What is The Craziest Thing You've Ever Seen At Disney World?

We were leaving MK one night back in 1994. We were there on the 4th but they didn't have any fireworks due to the drought that year. I am not sure where we were coming from but there was a large crowd. I was 13 at the time and my sister was 9. My mom was holding my sisters hand and this woman comes right up and tries to walk in between my mom and my sister. My mom looks at the lady and says, "excuse me but you will have to go another way" and holds up to show her them holding hands. The woman actually huffed like she was being super inconvenienced as she finally went around them.

A few years ago, we were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. As the characters made their way to all the tables, we were patiently waiting for Pluto to approach us. He was only 2 tables away. We turned to watch as he interacted with the kids at that table...when a young girl (no more than 4 or 5) reached up and grabbed his tongue and yanked it out of his mouth...totally ripping it out. The CMs who were with the Characters were very good at quickly removing Pluto to the back where he had to undergo a change after his costume malfunction. Even though it was also time for the next group of diners to be seated, they were very accommodating to all who still hadn't seen Pluto and allowed us to remain seated until he could return.

About 25.5 years ago, we checked into the Poly and were driven to our building. The bellman opens the door and there are CM uniforms on the bed, the shower is running and giggles could be heard coming from the bathroom. Completely caught off guard, the bellman thought it was best to contact the front desk for another room.
.....uhhhhh....maybe we....errrr, I mean, THEY were scrubbing the bathroom wall tiles and suds went up their noses.......yup, THAT'S it....and they were thoughtful enough not to get their uniforms wet....:teeth:

While we were waiting to be seated outside the French restaurant, we were treated to some serious PDA by two young women. I'm no prude, but there is a place for everything; deep kissing and groping do not belong on a park bench.
....you've never been to Central Park, have you....popcorn::

I love the story of the man arguing with Crush in Turtle Talk :lmao:

I don't know that mine is so much crazy as a pleasant surprise.

We were on a packed, standing room only buy leaving Downtown Disney fairly late (OK, we had little kids, it was probably only 10, but it felt late :rotfl:).

There was a major wreck on the road and we ended up not moving at all--for almost an hour. It didn't take long for those of us who were standing to sit in the floor.

On a bus full of tired Disney park guests, and several little ones, that is packed as full as they go just not moving, people could have easily gotten very testy.

It was a week or 2 before Christmas and someone sitting in about the middle of the bus starting softly singing Jingle Bells about 5 minutes into the stop, once it became apparent this was a mess and we were not going anywhere soon.
Someone else joined in, and then a few more, and before you knew the hole bus was singing. And when that finished someone started up with Frosty and the Rudolph. . .

For the next 45 minutes, or more, the whole bus had a giant group sing along of Christmas carols and Disney songs with different people stating things up.

My kids were 3 and 5 and they both still recall this as one of their best Disney memories :goodvibes
....awesome story....

a dad screaming at his kids (looked like young teens) very loudly. Mom starts yelling at dad to stop yelling at kids. Finally, the dad throws his hands up and yells at the top of his lungs, "WE NEED TO HIT THE RE-DO BUTTON" then storms off with the family following him. Then they stopped and formed a circle and bowed their heads. They were talking quietly (I am assuming they were apologizing for yelling at each other.) Then they all put their hands in the circle and yelled something like, "ANDERSON FAMILY" and walked off happily.

I was glad to see this actually since tension can run high with fast paced touring, the heat, the exhaustion of walking all over the parks etc. It is not a relaxing vacation! But they saw they were losing it and took a step back to come back to reality.

This is cause for a raucous, guffaw type laugh!! I busted a rib reading this. My husband says this ALL THE TIME. Drives me nuts, but LOL, it is so worth doing. It's exactly how we go down in a blazing fire fast...Dad gets mad at kids, Mom gets mad at Dad...LOL. Too funny. I wish more families would hit the re-do button!

We've seen a few crazy things during our time at Disney and Universal.

One time I saw a woman change her child's diaper on the table at CRT. Gross!

By far the craziest thing I've ever seen was at the turnstiles at Universal. A group made up of a handful of adults and a few kids were in front of us. They were arguing with the workers because they couldn't find one of the kids tickets. A few adults had already made it through the turnstile. While they were arguing (pretty loudly) and the workers were distracted they had one of their kids enter through the wheelchair gate thus skipping the turnstile.

As they continued to argue one of the adults handed her phone over the turnstile to another adult. She then proceeded to turn around and face me. She took the case off the phone and took out a ticket. She then turned around and announced she had found the missing ticket. They tried to use it but the workers told them the ticket had just been used a few minutes prior. They tried to explain it by saying their child (who was all of 8 or so) had entered and sat down at a table to wait for them. They took too long coming in so she went out the exit to meet back up with them but forgot her ticket on the table. The worker explained the ticket had just been used a few minutes prior, not enough time for her to come in, sit down and then walk to the exit and walk back around to the entrance.

Ultimately somehow they all got in and while a manager tried talking to them they just walked away.

So in all they got the kid who they sent through the wheelchair gate and the kid who they have a used ticket to in for free.

I could have gone to another turnstile but I was nosy and wanted to see how it played out. I did tell the manager what I saw with the ticket in the phone case.

We were at Typhoon Lagoon years ago. A family of 6 (foreign - sounded like they were speaking German) stood up and took off their bathing suits, dried off with towels, and then got dressed in front of everyone sitting on their lounge chairs or who were walking by on the sidewalk next to them.

Crazy cute: A squirrel at Universal with a bag of peanut M&Ms. He was shelling the chocolate off and eating the peanuts.

Not Disney, but I have seen a crazy squirrel too.

It was at UCLA campus in 2004. My husband, who was my boyfriend back then, and I saw a squirrel picked up an Oreo from trash can, twisted the cookie, licked the cream, ate the cookie, just like the way they show you in the commercials. Both of our jaws dropped and I remembered that squirrel to this day.

A couple of years ago, my family was on Main Street, heading toward the exit, weaving in and out between people because it was very busy with people just coming in and people leaving. I noticed this lady on a scooter that just went diagonally across the street as fast as the scooter would go, not seeming to care who got in her way as she was just staring straight ahead. She just missed a little boy about 5 or 6 years old. The guy who I assume was her husband said, “Hey, watch it, you almost hit that kid.” Her response was, “So? It’s not my kid.” :scared1:

A couple of years ago, my family was on Main Street, heading toward the exit, weaving in and out between people because it was very busy with people just coming in and people leaving. I noticed this lady on a scooter that just went diagonally across the street as fast as the scooter would go, not seeming to care who got in her way as she was just staring straight ahead. She just missed a little boy about 5 or 6 years old. The guy who I assume was her husband said, “Hey, watch it, you almost hit that kid.” Her response was, “So? It’s not my kid.” :scared1:
....wow....just......wow.

I'm pretty sure my husband and myself walked in on a couple in the act of making a souvenir in the hot tub.

Heat of September and there were some young adults in full Goth. Full heavy makeup, heavy canvas pants, long sleeves, vest w/chains, some leather, heavy boots, all in black.

Didn't think the goth itself was crazy just the weight, color and sheer amount of skin covered and so much makeup. I saw them twice and couldn't believe they hadn't had a heat stroke.

The thing I like about this thread and that makes it different is that these things are strange but not gross. There is a different thread for gross.

People are strange.

I don't have any stories but keep yours coming!:yo-yo:

Loving this thread - so funny! Have to say, we have not seen anything too strange....except for a baby (maybe 18 months) drinking soda out of his bottle. Watched the mom pour it in....yikes!

I once saw a small baby (3-4 months) in a stroller with the bottle propped up and the Mom was yakking away on her cell phone ignoring the child. Maybe not that strange but it did stand out to me.

Standing in line at HM, the girl in front of us (teenager in the 15-17 age range) proceeded to remove her underwear from under her skirt.... her very, very short skirt. When she sat down on the ride, her "stuff" must have been in direct contact with the seat. Eeeewwwww....

My friend visited last summer. Her daughter gave Cinderella her autograph book to sign, but Cinderella signed the name of a different princess ( can't remember which one). Oops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter