the wait is kinda long. Also they are available at Disney-MGM at a stand in front of Twlight Zone Tower of Terror and in AK, at least they used to be, in the Dinosaur area.

My don't miss treats:

1> The strawberry swirls at the Enchanted Grove in MK
2> A pina colada smoothie at Downtown Disney (21 Thirst Street)
3> Orange Crush at MK at the Sunshine Tree Terrace
4> Jelly Belly flavored jelly beans sold numerous places. It's cool to get all those taste sensations like watermelon, oranges, bubble gum and more. They can be found at the candy shops in the parks.

where are dole whips again? in adventureland??

it's ice cream or a "sorbet??":space: :space: :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter