What is the best way to make this work?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
We fly in late so we’ll grab our luggage and then head to the Magic express in the morning (staying n the airport hotel the night we fly in). We’re staying at the Beach Club, but have breakfast reservations at Chef Mickeys and then we’ll come back to the hotel for some pool time. Should we take the ME to the hotel, drop off our luggage and get a Minnie van to CR? What would the cost be? The logistics are making me want to switch to a monorail resort. I wish we could send our luggage to our hotel and hop on the bus heading to the CR. Is there a way that can happen? If we didn’t pick up our luggage the night before would it get sent to our hotel?

Last edited:
No, you can't get on a different bus.

Are you talking about not picking up your luggage at the airport? That's a huge risk. Disney doesn't pick up luggage after 10 pm. It will just sit there on the carousel.

Can't help with the rest of it, but the MinnieVan fare will be $15 + $2.75 per mile. I did a quick Google Maps check and it looks like 5.6 miles, so the fare would be about $30 without tip.

A rideshare (Uber or Lyft) can also take you to the Contemporary for much less. Quick Uber check: roughly $10 for X; $15 for XL...also not including tip.

Can't help with the rest of it, but the MinnieVan fare will be $15 + $2.75 per mile. I did a quick Google Maps check and it looks like 5.6 miles, so the fare would be about $30 without tip.

A rideshare (Uber or Lyft) can also take you to the Contemporary for much less. Quick Uber check: roughly $10 for X; $15 for XL...also not including tip.
My only concern with Uber is that I have two kids in car seats. Does anyone know how hard it is to Uber with car seat requests?

My only concern with Uber is that I have two kids in car seats. Does anyone know how hard it is to Uber with car seat requests?
Uber does not have any vehicles with two car seats. They have some with one car seat, but none with two. Lyft doesn't have any cars with child seats.

Not sure of your exact timing and logistics, but another potential option is to:

- Arrive at BC
- Check your bags with Bell Services
- Take a bus to MK
- Walk from MK to CR

You can do the same thing in reverse to get back to BC.

What time is your plane scheduled to arrive? What time is your breakfast reservation?
I'm curious also. The line of "we fly in late" makes it sound like arriving at the airport at 9pm or later. Which doesn't match with asking about taking DME to CR.

Plane lands at 10:30 the night before. We’ll stay at the airport hotel and wake up in the morning and head to the hotel. Current reservation is for 10:30. I would prefer a 9:30 reservation which makes things more challenging. 🤪

Plane lands at 10:30 the night before. We’ll stay at the airport hotel and wake up in the morning and head to the hotel. Current reservation is for 10:30. I would prefer a 9:30 reservation which makes things more challenging. 🤪
Thank you.

Another option is to Uber/Lyft/Town Car from the airport motel to CR, ask their bell services to hold your bags, have breakfast, collect the bags, then Uber/Lyft/Taxi to BC. Fastest but more expensive.
Or, leave early enough to get back to MCO, take DME to BC, drop your bags with bell services, then bus to MK, walk to CR. Longer but cheapest.

Thank you.

Another option is to Uber/Lyft/Town Car from the airport motel to CR, ask their bell services to hold your bags, have breakfast, collect the bags, then Uber/Lyft/Taxi to BC. Fastest but more expensive.
Or, leave early enough to get back to MCO, take DME to BC, drop your bags with bell services, then bus to MK, walk to CR. Longer but cheapest.

Needing two car seats definitely complicates things. I think the second option is ultimately going to be the only feasible one outside of booking a towncar or similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter