What is the Best Way to Make Resort Requests?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
I know that resort requests are never guaranteed, but I've read a bunch of different ways to make them and I was wondering which method would give me the best chance of having my requests fulfilled. I've heard from a few different websites to call or fax your request in a few days before you arrive, although I was also told that Disney is trying to get away from that. A CM told me that the best way to have your request made is to put it on your reservation and then NOT use the online check in. What has worked for you? We'll be staying at CBR in a Standard room and I'd like to be as close to Old Port Royale as possible in a room on the ground floor. I'm hoping to get upgraded to a preferred room, but when I asked I was told that currently there aren't any available for the dates we're going. I can always ask and see what happens! :-)

Hi! I have made requests with nearly every reservation that I have made and I can't remember a time that they haven't been fulfilled. I always make the request at the time that I make the reservation, but I have called back and added a request later. Calling them has always worked for me. Good luck !!!:goodvibes

Did you call the resort directly or the main reservation number?

Definitely fax. I always fax my requests, and I always get the requests honored. About half the time, I also get (unasked for) upgrades, too!

Every time I've faxed Pop Century (asking for quiet rooms on top floors as close as possible to the main building) I've gotten upgraded to the 60's, which, since it's the closest building, normally goes for an extra $10 a night. A nice surprise is that they also assigned us rooms facing the lake -- it barely felt like we were staying at a value resort!

In December, I faxed AKL asking for a room with 2 beds (instead of 1 king bed), and I also asked to be as close to the lobby as possible. Not only did I get the requests, but I was upgraded (free!) to savannah view (I had booked standard view.)

One thing I always do is set a very polite, upbeat tone in my fax. I make it clear that I don't expect anything -- but I let them know how much they could make our trip magical if we do get our requests. I always put large Disney-related pictures on the note, too, so that it catches their eye and looks friendly.

I would still make sure that your requests are on the reservation, but I can't say enough good things about sending a faxed note 4 days before arrival.

I was wondering the same thing. I originally booked a standard room at ASMo, realized that most buildings were preferred, called and upgraded and added a request for a courtyard facing toy story building. I'm not sure if I need to call back and check, fax, check in online, or what.
I read somewhere on here about printing out the resort map and faxing them that with your preferences on it. Has anyone tried that?

The most recommended way to make a request based on information shared by Disney cast members is, to make your requests with your reservation by calling the Reservation center.

That way you know the requests are seen when your reservation is down loaded from Central Reservations to the resort computer system.

There is absolutely no way to be sure a fax will be seen, much less matched to actual reservation which is in the resort's computer system. Many are simply thrown away.

Faxing is too unreliable for me.

I always have my requests on my reservation, then 5 days before arrival I send a fax Attn Room Assigners to my resort.

I always just make a request when making our reservations (twice) and called the reservation number a few months before our trip (once) and they have always have been granted. Two different resorts - CBR and POP.

Emily

Disney's process for handling room requests is to have them on your reservation record. You can add requests when you make your reservation, or any time after that by calling 407-WDISNEY. If you used a travel agent, they'll need to call for you.

That's the only way to be sure that the room assigner will see your requests, and it certainly makes things easier for them, since the requests are right there when they pull up your reservation.

Faxes are very hit or miss; some room assigners look at faxes, some don't, a lot of faxes end up in the trash. A fax is a piece of paper that has to be manually matched up with a reservation record in the computer; and while that may sound like no trouble at all for one fax, when you realize that hundreds of people can be checking into a resort in a single day, it becomes an immense amount of work.

So.....if you want to be sure that someone will see your request, call 407-WDISNEY and add it to your reservation. If you then want to send a fax, no harm, no foul, but don't depend entirely on faxing.

Soonji said:
Every time I've faxed Pop Century (asking for quiet rooms on top floors as close as possible to the main building) I've gotten upgraded to the 60's, which, since it's the closest building, normally goes for an extra $10 a night. A nice surprise is that they also assigned us rooms facing the lake -- it barely felt like we were staying at a value resort!
Just so you know - those particular rooms don't cost extra; they're not an upgrade.

Lynne M said:
Faxes are very hit or miss; some room assigners look at faxes, some don't, a lot of faxes end up in the trash. A fax is a piece of paper that has to be manually matched up with a reservation record in the computer; and while that may sound like no trouble at all for one fax, when you realize that hundreds of people can be checking into a resort in a single day, it becomes an immense amount of work.
::yes:: Figure on a typical day at a 2,000 room resort, about 300 rooms will have arriving Guests. If even half those Guests fax requests and it takes two minutes just to read each fax, that's five hours. Then, as Lynne M indicates, they have to match the fax with a reservation; then they have to find a room that meets the requests. If they can't, then they have to try to find one that meets as many as possible in the order listed; if that doesn't work, they eliminate another one, and so on and so on and... meanwhile, there are still 150 other Guests - those who didn't fax requests - whose rooms also need to be assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter