• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is something you like to do the "old fashion way"

Cooking from scratch and reading actual books. I do continue to purchase cds and dvds for shows and movies I like

Make soup. These days it’s all the rage to toss it all in an electric pressure cooker and have it on the table in an hour. I prefer to build the flavor over a couple of hours (in the case of broth or stock, all day), taste testing, adding this or that, putting lots of love into it. It’s one of those things that can’t be rushed IMO.

Make soup. These days it’s all the rage to toss it all in an electric pressure cooker and have it on the table in an hour. I prefer to build the flavor over a couple of hours (in the case of broth or stock, all day), taste testing, adding this or that, putting lots of love into it. It’s one of those things that can’t be rushed IMO.
::yes:: I agree except for me it's cooking in the oven or on the stove top instead of in a crock-pot. I really dislike crock-pot food; it may smell great but everything comes out of it tasting the same. Blech. :crazy2:

I love to shop for food, but it’s hard to find someone to take me so I use a service. I also like to cook from scratch.

I also prefer to talk on a landline.

Put air in my tires. I prefer to set the old-style, free machine where you set the amount of pressure, and it stops when it gets there.

Not wild about the gauge that you have to watch to see when it gets to the right amount of pressure (they always seem broken) or having to put quarters in and you have to watch your time, sort of like a vacuum at the car wash. :laughing:

I would say schoolwork/notetaking. I'm a student and everyone I know uses tablets or laptops for notetaking. I can't stand doing that. I prefer to handwrite my notes. I scribble the lectures down and then go home and reorganize, outline, reevaluate, and rewrite the information. It really helps me retain the content.

I would say schoolwork/notetaking. I'm a student and everyone I know uses tablets or laptops for notetaking. I can't stand doing that. I prefer to handwrite my notes. I scribble the lectures down and then go home and reorganize, outline, reevaluate, and rewrite the information. It really helps me retain the content.
You must be a kinesthetic learner - that strategy is highly recommended for people with that learning style. There's actually some connection between the physical motion and the brain retaining the information. Me, I'm "auditory" and retain information best if I divert my eyes from the speaker (or close them entirely) and concentrate on just listening to what's being said. Having to watch a slide-show while simultaneously listening to a lecture really messes me up. Add in note taking and you can pretty much forget it. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter